Are you a conservative?

In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

To be fair, I'll post why I'm a liberal Democrat:

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.
So, which type of conservative are you:

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  4. Goldwater Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
You are far from a liberal. You statists took over a perfectly good and respectable brand.
STOP IT
Liberal and democrat is an oxymoron.
No, i am not a conservative.

I haven't found a single leftist in this forum who has ever read John Rowles or John Stuart Mill .Heck, most have never even heard of them .They do not understand that liberalism is a political philosophy based upon certain principles they are only capable of viewing it as an identity.

The identity politics game they play is extremely illiberal .

P2 I have empathy for those who need aid and comfort.
If that were even remotely true, you would pay for those people who you deem are in need of assistance. This has nothing to do with faux “empathy”. It is entirely about control. Forcing all of society into a redistributive model out of envy and anger.

A callous conservative is someone who has no empathy for the poor, the aged, the mental impaired and even those who are addicted to drugs or alcohol; they oppose SS, Medicare, Medicaid and the PPACA (Obamacare);
A callous progressive is someone who would rather see a nation collapse and the poor suffer unimaginably so that they can exert control over others.

A “callous” conservative (by your definition) is someone who realizes that SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. collapses nations. They care deeply about the poor and realize that the poor is much better served and much better off with charity providing for them in a pure free market.

and in fact one who take pleasure in the suffering of others.

Only the suffering of some others ...

161114-ryan-crying-over-trump-tease_u1rbkr

I'm not responding to a question to a question.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Are you starting to understand that diplomacy doesn’t always work, MarcATL?

What do you believe works to prevent war, if not diplomacy?

Do you support Brinkmanship and bellicose rhetoric as a means to peace?

Yes, brinkmanship and bellicose rhetoric coupled with a strong military absolutely prevent war. This has been proven over thousands of years of history.

It's the same concept as telling your child not to be seen as an easy target for bullies, on a macro scale.

LOL, I suggest you look up what Brinkmanship and bellicose rhetoric are.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

I'm having several problems with your list, Catcher.

Conservatives are, almost by definition, wanting in the empathy department (there is even research proving same). So, calling them "callous" would be both all-encompassing, and redundant.

How very understanding of you. Not.

see what I did there? Or is it too hard to empathize with some one different?

Fiscal conservatives have left the building since Reagan alighted on the national arena to prove deficits don't matter. Ever since, "fiscal conservatism" has degenerated to tax cuts for the rich and entitlement cuts for the rest, and deficits as a consequence as far as the eye can see. Throw in "taxes" from your single item list. That is to say, fiscal conservatives are all the rage in case the president is a Democrat, and a giant "just kidding" otherwise.

The majority of the budget is now entitlements. You libs love when we touch on that at all, so you can demonize us.

And now you whine that we don't do it anymore? LOL!!!

Social conservatives are all about regulating women's vaginas, amped up by fetus fetishism. Throw in homophobics from your "single issue" list. Given that younger conservatives want nothing to do with that, I suspect they are a dying breed.

Your inability to even admit that there is a different view than yours on this, or really any issue, shows just how insanely close minded you are.

"Goldwater conservatives", I suspect, are mainly racists, nativists, White supremacists - throw in another item from your "single issue" list here.

Your race baiting is noted and held against you.

As to the neo-conservatives: When have you last seen a conservative who wasn't basically convinced there's no foreign policy problem that can't be "solved" by shooting it dead? So, I guess, for lack of true problem-solving capacity, the rank and file conservatives are all by default neo-conservatives. The real critters in this cage are the high-powered war mongers around Cheney and Rumsfeld who last lied the U.S. into the war on Iraq, and would love nothing more than going to war on Iran. Were they (their ilk) ever to gain power and presidential support, again, the rank and file will follow like the sheep they are.

Trump ran on non-intervention and won against quite a number of neocons. So, your position on this is simply ignorant and wrong.

Also, your side of the aisle is screaming for war, so try to be less crazy.

Mental illness as described in the DSM uses "rule out" instead of a fast and sure diagnosis; my taxonomy is open to the "rule out" rule.

To help you, I'll add to each category why I see the behaviors / actions / policies which describe them, IMO, and allow you to rebut my thinking:

A callous conservative is someone who has no empathy for the poor, the aged, the mental impaired and even those who are addicted to drugs or alcohol; they oppose SS, Medicare, Medicaid and the PPACA (Obamacare);

Conservatives have different solutions for the people in need. That you pretend that they are just "callous" is just you being unable to understand that other people are different than you.

A fiscal conservative is not pragmatic, they kick cans down the road so they don't have to pay via taxes to fix what needs fixing now, & will be more costly later; they are not fiscally responsible;

Entitlement spending is not sustainable, yet is politically untouchable.

The time for "responsible" is long gone. You libs did this, by demonizing any attempt to even discuss the issue.

This is on you.

