Anarchists and libertarians - Please click here

Are you an Anarchist or political Libertarian?

• Total voters

Brian Blackwell

Mar 10, 2018
Hi everybody. I'm just trying to get a sense for how many people here are truly freedom-minded. Please vote to indicate your position, and feel free to elaborate, or bring up anything you'd like (or just vent your inevitable frustrations) in this thread! Thanks so much!

*note that I've made a distinction between full-on anarchists/voluntaryists, Libertarian party supporters, and other libertarians who condone some form of minimal government.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Im all about freedom and individual liberty but i dont consider myself either of those

Interesting. How would you define your position (either by name, or description)?
I support pro liberty and freedom policies.
I support the federal govts power that was given to them by our Constitution. Nothing more.

So your objection to the vote in this thread is that I've indicated the Libertarian party, which you do not believe reflect your constitutional libertarian views?

EDIT: I've added another poll choice, as my intent includes those who share your position.

I once thought I was libertarian. Then I went to a few meetings of the libertarians and thought they all sounded like goddamn morons. So, I figured it wasn't really rational to think that I was doing it correctly, and all of them were doing it wrong... so I decided I was not a libertarian, and that libertarianism is fucking dumb.

I tried, at least. :dunno:

Hi everybody. I'm just trying to get a sense for how many people here are truly freedom-minded. Please vote to indicate your position, and feel free to elaborate, or bring up anything you'd like (or just vent your inevitable frustrations) in this thread! Thanks so much!

*note that I've made a distinction between full-on anarchists/voluntaryists, Libertarian party supporters, and other libertarians who condone some form of minimal government.
I am a libertarian/conservative. If you want to do something to yourself , more power to you, just make sure it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. If you want to do drugs, go for it, don't come to me later demanding I need to provide for your addiction. If you want to poke another mans ass, with your penis, that is your choice, don't tell me I have to accept you as normal, just keep it to yourself. If you want to be a victim of liberalism and remain poor, that is your fault, so don't DEMAND the government to punish me for my success. The government is supposed to be there, to protect US citizens from other people who want to do bad things to US. That is their role, not to be nannies of the state and supply morons with stuff that keeps them alive.

I once thought I was libertarian. Then I went to a few meetings of the libertarians and thought they all sounded like goddamn morons. So, I figured it wasn't really rational to think that I was doing it correctly, and all of them were doing it wrong... so I decided I was not a libertarian, and that libertarianism is fucking dumb.

So where are you on the spectrum now?

Im all about freedom and individual liberty but i dont consider myself either of those

Yes, i noticed his poll used the "Big L" libertarian as a choice, not "small l"

Do you deem this appropriate? I'm talking about people who only condone the most minimal form of government.

To me "big L" libertarians and anarchists are the same thing.

Ah ok, I was trying to indicate the Libertarian party.

Interesting. How would you define your position (either by name, or description)?
I support the federal govts power that was given to them by our Constitution. Nothing more.

I consider myself a strict constructional federalist with libertarian leanings.
Describes my view also.

So where are you on the spectrum now?
I would fall left of center, but not by a whole lot. I do like classical liberalism (supposedly the foundation of libertarianism, no?), but I do think it is correct to petition our government to ensure not just the simple individual rights of existence and possession, but also of quality of life. I do think we should have publicly funded education, healthcare, and elections. I think our espousal of capitalism generates more than enough wealth to accomplish these things that I feel are the very basics of human existence. I believe every human has a right to the basics of food shelter, and healthcare, and education.

So, call me a libertarian that doesn't hate government, but also does not "trust" government any more than I trust the people who invent and reinvent it every day. I believe in the rule of law, and I do not believe in thought crimes. I think suppression of terrible opinions neuters our society and removes our tools for meeting bad ideas head on with better ideas.

So, you tell me... what am I?

So your objection to the vote in this thread is that I've indicated the Libertarian party, which you do not believe reflect your constitutional libertarian views?

EDIT: I've added another poll choice, as my intent includes those who share your position.
I've no objection. I voted for Johnson Weld in 16, and I'd vote L in the poll, but as I understood it, Johnson Weld faced some puchback from libertarians on things such as no discrimination on GLBT, and possibly govt spending on infrastructure.
Gary Johnson on 11 key issues: Where does Libertarian presidential candidate stand?

However, I'd classify myself as a socially non-interventionist, fiscal conservative and following the Reagan doctrine on using the military.

Forum List

Back