Ancient message in Genesis to the world

You are VERY confused. You are PROJECTING your
own ---uhm beowulf and merlin the magician
culture on jews. The Judaism of today is
ENTIRELY rabbinic and talmudic. The writings and
the customs and ethos of THAT TIME (ie circa
70 AD) have survived. Almost universal (male)
literacy did it. I am still-----a levite
ENTIRELY rabbinic and Talmudic, you say. Yea, so did I, but I like your emphasis.

Obviously, writings have survived. Customs? What customs? Animal sacrifices? Priestly ministrations?

Have you had your DNA tested? One of those genealogy sites, maybe? You're still a Levite, eh. Still? Might you have been something different at birth? Are you Ashkenazi? Khazarian? Sephardic? Possibly.

Semitic? That's debatable.

ENTIRELY rabbinic and talmudic, you say. Yea, so did I, but I like your emphasis.

Obviously, writings have survived. Customs? What customs? Animal sacrifices? Priestly ministrations?

Have you had your DNA tested? One of those genealogy sites, maybe? You're still a Levite, eh. Still? Might you have been something different at birth? Are you Ashkenazi? Khazarian? Sephardic? Possibly.

Semitic? That's debatable.
Interesting that you ask-----do you know how it came to be that the "cohen haplotype" was identified?-----it is an interesting story. As to Temple functions----just how and why they were modified---
is well documented. "DOCUMENTED" ---is a function of literacy

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.
the love of money is the root of all evil but the streets of heaven are paved with gold

Interesting that you ask-----do you know how it came to be that the "cohen haplotype" was identified?-----it is an interesting story. As to Temple functions----just how and why they were modified---
is well documented. "DOCUMENTED" ---is a function of literacy
Temple functions have been modified, eh. How so? How are these temple functions modified without a temple?

Do you sacrifice animals on your stoops now? No temple required?

I was referring to Margret Macdonald

I referred to the hysterical BS that has been attributed as an afterthought to the pregnancy
of an adolescent. Long long ago-----I was bored
to death in grammar school. I found a book on
greek mythology on an obscure shelf in what was,
in the spirit of nostalgia, called "the cloak room".
Back then the desks were conveniently structured
so that a book could be held in secret on one's lap

historically-----animal sacrifice was terminated---as
Documented in the Talmud
Temple functions have been modified, eh. How so? How are these temple functions modified without a temple?

Do you sacrifice animals on your stoops now? No temple required?

Not so much a modification, then, as a discontinuation. Like virtually everything else in the OT.
actually a modification-----and a trivial one. Your
comment evinces your very superficial grasp of
Judaism-------the result of a sunday school
"education" ------what crayon did you use to color
the HAIR of Jesus? Do you know anything about
the animal sacrifices of greeks and romans?

actually a modification-----and a trivial one. Your
comment evinces your very superficial grasp of
Judaism-------the result of a sunday school
"education" ------what crayon did you use to color
the HAIR of Jesus? Do you know anything about
the animal sacrifices of greeks and romans?
I have a superficial grasp of modern Judaism. Dear people though they may be (my cousin converted to Judaism and married her Jewish fiancé), they bear very little resemblance to their ancient counterparts. That much I do know.

And believe me, Sweetness, I do not preach a Sunday-School eschatology. Far from it.

Yea, the animal sacrifices of the pagans. They were banned in the third century. Or the fourth, maybe.

I have a superficial grasp of modern Judaism. Dear people though they may be (my cousin converted to Judaism and married her Jewish fiancé), they bear very little resemblance to their ancient counterparts. That much I do know.

And believe me, Sweetness, I do not preach a Sunday-School eschatology. Far from it.

Yea, the animal sacrifices of the pagans. They were banned in the third century. Or the fourth, maybe.
you met jews of the "ancient" past? People no longer eat meat?

No, I did not say that. Although I believe the Christ is with me.

I don't know what this means.
I speak english----the controlled (that means not
the spraying of a gaggle of ducks with buckshot)
killing of an animal for food is actually called
a sacrifice----in english. The CULLING of an over-
abundance of animals is also called "sacrifice"

I speak english----the controlled (that means not
the spraying of a gaggle of ducks with buckshot)
killing of an animal for food is actually called
a sacrifice----in english. The CULLING of an over-
abundance of animals is also called "sacrifice"
An animal sacrifice is the ritual killing of an animal, usually to appease a deity. And not all of the meat is consumed.

If spraying your prey with buckshot is your idea of a temple modification, then is every meat-eater in the world a Jew?

