Anti-Obama Sentiment grows: Tea Party Movement Spreads To Military

Sedition? I took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not the Government. The two are not mutually inclusive. One is mandated by the other, but can still abuse that of which I took an oath to uphold. Honoring the oath is not treason.

Actaully IF you took the current oath it includes "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." So you swore to support and defend the constitution as well as follow the orders of the president.

But Lt. Colonel Lakin is a Uniformed Officer. He took a different oath which was this:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

The President is omitted from this oath. The Oath of Office is a solemn oath taken by officers of the United States Uniformed Services on commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the oath of enlistment that enlisted members recite when they enter the service. It is statutory (i.e. required by law) and is prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code. One notable difference between the officer and enlisted oaths is that the oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.
Let's all be thankful you aren't a marine...in fact, you're a jackass.

From the US Marine Corp Website:

http://www.marines.com/flash/tradegothicBold20.swfEvery Marine’s first commitment

Marines pledge themselves completely to the Constitution of the United States. From the day they enlist and throughout their service, the oath every Marine takes is a promise and a reminder of their commitment to the defense of our nation.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/flash/ui/oath.swf I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO THE REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

Oath - Marine Corps
The second oath doesn't void the first one. Only a fucking imbecile such as yourself would believe being an officer means you don't have to follow orders from above.

Or just recently this...

I think it's time obama prove where he was born. This debate has gone on long enough, and even the obama ass kissing club knows for a fact that he's hiding his entire past, including some purported birth certificate. Why? It's time to answer that question.

Thanks for once again exposing the FACT that righties have ZERO integrity.

Yeah, we should be like lefties.....and found groups like ACORN that steal taxpayer money to fund child prostitution houses. Or better yet, we should be like our savior Barack Obama and vote IN FAVOR of KILLING babies who are OUT OF THE WOMB, in open air, but who happened to have survived a failed abortion. I mean, who does that kid sitting on a towel on the doctors table think he is? That kid was supposed to die in this process, but he fought through and lived!! Now he's out of the womb, wiggling, crying, alive for Gores sake!!! Thankfully, we have men of integrity like Barack Obama that see to it that those surviving babies are finally killed as they were meant to be while inside the womb. Thank goodness for men of integrity like him.

Nice avoidance. As usual when confronted with their own dishonesty and hypocrisy righties like this one spin and do everything that they can to try and change the subject.

Last edited:
If the righties try this in the military during a time of war, they will either go to the brig or be stood against the wall and shot. They do not get to determine whether an order is lawful or not, they can only act for it or against it. No court-martial is going to find for such an argument, period.

God bless our patriotic members of our military. I am glad members of the military are being strong Constitutionalists. Since this is not a Political Party, it is a MOVEMENT for the constitution of which the military has vowed to defend, I see no reason they should not be entitled to be involved.

sarah-in-fatigues-shaking-hands-with-military.jpg

062309-Palin-full.jpg

Tea Party Movement Spreads To Military | TPMMuckraker

The Tea Party movement has gained a foothold in the armed forces.

A new Tea Party group, Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots, has grown quickly since being launched last month by an active duty Marine Corps sergeant. The group, which vows to "stand up on the very soil we defended to preserve common sense conservatism and defend our Constitution that is threatened by a tyrannical government," currently has over 400 members, who have signed up through its Facebook page, though many are not active duty military. And it has close ties to the broader Tea Party movement.
"People in the military need to be heard," the group's prime organizer, Gary Stein -- a Marine Corps sergeant stationed at Camp Pendleton in southern California -- told TPMmuckraker in an interview. "Our opinions do count."
Many people in the military "feel like they can't speak out against Obama or Congress," said Stein. "The armed forces should have a little bit more say than we think we do," he said.

Stein said he had served in the Marine Corps for seven years, including service in Iraq. He described himself as a "strong conservative" who had found himself disillusioned with the GOP. Stein formed the new group, he said, after finding like-minded cohorts on his base, then co-ordinating with a friend who's active in a local southern California Tea Party chapter.