A social conservative has a callous disregard for people in need: a 15-yo girl pregnant by her step father; a 35 year old mother of two who married young and has no skills to secure employment when her husband walks away; a pregnant women in an intact family who learns the fetus she is carrying suffers from congenital deformities and will be dependent for his/her lifetime;

Once again, you show no sign of having ever been exposed to the idea that other, different people than you, might have different views on these issues.

And you can only imagine that the only way anyone could disagree with you, is because they are stupid or evul.

THis is about you, not US.

an older couple whose house burned to the ground and Pacific Gas and Electric has declared bankruptcy, and there insurance companies can only pay pennies on the dollar for their loss.

Conservatives are more charitable than liberals.

Wow, such a spin and so awkwardly presented.

P1 Callous Conservatives do have a different solution, they believe taking away the minimum wage, passing Right to Work legislation and blaming the working poor as being too lazy to better themselves (of course many are working hard in both of their two or more jobs which offer no pay and no benefits).

P2 I'm exposed every day to people like you who have ideas - or echo the ideas of the power elite / Wall Street and other trickle down advocates - who live by the creed, "I've got mine, fuck the rest of you".

P3 Only those like you who attack me and not my ideas are "stupid or evil".

P4 I got mine, and I have empathy for those who do not.

In my mind I've categorized conservative into several sub-types. Help me, and others who are not conservatives which sub-type of conservative best defines you in terms of voting, domestic and foreign policies, and the wedge issues (guns, god, gays, taxes and abortion).

• I have empathy for the working poor, the drug an alcohol dependent, the mentally ill, physically ill and the aged, children and animals;
  • I abhor war and believe diplomacy can be an effective deterrent to war. Thus I oppose Brinkmanship, belligerence and bellicose rhetoric;
  • I support the United Nations, NATO and joint missions into space with other nations, allies or otherwise;
  • I support the Olympics, World Soccer and other competition wherein American's interact with others no matter their ethnicity, creed, sex or sexual orientation;
  • I believe every American citizen should enjoy the same rights and opportunities as every other person;
  • I support a Congress which supports Universal Suffrage for all citizens in every general election. [Those without a proper picture ID ought to be informed that their member of H. or Rep. will provide them at no cost a proper ID with evidence they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens];
  • I support free public education, free preventative care for all citizens (age appropriate physical examinations, age appropriate inoculations and age appropriate curriculum in public schools on health and dental care, procreation and (age appropriate) means to prevent pregnancy and STD's.
  • I support a US AG to remove Marijuana from schedule I, and add Tobacco to that schedule.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
You are far from a liberal. You statists took over a perfectly good and respectable brand.
STOP IT

I haven't found a single leftist in this forum who has ever read John Rowles or John Stuart Mill .Heck, most have never even heard of them .They do not understand that liberalism is a political philosophy based upon certain principles they are only capable of viewing it as an identity.

My undergrad degree was in Poli Sci & US History (double major) and a minor in Philosophy. Not only have I read John Stuart Mill, but all of political economy philosophers known for the Age of Enlightenment.

Your claim about liberalism is laughable. See:

Liberalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Last edited:

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
STOP IT

Wrong.

Senator Kamala Harris was spot on when addressing the myth of ‘identity politics’:

“…let’s be clear, when people say [‘identity politics’], it’s a pejorative. That phrase is used to divide, and it is used to distract. Its purpose is to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us. It is used to try and shut us up."

Kamala Harris: I Have a Problem With the Phrase 'Identity Politics'

Wrong.

Senator Kamala Harris was spot on when addressing the myth of ‘identity politics’:

“…let’s be clear, when people say [‘identity politics’], it’s a pejorative. That phrase is used to divide, and it is used to distract. Its purpose is to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us. It is used to try and shut us up."

Yep.

The charge of "identity politics" is most funny for that which it distracts from, that is, the white identity politics that was the standard for 200+ years. They wish that remains as it always was.

Who is "John Rowles"? Did someone read his works? Anyone?

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
STOP IT

My undergrad degree was in Poli Sci & US History (double major) and a minor in Philosophy. Not only have I read John Stuart Mill, but all of political economy philosophers known for the Age of Enlightenment.

So, when do you plan on abandoning your extremely authoritarian identity politics and start supporting liberalism, instead?

Liberalism is an egalitarian philosophy rather than one based upon identity.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
STOP IT

Wrong.

Kamala Harris is an idiot.

There is nothing liberal about the tribalism she practices.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist

I'm having several problems with your list, Catcher.

Conservatives are, almost by definition, wanting in the empathy department (there is even research proving same). So, calling them "callous" would be both all-encompassing, and redundant.

How very understanding of you. Not.

see what I did there? Or is it too hard to empathize with some one different?

