Are you a conservative?

LOL, it is the Republican Party, run by an autocrat, supported by a base which seeks to overturn equal rights and equal opportunities to citizens who are members of the protective class - that is identity politics on steroids.
It’s remarkable that the left doesn’t even see the astounding flaw in that statement. There cannot be “equality” if there is a “protected class”. That’s not even legal. The U.S. Constitution dictates that the law be applied equally to all citizens. If the law has created a “protected class” then there is no equality. They receive special treatment and protections that others don’t.

Now imagine feigning outrage for “equality” while using examples of the “protected class” to prove that point. Unbelievable. Literally....unbelievable. That’s clearly not someone who is the least bit interested in equality.

Racism & Misogyny have existed since the colonial days, and continue even today, even after men and women of good will fought to end discrimination.
And? So? Liberty includes the liberty to be racist, hateful, intolerant, etc. And it’s already illegal to assault someone, kill someone, etc. so a “protected class” is completely unnecessary while being highly unconstitutional. And it ensures the inequality you claim to oppose.

Racism & Misogyny have existed since the colonial days, and continue even today, even after men and women of good will fought to end discrimination.
And? So? Liberty includes the liberty to be racist, hateful, intolerant, etc. And it’s already illegal to assault someone, kill someone, etc. so a “protected class” is completely unnecessary while being highly unconstitutional. And it ensures the inequality you claim to oppose.
Your sophistry is juvenile. Write this ^^^ in a blue book and you wouldn't only flunk the class, you'd be mocked by the prof.

XXXX - Mod Edit --- Personal exchange is over..

As much as the oppressive left would like to believe otherwise, we have a constitutional right to hold any views we want (including racist views, sexist views, etc.). And all genders and races are already protected by laws against assault, intimidation, etc. So the “protected class” is not only completely unnecessary, it is unconstitutional. It creates the exact inequality that you actual desire but claim to oppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

To be fair, I'll post why I'm a liberal Democrat:

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.
So, which type of conservative are you:

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  4. Goldwater Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
You are far from a liberal. You statists took over a perfectly good and respectable brand.
STOP IT
Liberal and democrat is an oxymoron.
No, i am not a conservative.

I haven't found a single leftist in this forum who has ever read John Rowles or John Stuart Mill .Heck, most have never even heard of them .They do not understand that liberalism is a political philosophy based upon certain principles they are only capable of viewing it as an identity.

The identity politics game they play is extremely illiberal .

My undergrad degree was in Poli Sci & US History (double major) and a minor in Philosophy. Not only have I read John Stuart Mill, but all of political economy philosophers known for the Age of Enlightenment.

Your claim about liberalism is laughable. See:

Liberalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

So, when do you plan on abandoning your extremely authoritarian identity politics and start supporting liberalism, instead?

Liberalism is an egalitarian philosophy rather than one based upon identity.

LOL, it is the Republican Party, run by an autocrat, supported by a base which seeks to overturn equal rights and equal opportunities to citizens who are members of the protective class - that is identity politics on steroids.
So you dont know what liberalism or equality is. Smh

It’s remarkable that the left doesn’t even see the astounding flaw in that statement. There cannot be “equality” if there is a “protected class”. That’s not even legal. The U.S. Constitution dictates that the law be applied equally to all citizens. If the law has created a “protected class” then there is no equality. They receive special treatment and protections that others don’t.

Now imagine feigning outrage for “equality” while using examples of the “protected class” to prove that point. Unbelievable. Literally....unbelievable. That’s clearly not someone who is the least bit interested in equality.

It should be noted that the text above exhibits staggering ignorance as to the concepts of "equality / equal treatment" and "protected class", cannot explain why the latter concept is "not even legal". Instead, the opponent is being besmirched as someone not "the least bit interested in equality."

It should be noted that the text above exhibits staggering ignorance as to the concepts of "equality / equal treatment" and "protected class", cannot explain why the latter concept is "not even legal". Instead, the opponent is being besmirched as someone not "the least bit interested in equality."
The fed gov has no power to protect certain people. The govt should not be discriminatory. In any way.
Its called the constitution. For gawd sakes, yoh shouldnt condescend people when you have no idea of what you speak.

The fed gov has no power to protect certain people. The govt should not be discriminatory. In any way.
Its called the constitution. For gawd sakes, yoh shouldnt condescend people when you have no idea of what you speak.

I suggest you read the following supreme court decisions, and then apologize for your personal attack that I have no ideas on what I write:

The 21 most famous Supreme Court decisions

I suggest you read the following supreme court decisions, and then apologize for your personal attack that I have no ideas on what I write:

Idc what they say. They also said internment camps based solely on nationality was co constitutional... that wasnt to you, btw.
Learn to forum bro

Idc what they say. They also said internment camps based solely on nationality was co constitutional... that wasnt to you, btw.
Learn to forum bro

Learn to forum bro

My comment was directed at your claim, "The fed gov has no power to protect certain people". Not only are many of these clear evidence that the SC believes COTUS protects "certain people", but a number of amendments ought to be proof that it does (no matter if you believe women shouldn't have the right to vote, or separate but equal is fine for you).

