Another tragic dog mauling

Pit Bulls are bred to be aggressive
Timid Pit Bulls are not bred

An owner may suppress those aggressive instincts but they are still there. A small child or another dog that runs away can trigger an attack

A Pit Bull does not nip
bull shit....as a mailman i ran into many people who had pit bulls who were ok dogs i ran into beagles who were more vicious....

I've had no use for pit bulls since I was attacked by two of them while deer hunting.

I was walking down a old orchard road and something did not feel quite right I looked behind me and on the road about 20 yards behind me were two pits trying to sneak-up on me.

When eye contact was made they both started siding off to my right and after a couple of seconds the larger of the two made a run at me.....I caught that one square in the chest with a .44 Magnum 240gr HP out of a Ruger Deerslayer Carbine.

The other one then made a flanking move and I took that one out with a round just behind the shoulder. One of the best running rifle shots I ever made.....Both were dead by the time they hit the ground.

I guess they had come out of the subdivision that bordered the far side of the orchard.....I must say that it unnerved me there for a little bit.

1srelluc
Wow 🤩
Amazing story
When did this happen
If you had no gun ??
It must have been around the mid-80s or so....I really had no experience as to what a pit even looked like back then. I damn sure do now....I never will forget the look of them stalking me.

My dad was down by the old orchard barn, heard me shoot, and figuring I had a deer down drove-up to help. I told him what happened and showed him the carcasses and he told me what they were.....He was a cop so he was more familiar with the breed.

I figured he would give me shit about it (he hated shooting dogs) but all he said was "all those damn things should be killed" and we loaded them in the back of his PU and tossed them in the garbage dump on the lease.

That experience is one of the reasons I never go unarmed when out in the wild. You just never know.

Forum List

Back