[snip]
In promoting the Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots, Stein has raised the possibility of disobeying presidential orders. In one recent online posting, he wrote:
My oath was to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. I won't "Just follow" orders. There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But many others do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution and to the people...
That declaration echoes one made by the Oath Keepers, a group of current and former military and law enforcement personnel who havevowed not to follow orders deemed to be unconstitutional -- including any orders to disarm Americans. Stein agreed that the two groups are kindred spirits. "I think we're very like-minded with the Oathkeepers," he said. "I strongly support the Oathkeepers."

Stein's political activism seems to have raised some concern among his superiors. Late last month, he wrote online: "Was just told by a Marine Corps Officer to watch what I say about Obama... I think not..." And later that same day: "I was just told to keep my opinons (sic) to myself about Obama, by my Officer-in-Charge (OIC)."

[snip] This isn't the first time that anti-Obama sentiment has surfaced within the military. Several active duty service members have challenged their orders to deploy overseas, on the grounds that President Obama was not born in the U.S. and his orders are therefore illegitimate.

While it is true that many Tea Partiers are critical of the policies President Obama promotes and the tone of much of what he says, I don't know of any Tea Party groups who are birthers.

Of course it doesn't help the President when he has a Freudian slip in an interview with George Stephanopolis and refers to his Muslim faith nor did Michelle calm the waters speaking to a Gay and Lesbian group this last week in which she referred to her husband visiting his home country of Kenya.

YouTube - Michelle Obama - "My husbands home country, Kenya" - PLEASE MAKE THIS VIDEO GO VIRAL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw]YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"[/ame]

Ok...today is my day to go ballistic. AquaAthena...now you. You're an asshat of the first order posting this shit again.

You can post that video all you want...but if you ACTUALLY WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO...he doesn't "slip and say he's muslim"...you're spinning what he's saying to the point of being a lier.

People like you make debates turn to partisan quackery.

Actaully IF you took the current oath it includes "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." So you swore to support and defend the constitution as well as follow the orders of the president.

But Lt. Colonel Lakin is a Uniformed Officer. He took a different oath which was this:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

The President is omitted from this oath. The Oath of Office is a solemn oath taken by officers of the United States Uniformed Services on commissioning. It differs slightly from that of the oath of enlistment that enlisted members recite when they enter the service. It is statutory (i.e. required by law) and is prescribed by Section 3331, Title 5, United States Code. One notable difference between the officer and enlisted oaths is that the oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders; while enlisted personnel are bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice to obey lawful orders, officers in the service of the United States are bound by this oath to disobey any order that violates the Constitution of the United States.

http://www.marines.com/flash/tradegothicBold20.swfEvery Marine’s first commitment

Marines pledge themselves completely to the Constitution of the United States. From the day they enlist and throughout their service, the oath every Marine takes is a promise and a reminder of their commitment to the defense of our nation.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/flash/ui/oath.swf I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO THE REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

Oath - Marine Corps
The second oath doesn't void the first one. Only a fucking imbecile such as yourself would believe being an officer means you don't have to follow orders from above.
For one thing as your continued predillection for irrelevancy demonstrates, if you had any insight to who I was refering to when I posted you would have known I was focusing on U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Lakin and the Oath a Uniformed Officer takes as I mentioned his name. I was not discussing the Marines. That is all.....Dismissed!!!

Any member of the armed forces can be barred from free speech and assembly by their commanding officer. It comes with the territory

Please cite a source that applies outside of a combat zone or military operation.

Always, while you are in uniform, you are a representative of the U.S. government and subject to the UCMJ. You want to protest, do it in civvies and do not advertise yourself as an active duty member...if you do not, you WILL be disciplined. Period.

These personnel are conversing within the ranks, not recruiting the public. I would like to see the actual code please.

All members of the military are bound to NOT obey illegal orders....now, determine what is an illegal order, please.
One which violates the UCMJ, or would require such a violation.
One which violates the Geneva Convention or would require such a violation.
One from outside your chain of command which contradicts your current lawful orders.

I'm sure someone currently on active duty could provide any other cases as needed. In general, it is pretty clear what orders would be lawful and which are not.

