Are you a conservative?

Question 1 -- What does the root word "conserve" in conservative refer to?

Question 2 -- how does multiculturalism differ from liberalism, especially in regards to what it seeks to conserve.

Q1 To serve or protect, such as our national forests, fisheries and wildlife.

Q2 It serves to allow and not mock the religious and cultural rituals carried over from their ancestral homeland, such as Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day Parades, Columbus Day, Chinese New Years, Easter, etc. And to allow all of us to enjoy the food and celebration associated with these events.

Yep. I knew you were not telling the truth about your educational background.

Why is that? You asked what do I believe, did you want me to look up in a dictionary the etymology for these two words?

Looks like #1 is spot on:

con·serve
Dictionary result for conserve
verb
verb: conserve; 3rd person present: conserves; past tense: conserved; past participle: conserved; gerund or present participle: conserving
/kənˈsərv/
  1. 1.
    protect (something, especially an environmentally or culturally important place or thing) from harm or destruction.
    "the funds raised will help conserve endangered meadowlands"
    • prevent the wasteful or harmful overuse of (a resource).
      "industry should conserve more water"
      synonyms: preserve, protect, maintain, save, safeguard, keep, take care of, care for, look after, sustain, keep intact, prolong, perpetuate; More.
Seem like my sense of Multiculturalism is close too:

mul·ti·cul·tur·al·ism
Dictionary result for multiculturalism
/ˈˌməltēˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm,ˈˌməltəˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm,ˈˌməlˌtīˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. the presence of, or support for the presence of, several distinct cultural or ethnic groups within a society.

You are too utterly ignorant to have ever studied political science -- obviously so. You are just making yourself look very childish and foolish here.

The root term "conserve" in conservative has to do with the preservation of culture, implicit in such the continuation of various mores, systems of interaction and ways of life.

Multiculturalism also has to do with the preservation of culture, in this case the cultures of disparate people living within the auspices of a larger state.

When one seeks to preserve the cultural values of cultures that are illiberal, themselves, the result is to UNDERMINE liberalism, not further it.

By the way, multiculturalism is a term applicable to Ethnic Studies, Sociology and Social Psychology too.

Question 2 -- how does multiculturalism differ from liberalism, especially in regards to what it seeks to conserve.

Q2 It serves to allow and not mock the religious and cultural rituals carried over from their ancestral homeland, such as Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day Parades, Columbus Day, Chinese New Years, Easter, etc. And to allow all of us to enjoy the food and celebration associated with these events - and to understand our differences and what we all have in common.
No. That is not correct.

The conserve in conservatism has absolutely nothing to do with the environment. It has to do with the preservation of cultural values.

Multiculturalism has nothing to do with mockery. It is the political doctrine that seeks to preserve distinctly different cultures living within a greater political unit. When such cultural values are illiberal, the act of preserving them works against liberalism rather than supporting it.

Q2 It serves to allow and not mock the religious and cultural rituals carried over from their ancestral homeland, such as Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day Parades, Columbus Day, Chinese New Years, Easter, etc. And to allow all of us to enjoy the food and celebration associated with these events - and to understand our differences and what we all have in common.
No. That is not correct.

The conserve in conservatism has absolutely nothing to do with the environment. It has to do with the preservation of cultural values.

Multiculturalism has nothing to do with mockery. It is the political doctrine that seeks to preserve distinctly different cultures living within a greater political unit. When such cultural values are illiberal, the act of preserving them works against liberalism rather than supporting it.

Are you familiar with the word "idiom"?

Yep, lets remember the first environmentalists were actually conservatives. At least, they were there in significant numbers, under the banner of "saving god's creation."

As to multiculturalism, it's, of course, the big, bad bogeyman of populists and their demands for, and promises of, uniformity of culture and race. Not to suffer any "other" cultures and their rituals and habits I would define as the height of illiberalism.

But, let's pick up on Coyote's hint, and hunt down the conservatives who would not meet liberal opprobrium. They could be characterized thus:

- Respectful of science, as humans' best way to explore and understand the world, and facts - as these would anchor human endeavors and preclude flights of fancy destroying what society has achieved

- Rejecting the outsize influence of big money on policy-making - of, for, and by the people, as the saying of old goes

- Standing up for racial, regional, gender equality - willing to put a stop to ever more inequality of income and wealth - following the Founders' promise of equality

- Respectful of humans no matter their heritage, ancestry, immigration status, unwilling to pander, and standing up, to xenophobes - mindful of the old, "What you've done to the least of these, you've done to me."

