Anti-Obama Sentiment grows: Tea Party Movement Spreads To Military

Sarge, you are treading the edges of sedition. When you sign up, you swear to uphold the Constitution and obey all lawful orders. I have yet to see any of the teabaggers that were intelligent enough to know what an unlawful order consisted of.

Sounds to me like the Oathkeepers are simply another group that likes to hide the nature of Treason under a name.

That's because you don't have a clue about the nature of treason. Read the constitution, the definition is rather narrow. Either go to war against the nation or give aid and comfort to enemies (meaning those with whom the US is at war)
Nothing else is treason, not even someone falsifying records to get into a political office for which they are unqualified.

:eek: birther!

I never mentioned Obama. I simply used that particular example because everyone associates it with el Presidente. OF course if it ever were shown that Obama is working for a foreign power to the detriment of the US, then, since we are involved in an ongoing occupation tantamount to war and since Obama's mismanagement of the military would then be deliberate, we would want to convict him of treason for aiding the enemy. Sadly, even that would be impossible from a strict reading of the constitution - aiding means more than mismanaging US assets.

I think refusing to follow orders because you don't like the president's politics is grounds for dismissal.

I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO THE REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

Sooo....if the President bars you from your free speech and assembly rights because your in the military, just what should a "good" soldier do?
The military traditionally loses some right to free speech. This is always the way it has been. Cry me a river.

Refusing orders has nothing to do with free speech, btw.

So the President was caught thinking of one thing, and talking about another. Any here that have not made a verbal slip in that manner?

As far as the 'home country' comment is concerned, I have heard people make the same remark about visiting the nation in Europe that their ancestors came from.

Uh. No. I have never referred to "my Muslim faith" nor have I ever referred to my home country as "England"

Nice try though... Have you ever referred to yourself, slippingly, as a transvestite or a homosexual?

I was born in NYC... I don't ever recall saying I was born in Kansas either.

Last edited:
So,let's see... we havethe Kenyan government saying Obama is Kenyan, Michelle saying he is Kenyan, Obama himself referring to his Muslim faith and Hawaii now saying no such birth certificate exists...

And we have no reason to say, "hey, wait a minute".....

Is the Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots no more?

The group's organizer, Gary Stein, yesterday took down the Facebook page through which over 400 people had signed on in recent weeks. And according to the San Diego Union Tribune, Stein, an active duty Marine Corps sergeant, also canceled an interview with MSNBC.

Stein didn't immediately respond to our latest request for comment on the group's status. But the Union-Tribune reported that Stein had been "called back to the base to go over the Pentagon's directive on political activities," and advised of his right to an attorney, though the Marine Corps is not looking to press charges. A spokeswoman for Camp Pendleton, where Stein is stationed, said that the sergeant's supervisor "was concerned that his activities ... could give the appearance or impression that the Marine Corps is endorsing the group and its messages."

The brouhaha came after Stein promoted his group in a press release sent out by the broader Tea Party Patriots group, and in an interview with TPMmuckraker, in which he argued that members of the military have a right to express political opinions and engage in political activities. On the group's Facebook page, Stein had written that the military doe snot have to follow orders that are unconstitutional, and referred to a "tyrannical government." Military law experts said Stein and his group may be approaching the line of what's acceptable for active duty personnel.

Stein subsequently released a statement affirming that his group did not support a military uprising and viewed President Obama as the legitimate commander in chief.

Late Update: Stein responds via email to say that the Facebook page is back up and that the group has been started back up under the name "Armed Force Tea Party". "Things are going well," he wrote.

Stein said he has "been talked to" about Pentagon directives on political activities, and that he would be mindful of those directives. He stressed that the Armed Force Tea Party group is not endorsed by the Marine Corps or the military, and is focused on promoting fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets.

Armed Forces Tea Party Winding Down? (SEE LATE UPDATE) | TPMMuckraker

Apparently the military wasn't really enthused about the whole idea.

Remember..........Timothy McVeigh was in the military, and had a grudge against the government as well.

What's worse, is that it was his military training that he used to make it happen.

So,let's see... we havethe Kenyan government saying Obama is Kenyan, Michelle saying he is Kenyan, Obama himself referring to his Muslim faith and Hawaii now saying no such birth certificate exists...

Also he is the first President (Usurper) in history to seal his school records and Medical Records.

I think refusing to follow orders because you don't like the president's politics is grounds for dismissal.

http://www.marines.com/main/ftaf?pg=/making_marines/culture/traditions/the_oath

Sooo....if the President bars you from your free speech and assembly rights because your in the military, just what should a "good" soldier do?