Oath - Marine Corps
For one thing as your continued predillection for irrelevancy demonstrates, if you had any insight to who I was refering to when I posted you would have known I was focusing on U.S. Army Lt. Colonel Lakin and the Oath a Uniformed Officer takes as I mentioned his name. I was not discussing the Marines. That is all.....Dismissed!!!

Who the fuck is Lt Colonel Lakin? Your retarded uncle who served in the Confederate Army on the losing side?

If that's the case, then MAYBE we can believe you.

By the way ya sperm belching sewer slut, from when to when did you serve and with who?

Sarge, you are treading the edges of sedition. When you sign up, you swear to uphold the Constitution and obey all lawful orders. I have yet to see any of the teabaggers that were intelligent enough to know what an unlawful order consisted of.

Sounds to me like the Oathkeepers are simply another group that likes to hide the nature of Treason under a name.

Sedition? I took an oath to uphold the Constitution, not the Government. The two are not mutually inclusive. One is mandated by the other, but can still abuse that of which I took an oath to uphold. Honoring the oath is not treason.

I have a question regarding a soldier upholding the Constitution:

Do soldiers get to decide when something is Constitutional and when something is not Constitutional?

And if a soldier was to consider (for example) the Healthcare bill un-Constitutional, would that be grounds for them to decide not to investigate a cave in Afghanistan?

The way I understand it, a soldier does not have the right to choose what law he will or will not uphold or enforce. He does have the option to make decisions under the military code of conduct and other ethicall requirements for conduct as to whether he will follow orders he suspects violate that code or those requrements and he is expected to disobey orders that he knows do. I think the Oathkeepers, for instance, stick pretty close to those principle. Article 6 of the code states:

(6) I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom,
responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my
country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Oath - Marine Corps

Who the fuck is Lt Colonel Lakin? Your retarded uncle who served in the Confederate Army on the losing side?

By the way ya sperm belching sewer slut, from when to when did you serve and with who?
You must not keep up with the news do you sir? Brief yourself and most importantly educated yourself.

Lt Col Lakin:

Watch this first then follow the links below:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea9JVnck_-E]YouTube - American Patriot Foundation: FTC Terry Lakin Defense Fund[/ame]

American Thinker: President Obama Needs to Prove His Constitutional Eligibility to Be Commander-in-Chief

Army Calls ?Birther? Doc?s Bluff

Press Release April 13 2010: You Have the Right to Remain Silent

'Birther' Lt. Col. Terry Lakin to be court-martialed for refusing order to deploy to Afghanistan

All members of the military are bound to NOT obey illegal orders....now, determine what is an illegal order, please.
One which violates the UCMJ, or would require such a violation.
One which violates the Geneva Convention or would require such a violation.
One from outside your chain of command which contradicts your current lawful orders.

I'm sure someone currently on active duty could provide any other cases as needed. In general, it is pretty clear what orders would be lawful and which are not.

Your answers are much better than mine.

God bless our patriotic members of our military. I am glad members of the military are being strong Constitutionalists. Since this is not a Political Party, it is a MOVEMENT for the constitution of which the military has vowed to defend, I see no reason they should not be entitled to be involved.

sarah-in-fatigues-shaking-hands-with-military.jpg

062309-Palin-full.jpg

Tea Party Movement Spreads To Military | TPMMuckraker

The Tea Party movement has gained a foothold in the armed forces.

A new Tea Party group, Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots, has grown quickly since being launched last month by an active duty Marine Corps sergeant. The group, which vows to "stand up on the very soil we defended to preserve common sense conservatism and defend our Constitution that is threatened by a tyrannical government," currently has over 400 members, who have signed up through its Facebook page, though many are not active duty military. And it has close ties to the broader Tea Party movement.
"People in the military need to be heard," the group's prime organizer, Gary Stein -- a Marine Corps sergeant stationed at Camp Pendleton in southern California -- told TPMmuckraker in an interview. "Our opinions do count."
Many people in the military "feel like they can't speak out against Obama or Congress," said Stein. "The armed forces should have a little bit more say than we think we do," he said.

