Ancient message in Genesis to the world

There were those in the 1st century tha taught there was only "1" resurrection, Paul found it strange that some in Corinth were claiming there was no resurrection at all.....this type of uninspired gossip spread among a few of the early churches. Paul had to tell some Thessalonias not to grieve over those who died in the faith (1 Thess. 4:13-14). "Hymeneus and Philetus" were teaching that the resurrection had already happened, over and done with (2 Tim.2:17-18).

Thankfully......the concept that there will be no other resurrection is a false ideology and is easily proven in scripture to be false. Its true Christ was rescurrected as the First Fruit (the first harvast) of those who have already died (Acts 26:23, Col. 1:18, Rev. 1:5). It was through one man that death came upon all men, entered the world (Adam). It is also true that by one man, Jesus, that life was returned to the dead (John 11:25, Romans 5:12-19).

The resurrections must take place in order........the term is a military term dealing with marching in ranks with order. Christ was the first....THE REST WILL BE RESURRECTED AT THE RETURN OF CHRIST (John 5:28-29, 1 Thess. 4:16, Col. 3:4). Its at this point comes the end........the final judgment.

Jesus will return the Kingdom and the autority given to Him by the Father.....Jesus will return the authority back to God. (Matthew 28:19, 1 Cor. 15:23-24)

All that Jesus ruled over will have been conquered by the time of the "resurrection" and judgment. (Luke 19:27, Col. 1:20, Phil. 2:10-11, 3:21). The very last thing that will be conquered will be death itself (Hosea 13:14, 2 Tim. 1:10, Heb. 2:14, Rev. 20:14). The implication is that Jesus is STILL RULING as we speak............and will be until He returns to judge the quick and the dead.

Isn't that spiritual rather than in the flesh?

the idea that the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD \ marked the END OF JUDAISM is a roman catholic
conceit-----thus the notion that the book of
revulsions is "history" contemporary to that event
Do any DNA-carrying descendants of Shem still roam the earth? Does anyone today claim any of Jacob's DNA? If any Semites or Israelites exist today, they're suspiciously quiet.

The rabbinic and Talmudic Judaism of today is not the Judaism that ended circa AD 70. I'm not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

The age that ended was the age of the temple, of the Law, of the tribes, the priesthood, the elements, etc. And guess what. This narrative didn't begin with the Roman Catholics; it began with the gospels.

where in the NT are ROME AND JESUS "allies"?
In fact the notion of a "roman jesus" is roman
catholic, VERY STRAINED, sophistry
As I recall, your understanding of the NT is quite biased and distorted.

At any rate, in the Parable of the Wedding Feast, Jesus alluded to God’s army of soldiers (Mt 22:7). The Apocalypse dramatizes the exploits of this army, and the Revelator explicitly reminds us of its relation to the Lord (Rv 19:19-20). The Jews made “war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.” Christ's soldiers were Roman soldiers.

But more than that, both history and the New Testament - implicitly and explicitly, respectively - tell us who Christ's adversaries were. Even before the age ended, pagans in Rome began embracing Christ. And in the gospels, Christ told us very clearly who his enemies were.

I asked you a question. Where did your beliefs come from? They appear to be straight out of the Moody Institute.

I don't care what you've asked. Virtually NOBODY teaches that the Resurrection was His second coming. No true Christian anyway. We both know I know about Scripture as written than you do

I don't care what you've asked. Virtually NOBODY teaches that the Resurrection was His second coming. No true Christian anyway. We both know I know about Scripture as written than you do

You know what fundamentalists teach. The Moody institute is based on the vision of a teenager in the 1830s.

You know what fundamentalists teach. The Moody institute is based on the vision of a teenager in the 1830s.

Nobody but you talks about Moody, Schofield and Lindsay and then you only use it to imply that you are a superior being. You have twisted and changed the Scriptures so badly that you have forgotten who Christ really is.