I'm the kind of conservative that sees through BS. You've posted a bullet list of virtues you claim as a liberal, then lumped all conservatives into narrow derogatory groups. Why?

Learn to forum bro

Learn to forum bro

My comment was directed at your claim, "The fed gov has no power to protect certain people". Not only are many of these clear evidence that the SC believes COTUS protects "certain people", but a number of amendments ought to be proof that it does (no matter if you believe women shouldn't have the right to vote, or separate but equal is fine for you).
As i said, idc what a group of activists claim. The constitution is clear.
Your statism and bigotry dont work on me.

I'm the kind of conservative that sees through BS. You've posted a bullet list of virtues you claim as a liberal, then lumped all conservatives into narrow derogatory groups. Why?

Many people in this forum have no idea what political terms actually mean. All they know is that they have joined a tribe and so are expected to war with the other tribe. For them, it is all about lock step conformity of opinion, a Manichaean orientation to the world and a political identity so simplified that they never have to analyze an event according to principles, but merely react according to the groupthink on the subject.

I don't know, likely because they are the dominant one's I've classified from reading posts on this message board. What other classifications did I miss?

[considering your question, maybe I need an adjective for the conservative who tosses everyone under the bus who does not agree with them as a RINO?]

I could also classify the left, which the right seems to want everyone to believe are radical communists who hate capitalism, the very wealthy and want cross dressing men to use girl's bathrooms.

The left includes moderate / centrist Democrats; liberal , progressive and radical Democrats; the latter who want change now, vis a vis the former set who seek change through debate, compromise and legislation.

Question 1 -- What does the root word "conserve" in conservative refer to?

Question 2 -- how does multiculturalism differ from liberalism, especially in regards to what it seeks to conserve.

Q1 To serve or protect, such as our national forests, fisheries and wildlife.

Q2 It serves to allow and not mock the religious and cultural rituals carried over from their ancestral homeland, such as Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day Parades, Columbus Day, Chinese New Years, Easter, etc. And to allow all of us to enjoy the food and celebration associated with these events - and to understand our differences and what we all have in common.

Question 1 -- What does the root word "conserve" in conservative refer to?

Question 2 -- how does multiculturalism differ from liberalism, especially in regards to what it seeks to conserve.

Q1 To serve or protect, such as our national forests, fisheries and wildlife.

Q2 It serves to allow and not mock the religious and cultural rituals carried over from their ancestral homeland, such as Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day Parades, Columbus Day, Chinese New Years, Easter, etc. And to allow all of us to enjoy the food and celebration associated with these events.

Yep. I knew you were not telling the truth about your educational background.

Why is that? You asked what do I believe, did you want me to look up in a dictionary the etymology for these two words?

Looks like #1 is spot on:

con·serve
Dictionary result for conserve
verb
verb: conserve; 3rd person present: conserves; past tense: conserved; past participle: conserved; gerund or present participle: conserving
/kənˈsərv/
  1. 1.
    protect (something, especially an environmentally or culturally important place or thing) from harm or destruction.
    "the funds raised will help conserve endangered meadowlands"
    • prevent the wasteful or harmful overuse of (a resource).
      "industry should conserve more water"
      synonyms: preserve, protect, maintain, save, safeguard, keep, take care of, care for, look after, sustain, keep intact, prolong, perpetuate; More.
Seem like my sense of Multiculturalism is close too:

mul·ti·cul·tur·al·ism
Dictionary result for multiculturalism
/ˈˌməltēˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm,ˈˌməltəˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm,ˈˌməlˌtīˈkəlCH(ə)rəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. the presence of, or support for the presence of, several distinct cultural or ethnic groups within a society.

In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
How can you have empathy For the working poor when you are flooding their neighborhoods with the worlds illiterate poor ???

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
How can you have empathy For the working poor when you are flooding their neighborhoods with the worlds illiterate poor ???

I'm not flooding their neighborhoods with anyone. I support secure borders and ports of entry (air and sea ports along with portals on the North and South borders). I also support jail, a hefty fine and restitution paid to replace payroll taxes to any employer and owner who used personnel not legally able to work in the here.

That includes Donald Trump.

Folks, ease remember you are cuising in the CDZ...no drive by shooting or honking.

The OP is a bit iffy given it's negative definitions of conservatism so kudus to those who have turned it around into a good discussion. Let's keep it that way. A discussion of each others credentials belongs elsewhere :)

Forum List

Back