Stein said he had served in the Marine Corps for seven years, including service in Iraq. He described himself as a "strong conservative" who had found himself disillusioned with the GOP. Stein formed the new group, he said, after finding like-minded cohorts on his base, then co-ordinating with a friend who's active in a local southern California Tea Party chapter.

[snip]
In promoting the Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots, Stein has raised the possibility of disobeying presidential orders. In one recent online posting, he wrote:
My oath was to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. I won't "Just follow" orders. There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But many others do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution and to the people...
That declaration echoes one made by the Oath Keepers, a group of current and former military and law enforcement personnel who havevowed not to follow orders deemed to be unconstitutional -- including any orders to disarm Americans. Stein agreed that the two groups are kindred spirits. "I think we're very like-minded with the Oathkeepers," he said. "I strongly support the Oathkeepers."

Stein's political activism seems to have raised some concern among his superiors. Late last month, he wrote online: "Was just told by a Marine Corps Officer to watch what I say about Obama... I think not..." And later that same day: "I was just told to keep my opinons (sic) to myself about Obama, by my Officer-in-Charge (OIC)."

[snip] This isn't the first time that anti-Obama sentiment has surfaced within the military. Several active duty service members have challenged their orders to deploy overseas, on the grounds that President Obama was not born in the U.S. and his orders are therefore illegitimate.

While it is true that many Tea Partiers are critical of the policies President Obama promotes and the tone of much of what he says, I don't know of any Tea Party groups who are birthers.

Of course it doesn't help the President when he has a Freudian slip in an interview with George Stephanopolis and refers to his Muslim faith nor did Michelle calm the waters speaking to a Gay and Lesbian group this last week in which she referred to her husband visiting his home country of Kenya.

YouTube - Michelle Obama - "My husbands home country, Kenya" - PLEASE MAKE THIS VIDEO GO VIRAL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw]YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"[/ame]

Ok...today is my day to go ballistic. AquaAthena...now you. You're an asshat of the first order posting this shit again.

You can post that video all you want...but if you ACTUALLY WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO...he doesn't "slip and say he's muslim"...you're spinning what he's saying to the point of being a lier.

People like you make debates turn to partisan quackery.

I don't know what you were listening to, but if he didn't refer, inadvertently, to 'his Muslim faith', then why did Stephanopolis correct him and he then corrected himself?

And thank you so much for neg repping me for stating what he stated in that video. How mature of you.

If those groveling at the feet of Obama can't even handle somebody pointing out how these stories get started and escalated, which is what I did, you really are in a world of hurt with the criticisms hold up, huh.

Oath - Marine Corps

Lakin is a whacked out birther who is refusing to orders deploy due to his unfounded belief that the current CIC is not eligible to gve those orders. In my opinion this is the same as desertion and hope the fucker goes to Leavenworth.

On the other hand, who the fuck are you to call a soldiers service into question, squid? US ArmyRetired is as nutty as the day is long, but he has never given me any indication that he didn't serve. Fuck off with your internet tough guy act.

I asked because there have been others (Gunny included) who have stated he's a poser.

You know........Lakin could very well end up being another McVeigh if he's kicked out.........

I asked because there have been others (Gunny included) who have stated he's a poser.

You know........Lakin could very well end up being another McVeigh if he's kicked out.........

Yeah, I don't think he is a poser. Maybe a career supply clerk, but not a poser.

As for Lakin, I hope not. You know, I disagree with the President and my oath was to uphold the Constitution. That Constitution says that the President is the CIC. So if I get orders, I go. Simple as that. Unless the order is unlawful, I follow it.

What is your evidence that highly decorated Lt. Col Lakin wants to bomb people?

Holy fuck, follow a conversation. He said could be. You fucking birthers are nuts.

What is your evidence that highly decorated Lt. Col Lakin wants to bomb people?

Yo..........stuck on stupid...........McVeigh was normal at one time too, but when he saw what happened at Waco, he was ashamed of his government and decided to do something.

This idiot runs the risk of being kicked out of the military and losing POSSIBLY (yeah, that word again), some or all of his retirement if courts martial convicts him

You stated he was a highly decorated veteran who has a career, what could be worse to a military man than that?

I notice you keep avoiding questions about your service by the way.......

Forum List

Back