Any member of the armed forces can be barred from free speech and assembly by their commanding officer. It comes with the territory

^^ This.

I don't even need to comment on the pure ludicrousness of these soldiers unpatriotic actions.

What the fuck part of the constitution isn't being upheld by them being in Afghanistan? They aren't fucking politicians, they aren't philosophers, and they aren't lawmakers, ESPECIALLY not domestically.

To suggest that because you don't like the HC bill (because honestly, besides the ridiculous birther movement, what else could you possibly deem unconstitutional about this administration, even if you hate them?), you aren't going to fight in war is disgusting and a poor reflection on our soldiers upholding their oath.

We've been in Afghanistan for nearly ten years, the unconstitutional war in Iraq (which I see he did NOTHING about then) is being wound down by this administration, but NOW he finds something innately unconstitutional about his service?

Bullshit. I'm furious that I've got friends in the marines that have asshats like this guy to misrepresent their commitment to our nation.

Also he is the first President (Usurper) in history to seal his school records and Medical Records.

But you're not the first punk ass poser to fake being in the military for some extra cred.

You really are fucking retarded, aren't you?

But you're not the first punk ass poser to fake being in the military for some extra cred.

You really are fucking retarded, aren't you?

Why yes. Yes, he is.

While it is true that many Tea Partiers are critical of the policies President Obama promotes and the tone of much of what he says, I don't know of any Tea Party groups who are birthers.

Of course it doesn't help the President when he has a Freudian slip in an interview with George Stephanopolis and refers to his Muslim faith nor did Michelle calm the waters speaking to a Gay and Lesbian group this last week in which she referred to her husband visiting his home country of Kenya.

Or just recently this...

Kenyan official: Obama born here

In debate over constitution, minister urges African nation to emulate U.S. inclusion

Posted: April 11, 2010
6:22 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

A Kenyan lawmaker told the nation's parliament last month that Barack Obama was born in Africa and is therefore "not even a native American."

During debate over the draft of a new Kenyan constitution, James Orengo, the country's minister of lands and a member of parliament for the Ugenya constituency, cited America's election of a Kenyan-born president as an example of what can be accomplished when diverse peoples unite:

"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation," Orengo posited, "how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the president of America?"

Orengo held up the U.S. as a country no longer "living in the past," since Americans elected a Kenyan-born president without regard to "ethnic consideration and objectives."

I think it's time obama prove where he was born. This debate has gone on long enough, and even the obama ass kissing club knows for a fact that he's hiding his entire past, including some purported birth certificate. Why? It's time to answer that question.

Sarge, you are treading the edges of sedition. When you sign up, you swear to uphold the Constitution and obey all lawful orders. I have yet to see any of the teabaggers that were intelligent enough to know what an unlawful order consisted of.

Sounds to me like the Oathkeepers are simply another group that likes to hide the nature of Treason under a name.
I understand why you'd be wary of that, but you have to remember that if there is a question of members of our government, including the president, subverting the US Constitution, that puts the military squarely in the heart of the matter. Each member swears an oath to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. These military members are not setting aside their oath to become political - they are resolving to honor the oath they took with the understanding that politics may pressure them not to.

Please list the ways in which our current government is "subverting the Constitution". Please be very clear and concise...anything less will result in service members being guilty of subversion.

Any member of the armed forces can be barred from free speech and assembly by their commanding officer. It comes with the territory

Please cite a source that applies outside of a combat zone or military operation.

Always, while you are in uniform, you are a representative of the U.S. government and subject to the UCMJ. You want to protest, do it in civvies and do not advertise yourself as an active duty member...if you do not, you WILL be disciplined. Period.

Sedition? I took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not the Government. The two are not mutually inclusive. One is mandated by the other, but can still abuse that of which I took an oath to uphold. Honoring the oath is not treason.

Actaully IF you took the current oath it includes "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." So you swore to support and defend the constitution as well as follow the orders of the president.

The OP title is misleading - our first Tea Party meetings were during the Bush Administration. It's not a partisan organization, except in the controlled mainstream media who need to marginalize it lest their paymasters lose control of the country.

With regards to treason, the fact that we're even having the discussion is evidence enough that something very wrong is happening in this country. It's my opinion that we've had a rogue executive leadership in this country for the last several decades who are gradually and incrementally workiing to transfer power away from the people and concentrate it within the executive branch.

The goal is to consolidate as much aurthority as possible under the White House so that the private interests who virtually own our executive branch can "lawfully" (but unConstitutionally) alter this nation until we are equal to the rest of the world, and eventually will be willing to integrate peacefully into a global economic system.