Nobody but you talks about Moody, Schofield and Lindsay and then you only use it to imply that you are a superior being. You have twisted and changed the Scriptures so badly that you have forgotten who Christ really is.

norwegen

I asked you where you learned the Scofield heresy? There's no mention of Jesus in the old testament.. most specifically in Hosea and Isaiah. Jeremiah and Zechariah aren't talking about Jesus either.

JustAGuy1

The messiah of the old testament is an anointed Jewish king like King David.

norwegen

I asked you where you learned the Scofield heresy? There's no mention of Jesus in the old testament.. most specifically in Hosea and Isaiah. Jeremiah and Zechariah aren't talking about Jesus either.

Do you honestly think that you can side track me by posting an off topic reply? Go back to school Margot, will never work with me. Focus. Jut in case you forgot were talking about how the Resurrection was not the second coming. I hope that helps. You do realize that Norwegen's opinion mean nothing to me, right?

Do you honestly think that you can side track me by posting an off topic reply? Go back to school Margot, will never work with me. Focus. Jut in case you forgot were talking about how the Resurrection was not the second coming. I hope that helps. You do realize that Norwegen's opinion mean nothing to me, right?

I know... norwegen is educated.

Where did you learn about the Bible?

JustAGuy1

The messiah of the old testament is an anointed Jewish king like King David.

No wiggle room Surada, it says what it says.

Ist Thesslonians

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Isn't that spiritual rather than in the flesh?
Any "resurrection" in relation to Christianity, save "one"..........Jesus' resurrection are spiritual resurrections, as the flesh goes back to the earth from which it came and the spirit goes back to God from which it came (Eccl. 12:7), to be judged according to Word that has been revealed over a 3500 year period. The Flesh of the Christ, as prophesied will not see corruption, Jesus body was resurrected with spirit intact. (Acts 2:29-31).

The resurrection of Jesus' was a resurrection in both the spirit and the flesh......for one important reason, (there were other examples of the dead physically being resurrected in the scriptures both in the O.T. and N.T., all preformed by the power God has over nature), the resurrection of Jesus was the first resurrection that would defeat DEATH for ALL MEN, by one man sin entered the world (Adam), and death through sin, death spread to all men, by one man (Jesus) a method to defeat death was established..........Grace, through the sacrifical blood of the Son of God.

Before........the only way to defeat death was by Divine decree from God or by following the literal law of God without sin, something only the Son of God has accomplished in all the history of mankind. Through GRACE and the Blood of Christ......."all men" can be saved from Spiritual Death through FAITH, faith in a Spiritual Kingdom, only through faith can one's eternal soul be saved. If at first you don't believe (faith).........you have no hope. You can be baptized until you know every fish in the river by name, you can give all you possess to the poor, you can be the most kind hearted person on earth.........if you have no faith (belief) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, then........eat drink be merry, this life is all you have......... Just like faith is dead without works, works are just as dead without faith. Faith exists as a Spiritual experience, not a physical experience, its something that can only exist within man, the location of the kingdom of God (Luke 17:20-22)

Its explained what one should fear........its not ambiguous whatsoever. All men DIE and the flesh goes back to the earth from which it came. You should fear Him that can kill your eternal spirit and soul.

Last edited:
Do any DNA-carrying descendants of Shem still roam the earth? Does anyone today claim any of Jacob's DNA? If any Semites or Israelites exist today, they're suspiciously quiet.

The rabbinic and Talmudic Judaism of today is not the Judaism that ended circa AD 70. I'm not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

The age that ended was the age of the temple, of the Law, of the tribes, the priesthood, the elements, etc. And guess what. This narrative didn't begin with the Roman Catholics; it began with the gospels.
You are VERY confused. You are PROJECTING your
own ---uhm beowulf and merlin the magician
culture on jews. The Judaism of today is
ENTIRELY rabbinic and talmudic. The writings and
the customs and ethos of THAT TIME (ie circa
70 AD) have survived. Almost universal (male)
literacy did it. I am still-----a levite

the idea that "god" begat a pregnancy is based on
a hypnagogic hallucination of an adolescent

Forum List

Back