Now, I have to admit, I have yet to find a suitable name for that kind of conservative, and I have yet to find a single one who would fit the bill on the national stage. Is there even one?

No. That is not correct.

Are you familiar with the word "idiom"?
Do you know the words liberalism and conservatisn?

You have yet to display even the most rudimentary understanding .

Yep, lets remember the first environmentalists were actually conservatives. At least, they were there in significant numbers, under the banner of "saving god's creation."

As to multiculturalism, it's, of course, the big, bad bogeyman of populists and their demands for, and promises of, uniformity of culture and race. Not to suffer any "other" cultures and their rituals and habits I would define as the height of illiberalism.

But, let's pick up on Coyote's hint, and hunt down the conservatives who would not meet liberal opprobrium. They could be characterized thus:

- Respectful of science, as humans' best way to explore and understand the world, and facts - as these would anchor human endeavors and preclude flights of fancy destroying what society has achieved

- Rejecting the outsize influence of big money on policy-making - of, for, and by the people, as the saying of old goes

- Standing up for racial, regional, gender equality - willing to put a stop to ever more inequality of income and wealth - following the Founders' promise of equality

- Respectful of humans no matter their heritage, ancestry, immigration status, unwilling to pander, and standing up, to xenophobes - mindful of the old, "What you've done to the least of these, you've done to me."

Now, I have to admit, I have yet to find a suitable name for that kind of conservative, and I have yet to find a single one who would fit the bill on the national stage. Is there even one?
Nobody has called for uniformity of race. That is underhanded and dishonest.

I don't know what country you live in,, but any child much past 4th grade should understand we are a melting pot society here in America. Ever since our inception, we have been a country that welcomes those who wish to become Americans.

That you try to turn this into something ugly and racist may be because you are on the outside looking in, but there is nothing at all insidious about supporting American values.

In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

To be fair, I'll post why I'm a liberal Democrat:

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.
So, which type of conservative are you:

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  4. Goldwater Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
How can you have empathy For the working poor when you are flooding their neighborhoods with the worlds illiterate poor ???

I'm not flooding their neighborhoods with anyone. I support secure borders and ports of entry (air and sea ports along with portals on the North and South borders). I also support jail, a hefty fine and restitution paid to replace payroll taxes to any employer and owner who used personnel not legally able to work in the here.

That includes Donald Trump.
So how are you a democrat when democrats are for open Borders ?

In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
How can you have empathy For the working poor when you are flooding their neighborhoods with the worlds illiterate poor ???

I'm not flooding their neighborhoods with anyone. I support secure borders and ports of entry (air and sea ports along with portals on the North and South borders). I also support jail, a hefty fine and restitution paid to replace payroll taxes to any employer and owner who used personnel not legally able to work in the here.

Easy. They aren’t.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

Easy. They aren’t.
Lol they shut down the government for 5 billion for border security.. for areas that experts say we need border walls. They are against more Detention beds to hold illegals.. wha are you talking about... you are against border security you are for the destruction of poor American neighborhoods.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

Only a fool is for open borders, given our experience on 9/11/2001. And only a fool believes donald trump, who makes the claim the Democrats want open borders.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

Easy. They aren’t.

Lol they shut down the government for 5 billion for border security.. for areas that experts say we need border walls. They are against more Detention beds to hold illegals.. wha are you talking about... you are against border security you are for the destruction of poor American neighborhoods.

Your facts are wrong.

Easy. They aren’t.

Your facts are wrong.
Which one?? Any substance?

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

Easy. They aren’t.
You need to look up the meaning of open borders.

Easy. They aren’t.
We don’t have openings at the border? Are you on drugs?

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
No. Not a COHENservative. I am a Racial Socialist who puts race above all else. If its good for my people then I am for it,if its bad for my people I am against it.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
1430468619637.jpg

Easy. They aren’t.
We don’t have openings at the border? Are you on drugs?
Nope, but I have my suspicions about you.

Forum List

Back