Fiscal conservatives have left the building since Reagan alighted on the national arena to prove deficits don't matter. Ever since, "fiscal conservatism" has degenerated to tax cuts for the rich and entitlement cuts for the rest, and deficits as a consequence as far as the eye can see. Throw in "taxes" from your single item list. That is to say, fiscal conservatives are all the rage in case the president is a Democrat, and a giant "just kidding" otherwise.

The majority of the budget is now entitlements. You libs love when we touch on that at all, so you can demonize us.

And now you whine that we don't do it anymore? LOL!!!

Social conservatives are all about regulating women's vaginas, amped up by fetus fetishism. Throw in homophobics from your "single issue" list. Given that younger conservatives want nothing to do with that, I suspect they are a dying breed.

Your inability to even admit that there is a different view than yours on this, or really any issue, shows just how insanely close minded you are.

"Goldwater conservatives", I suspect, are mainly racists, nativists, White supremacists - throw in another item from your "single issue" list here.

Your race baiting is noted and held against you.

As to the neo-conservatives: When have you last seen a conservative who wasn't basically convinced there's no foreign policy problem that can't be "solved" by shooting it dead? So, I guess, for lack of true problem-solving capacity, the rank and file conservatives are all by default neo-conservatives. The real critters in this cage are the high-powered war mongers around Cheney and Rumsfeld who last lied the U.S. into the war on Iraq, and would love nothing more than going to war on Iran. Were they (their ilk) ever to gain power and presidential support, again, the rank and file will follow like the sheep they are.

Trump ran on non-intervention and won against quite a number of neocons. So, your position on this is simply ignorant and wrong.

Also, your side of the aisle is screaming for war, so try to be less crazy.

Mental illness as described in the DSM uses "rule out" instead of a fast and sure diagnosis; my taxonomy is open to the "rule out" rule.

To help you, I'll add to each category why I see the behaviors / actions / policies which describe them, IMO, and allow you to rebut my thinking:

Conservatives have different solutions for the people in need. That you pretend that they are just "callous" is just you being unable to understand that other people are different than you.

A fiscal conservative is not pragmatic, they kick cans down the road so they don't have to pay via taxes to fix what needs fixing now, & will be more costly later; they are not fiscally responsible;

Entitlement spending is not sustainable, yet is politically untouchable.

The time for "responsible" is long gone. You libs did this, by demonizing any attempt to even discuss the issue.

This is on you.

A social conservative has a callous disregard for people in need: a 15-yo girl pregnant by her step father; a 35 year old mother of two who married young and has no skills to secure employment when her husband walks away; a pregnant women in an intact family who learns the fetus she is carrying suffers from congenital deformities and will be dependent for his/her lifetime;

Once again, you show no sign of having ever been exposed to the idea that other, different people than you, might have different views on these issues.

And you can only imagine that the only way anyone could disagree with you, is because they are stupid or evul.

THis is about you, not US.

an older couple whose house burned to the ground and Pacific Gas and Electric has declared bankruptcy, and there insurance companies can only pay pennies on the dollar for their loss.

Conservatives are more charitable than liberals.

Wow, such a spin and so awkwardly presented.

P1 Callous Conservatives do have a different solution, they believe taking away the minimum wage, passing Right to Work legislation and blaming the working poor as being too lazy to better themselves (of course many are working hard in both of their two or more jobs which offer no pay and no benefits).....t.

Do you believe that Free Market Conservatives, sincerely believe that the minimum wage costs jobs?

Wrong.

Yep.

The charge of "identity politics" is most funny for that which it distracts from, that is, the white identity politics that was the standard for 200+ years. They wish that remains as it always was.

Who is "John Rowles"? Did someone read his works? Anyone?

It was a typo, dude. The e is adjacent to the s on the keyboard.

The left abandoned liberalism as it embraced multiculturalism. By supporting the conservation of illiberal attitudes among minorities, multiculturalists like Will Kymlicka and others support that which is often the very antithesis of liberalism.

The knee jerk defense of Islam among those of the left with low IQs is a prime example.

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
Powerful thread brother.

I agree w/much of these sentiments.

Billy-D_Approves.gif
So do I -- just not the left's "solutions."

1. Callous Conservative
  2. Fiscal Conservative
  3. Social Conservative
  5. Neoconservative
  6. Single Issue voter:
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Taxes
  • Abortion
  • White Supremacist
STOP IT

So, when do you plan on abandoning your extremely authoritarian identity politics and start supporting liberalism, instead?

Liberalism is an egalitarian philosophy rather than one based upon identity.

LOL, it is the Republican Party, run by an autocrat, supported by a base which seeks to overturn equal rights and equal opportunities to citizens who are members of the protective class - that is identity politics on steroids.

P4 I got mine, and I have empathy for those who do not.
That statement right there illustrates the problem with the left. If WC had the “empathy” that he claims he does, he wouldn’t have his because he would have already shared it with those don’t.

That’s what Bill Gates has done. He was the wealthiest man in the world at one point. But he’s given away so many billions that others have passed him up.

Forum List

Back