An animal sacrifice is the ritual killing of an animal, usually to appease a deity. And not all of the meat is consumed.

If spraying your prey with buckshot is your idea of a temple modification, then is every meat-eater in the world a Jew?
your definition of the word "sacrifice" is uninformed.
The animals killed in the Temple in Jerusalem were
killed in the manner prescribed by "kosher" rules and
used to feed the LANDLESS priests and levites. They
were not killed to APPEASE anyone. In a sense they were something like charitable donation---like the weird ritual of singing a hymn and Passing the Plate in church on Sunday. (seemed like a ritual to me) British Fox hunts include more ritual than the butchering of animals in the Jerusalem temple

were not killed to APPEASE anyone. In a sense they were something like charitable donation---like the weird ritual of singing a hymn and Passing the Plate in church on Sunday. (seemed like a ritual to me) Briti

sh Fox hunts include more ritual than the butchering of animals in the Jerusalem temple

So they weren't sacrificing to God?

the idea that "god" begat a pregnancy is based on
a hypnagogic hallucination of an adolescent
So........you are an "antichirst"? You are in good company, this doctrine has existed since the days of Jesus and the aposltes. There is nothing "NEW" under the sun, there are many such ideologies on earth........JWs, Islam, etc. There is only one thing New Under Sun as far as Judaism is concerned.............. the fake Israel that was appointed by the U.N. instead of God. A nation without tribal ID, no God appointed king, a government and laws established by man instead of God. A nation that does not obey any type of "Orthadoxial Judaism"..........no annual animal sacrifices to carry over sin from one year to the next......no formal royal priesthood that makes law, law is established by politics.....the vast majority of those claiming to be JEWS have not been to temple since Moses....they are social seculars in search of wealth and power. What did Saul (the most learned scholar of his day in relation to Judaism) state about the law?

"For all who are works of the law (of Moses) are under a curse, FOR IT IS WRITTEN (in the O.T.), "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THE THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LAW, TO DO THEM......." -- Gal. 3:10 Meaning if you adere to just one point of the law you have to accept and do.......ALL THE LAW.

James had this to say, "For whoever keeps the whole law (of Moses) and stumbles in one point........has become guilty of all." -- James 2:10

We all know what happened to the Jews that were "antichrist" in the 1st century beginning in 66 AD. It came about just as Jesus prophesied when the Jewish leaders continued killing the prophets of God and mistreating the actual word of God, Jesus charged them to their face (Matthew 23:1-32) There was a loyal remnant of Jews that was saved from the total destruction of Jerusalem, those that accepted Christ as the Messiah of prophecy.......history enlightens us, given warning by Jesus, not one Christian was killed when Jerusalem fell, they had fled because they had accepted Jesus' word concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. (Matthew 24)

In Luke we find a warning/prophecy by Jesus to the Jewish leaders, "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize her destolation is near (Roman destroyed Jerusalem around 70 AD......fulfilling the warning and propechy.

Again........Modern Judaism is nothing like the faith practiced by Biblical Israel. 1. They are not governed by the Laws of Moses as described in scripture (Ex. 19:5-7, Deut. 30:1-10, Ez. 7:10, Neh. 8:1-18).....Jews are governed by man made laws.

2. Biblical Israel was governed by a King (1 Sam. 8:4-22) Modern Israel is not govenerd by a Monarachy....but rather a political government.

3. Biblical Israel possessed all the lands promised (1 Kings 4:21).......modern Israel possess only a portion of the land of promise.

4. Biblical Israel had a Temple in Jerusalem (1 Kings 8:1-10)........no Temple in modern Israel in Jerusalem.

5. Levitical Priesthood (Numbers 3:6-10) established by Biblical Israel.........where is the royal priesthood in Modern Israel......no platitudes, just demonstrate how Israel today has a royal priesthood to establish doctrine....not how you are a symbolic Levite.

6. Tribal Identities (2 Samuel 5:1-3)........the tribes are no longer known, no one claiming to be Jew can trace their Tribal ID into the present and declare themselves of that tribe....except by platitude. The Jews were scattered all over the world just as Jesus prophesied

Again.....God did not authorize anyone to follow the LAW in an arbitrary fashion as decided by man. If you are guilty of not obeying one law under the Law of Moses, you are guilty of all.

were not killed to APPEASE anyone. In a sense they were something like charitable donation---like the weird ritual of singing a hymn and Passing the Plate in church on Sunday. (seemed like a ritual to me) British Fox hunts include more ritual than the butchering of animals in the Jerusalem temple

In Judaism animal sacrifice seems to be for atonement..

Forum List

Back