Another tragic dog mauling

Stepdaughters Pit Husky(Pitsky) and our Mini Aussie...
20211225_152702.jpg

Best buddies.

Man killing breed, my ass.

I agree those afraid of them or responsible enough shouldn't own one.
Same applies to guns.

Leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Our girl...

IMG_1222.jpg

She is a working class (original bloodline) GSD, does not have the tell-tale over sloping seen in the show breed.
She is a fantastic dog, but like all GSDs they can be very dangerous if not properly socialized at birth.
The only problem we have is she is dog aggressive, this stems from where we use to live she was attacked twice by moron dog owners who allowed their dogs to run loose.

I don't trust Pit Bull dogs at all. Period
A friend of mine had one that seemed very docile and laid back. Would just lay around the house like any lazy house bound dog and liked to be petted.
One day he and I walked over to the local park and his Pit Bull followed playfully rolling in the grass and chasing butterfly's.
My friend said watch this, and took his hand and shook a tree branch that was about 6 foot high. The dog jumped up, clamped onto the branch with his teeth, and began growling and shaking the branch with his body twisting and turning like a crazed demon from hell.
This went on for several minutes as the Pit Bull wouldn't stop and let go of the tree branch. My friend finally had to physically pry the dogs mouth open to get it to release the branch.
That was the day I realized Pit Bull's are very dangerous animals. Basically, vicious ticking time bombs of ferocity that could go off at any time. Pit Bull's should never be allowed within the city limits of any town or city.

Stepdaughters Pit Husky(Pitsky) and our Mini Aussie...
View attachment 621605
Best buddies.

Man killing breed, my ass.

I agree those afraid of them or responsible enough shouldn't own one.
Same applies to guns.

Leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Those are cute.. Aussies...they herd. Smart.
We have one on our road.. When we drive up the road.. She stalks the our car.. We luv it.. She tries to race us.. She runs from the field like the wind... and never goes into the road.. ever.. its just a chase.
It really is adorable. The rest of the time... she really is babysitting a few horses on a farm. That's her job petro.

I don't trust Pit Bull dogs at all. Period
A friend of mine had one that seemed very docile and laid back. Would just lay around the house like any lazy house bound dog and liked to be petted.
One day he and I walked over to the local park and his Pit Bull followed playfully rolling in the grass and chasing butterfly's.
My friend said watch this, and took his hand and shook a tree branch that was about 6 foot high. The dog jumped up, clamped onto the branch with his teeth, and began growling and shaking the branch with his body twisting and turning like a crazed demon from hell.
This went on for several minutes as the Pit Bull wouldn't stop and let go of the tree branch. My friend finally had to physically pry the dogs mouth open to get it to release the branch.
That was the day I realized Pit Bull's are very dangerous animals. Basically, vicious ticking time bombs of ferocity that could go off at any time. Pit Bull's should never be allowed within the city limits of any town or city.
That's what happens.. their jaws lock! I would rather deal with a Doberman any day.. duh..
We had a get together among friends.. everyone brought their dogs.. We had a 120 wolf hybrid- right down the line.. the dogs were...
Wolf? pitbull?- lab- mini schnauzer- shit shu- chihuahua... now that was an odd experience.. the dogs were working it out among themselves.. We just sat there.. The ONLY dog that had to be watched.. was the pitbull.

I have Miniature Schnauzers now.. tough- built like a brick shit house..- sweet-handsome.. luv the breed. I shrunk my dogs down as I got older. Had a bunch of sweet labs... few German shepard mixes.. but they ate everything. :aargh:

I have had all manner of dogs in my life. And besides working with the Great Pyrenee at the goat business, I worked for about 6 months at a Doggy Daycare and boarding facility that also offered training. I have a gift for canines. The doggy daycare had 2 yards. One for big dogs and one for little ones. The maximum number of dogs in the big dog yard, with only one handler, was 30. I have had as many as 45 and still maintained order and kept it clean.

Another great story about George (I have a LOT of them).

When we fed the dogs we would have to try to keep the goats back. The goats LOVE dry dog food. It isn't good for them, but they will often risk a snarling Pyrenee for a taste.

I once saw George react to a medium sized goat trying to eat his food. By the time I reacted George had the goat's entire face in his mouth. For a split second I thought she was a goner and that I would see the bloody faced goat die. Nope. As the goat backed up rather frantically, I could see George's spit foam all around her face. He didn't hurt her at all. But I doubt she ever tried that again.

One of the older goats, and the herd leader, Primo, would always try to get the dog food. When the dog rushed him, Primo would put his face to the ground leaving his horns pointing towards the dog. We had gotten some pups to train with the older Great Pyrenees, and Dudley was with George. Dudley helped the old dog defend his food. When Primo pulled his defensive move, Dudley grabbed the nearest horn and started shaking it. Primo ran off shaking his head like he could get the cobwebs out. It was hilarious! Primo can be a bit of a pushy asshole.

I'd like to know what kind of sentence the dog owner will get. One way or another, it won't be thorough enough considering the kind of life that the victim now has in front of her.

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly

Pit Bulls are bred to be aggressive
Timid Pit Bulls are not bred

An owner may suppress those aggressive instincts but they are still there. A small child or another dog that runs away can trigger an attack

A Pit Bull does not nip
I have had all manner of dogs in my life. And besides working with the Great Pyrenee at the goat business, I worked for about 6 months at a Doggy Daycare and boarding facility that also offered training. I have a gift for canines. The doggy daycare had 2 yards. One for big dogs and one for little ones. The maximum number of dogs in the big dog yard, with only one handler, was 30. I have had as many as 45 and still maintained order and kept it clean.
I’ve had a lot of dogs but mostly in the herding breeds and mixes, Aussies, BC mixes, German Shepherds and some outliers, a Golden-lab mix and my most complex and sweet girl, an Akita mix. I teach dog training classes and get to work with a variety of dogs including pits. The one’s I’ve met have been fun and goofy. Really nice dogs. But, I’ve also met some at the shelter that I would be very careful of. I think like any popular guard type breed, you well bred dogs and badly bred dogs and then have asshole owners. I adore German Shepherds but I have met more sketchy shepherds than any other breed (except chihuahuas).

Last edited:
Our girl...

View attachment 621603

She is a working class (original bloodline) GSD, does not have the tell-tale over sloping seen in the show breed.
She is a fantastic dog, but like all GSDs they can be very dangerous if not properly socialized at birth.
The only problem we have is she is dog aggressive, this stems from where we use to live she was attacked twice by moron dog owners who allowed their dogs to run loose.
She is drop dead gorgeous :)

I will admit to having known (not in the Biblical sense a leftie might have....) three pit bulls. They were gentle and loving. The only bad trait - and that on the part of just one - was a mistaken believe that a 130-pound canine is a lap animal. Key seems to be that the owners got the dogs as newborns and brought them up right. Pitbulls, unlike liberals, can be trained to be peaceful. For example, have you ever known a pit bull to set fire to a business?

Forum List

Back