Any resistance to that effort by the military or by law enforcement is not treason. It's an act of patriotism. The media will use the left/right propaganda umbrella to marginalize their effort, but many people are waking up to reality and realizing that the left/right paradigm is nothing more than a tool to distort and manipulate our opinions. There will be many who are still asleep at the wheel who will only recognize this kind of activity as treason, but that's to be expected. Not everyone has the information or clarity to understand what is happening.

In the spirit of '76, resistance to tyranny is the heart of liberty. The only way to maintain that spirit with 100% assurance is to demand 100% support of the US Constitution. Therefore, it's the people who follow orders and laws that violate the Constitution are the traitors. Those are the ones who need to hear the message most, if they have a desire to be faithful and loyal to this country.

I see Black Helicopters.

Sedition? I took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not the Government. The two are not mutually inclusive. One is mandated by the other, but can still abuse that of which I took an oath to uphold. Honoring the oath is not treason.

Actaully IF you took the current oath it includes "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." So you swore to support and defend the constitution as well as follow the orders of the president.

But Lt. Colonel Lakin is a Uniformed Officer. He took a different oath which was this:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

The President is omitted from this oath. The Oath of Office is a solemn oath taken by officers of the United States Uniformed Services on commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the oath of enlistment that enlisted members recite when they enter the service. It is statutory (i.e. required by law) and is prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code. One notable difference between the officer and enlisted oaths is that the oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

Last edited:

But Lt. Colonel Lakin is a Uniformed Officer. He took a different oath which was this:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

The President is omitted from this oath. The Oath of Office is a solemn oath taken by officers of the United States Uniformed Services on commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the oath of enlistment that enlisted members recite when they enter the service. It is statutory (i.e. required by law) and is prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code. One notable difference between the officer and enlisted oaths is that the oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

All members of the military are bound to NOT obey illegal orders....now, determine what is an illegal order, please.

While it is true that many Tea Partiers are critical of the policies President Obama promotes and the tone of much of what he says, I don't know of any Tea Party groups who are birthers.

Of course it doesn't help the President when he has a Freudian slip in an interview with George Stephanopolis and refers to his Muslim faith nor did Michelle calm the waters speaking to a Gay and Lesbian group this last week in which she referred to her husband visiting his home country of Kenya.

Or just recently this...

In debate over constitution, minister urges African nation to emulate U.S. inclusion

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

A Kenyan lawmaker told the nation's parliament last month that Barack Obama was born in Africa and is therefore "not even a native American."

During debate over the draft of a new Kenyan constitution, James Orengo, the country's minister of lands and a member of parliament for the Ugenya constituency, cited America's election of a Kenyan-born president as an example of what can be accomplished when diverse peoples unite:

"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation," Orengo posited, "how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the president of America?"

Orengo held up the U.S. as a country no longer "living in the past," since Americans elected a Kenyan-born president without regard to "ethnic consideration and objectives."

I think it's time obama prove where he was born. This debate has gone on long enough, and even the obama ass kissing club knows for a fact that he's hiding his entire past, including some purported birth certificate. Why? It's time to answer that question.

WOW how far some people will go to tear down obama.

Righties say politicians can't be trusted and then they choose to trust and believe a comment made by a FORIEGN politician because it suits their needs to trust this politician.

Righties choose to believe this politician's claim despite the fact that NO proof has been offered to substantiate his claim even as the righties choose to claim obama is not a cititzen because the proof that has been offered is not good enough for them.

Thanks for once again exposing the FACT that righties have ZERO integrity.

Technically, it's not a debate.

Just like 9/11 is not a debate.

Only the wackos think that there is a debate.

Or just recently this...

By Drew Zahn
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Thanks for once again exposing the FACT that righties have ZERO integrity.

Yeah, we should be like lefties.....and found groups like ACORN that steal taxpayer money to fund child prostitution houses. Or better yet, we should be like our savior Barack Obama and vote IN FAVOR of KILLING babies who are OUT OF THE WOMB, in open air, but who happened to have survived a failed abortion. I mean, who does that kid sitting on a towel on the doctors table think he is? That kid was supposed to die in this process, but he fought through and lived!! Now he's out of the womb, wiggling, crying, alive for Gores sake!!! Thankfully, we have men of integrity like Barack Obama that see to it that those surviving babies are finally killed as they were meant to be while inside the womb. Thank goodness for men of integrity like him.

Forum List

Back