American left: ANTIFA Is Not Your Friend

lead_960.jpg

The Rise of the Violent Left

Antifa’s activists say they’re battling burgeoning authoritarianism on the American right. Are they fueling it instead?
Since 1907, portland, oregon, has hosted an annual Rose Festival. Since 2007, the festival had included a parade down 82nd Avenue. Since 2013, the Republican Party of Multnomah County, which includes Portland, had taken part. This April, all of that changed.

In the days leading up to the planned parade, a group called the Direct Action Alliance declared, “Fascists plan to march through the streets,” and warned, “Nazis will not march through Portland unopposed.” The alliance said it didn’t object to the Multnomah GOP itself, but to “fascists” who planned to infiltrate its ranks. Yet it also denounced marchers with “Trump flags” and “red maga hats” who could “normalize support for an orange man who bragged about sexually harassing women and who is waging a war of hate, racism and prejudice.” A second group, Oregon Students Empowered, created a Facebook page called “Shut down fascism! No nazis in Portland!”

Next, the parade’s organizers received an anonymous email warning that if “Trump supporters” and others who promote “hateful rhetoric” marched, “we will have two hundred or more people rush into the parade … and drag and push those people out.” When Portland police said they lacked the resources to provide adequate security, the organizers canceled the parade. It was a sign of things to come.

The violence is not directed only at avowed racists like Spencer: In June of last year, demonstrators—at least some of whom were associated with antifa—punched and threw eggs at people exiting a Trump rally in San Jose, California. An article in It’s Going Down celebrated the “righteous beatings.”

06c49cbed.jpg

An antifascist demonstrator burns a Blue Lives Matter flag during a protest in Portland, Oregon, in June.

A similar cycle has played out at UC Berkeley. In February, masked antifascists broke store windows and hurled Molotov cocktails and rocks at police during a rally against the planned speech by Yiannopoulos. After the university canceled the speech out of what it called “concern for public safety,” white nationalists announced a “March on Berkeley” in support of “free speech.” At that rally, a 41-year-old man named Kyle Chapman, who was wearing a baseball helmet, ski goggles, shin guards, and a mask, smashed an antifa activist over the head with a wooden post. Suddenly, Trump supporters had a viral video of their own. A far-right crowdfunding site soon raised more than $80,000 for Chapman’s legal defense. (In January, the same site had offered a substantial reward for the identity of the antifascist who had punched Spencer.) A politicized fight culture is emerging, fueled by cheerleaders on both sides. As James Anderson, an editor at It’s Going Down, told Vice, “This shit is fun.”

The Rise of the Violent Left
Your argument can best be summed up this way...

"Sure, the cancer was aggressive. But the chemotherapy was also very aggressive. There was aggression on both sides.” —Elan Gale
Alt-left news forgive me but rrrrrooollllllmmmaaaaaaoooooooo...

Right wing propaganda. Creating a fake boogeyman.

Hey, dipshit, antifa is real and they are violent. Or did CNN tell you that the group, that happens to look like ISIS members, are just a figment of your imagination?

Yeesh. That you can get that from my post tells me one thing, you are a sorry leftwing twit. Typical. I tell you that the klan and neonazis are idiots and that we have been laughing at their idiocy for 50 years and you tell me I'm defending them.
That's right. The fact that you equate ANTIFA with violence and think of the klan and neo-nazis as something you'd see at the Comedy Store, proves you are defending them by tacitly condoning their violence. So all we do is laugh at them?

Looking back over the last 50 years, did we laugh before or after the klan burnt a cross in our front yard or lynched a colored from the nearest tree? How about the neo-nazis? Did we laugh before or after they murdered 6 million Jews? Yet you claim ANTIFA are the violent ones. I guess you didn't see the white supremacists throwing bottles in Charleston? They weren't hard to miss. They were the assholes wearing body armor and walking around with automatic weapons.

Now follow that up with the rest of the left wing buzzwords. Let me guess, right now you're jumping up and down in your living room (OK probably your parents basement) screaming "fuck you, racism, patriarchy,sexism, fascism"...
"...sexism..."?

and you're wearing a ninja turtle outfit feeling really confident, to the point you might actually ask a girl out on a date.
Does she look like Megan Fox?

Dreaming of being a tough guy like your antifa(ninja turtles) heros and pepper spraying a 70 year old woman in the face and then running away.
You saw that?

Yeesh. That you can get that from my post tells me one thing, you are a sorry leftwing twit. Typical. I tell you that the klan and neonazis are idiots and that we have been laughing at their idiocy for 50 years and you tell me I'm defending them.
That's right. The fact that you equate ANTIFA with violence and think of the klan and neo-nazis as something you'd see at the Comedy Store, proves you are defending them by tacitly condoning their violence. So all we do is laugh at them?

Looking back over the last 50 years, did we laugh before or after the klan burnt a cross in our front yard or lynched a colored from the nearest tree? How about the neo-nazis? Did we laugh before or after they murdered 6 million Jews? Yet you claim ANTIFA are the violent ones. I guess you didn't see the white supremacists throwing bottles in Charleston? They weren't hard to miss. They were the assholes wearing body armor and walking around with automatic weapons.

Now follow that up with the rest of the left wing buzzwords. Let me guess, right now you're jumping up and down in your living room (OK probably your parents basement) screaming "fuck you, racism, patriarchy,sexism, fascism"...
"...sexism..."?

and you're wearing a ninja turtle outfit feeling really confident, to the point you might actually ask a girl out on a date.

Dreaming of being a tough guy like your antifa(ninja turtles) heros and pepper spraying a 70 year old woman in the face and then running away.
You saw that?

antifa8.jpg

Antifa is a violent Marxist terrorist organization you stupid lying faggot and you can join them in the gas chamber you collaborating scum.

Would not call persons using the tag ANTIFA a organized group with a member ship, a set of rules or goals, just small groups of angry mostly young people lashing out at what they see as an unfair system. its starting to look like the 60s again.

"...sexism..."?

You saw that?
I don't have to equate antifa with violence, I can watch it, I've been watching it for many months.

As far as the historical barbarism of the KKK and nazis, that's well documented and these ideologies have been soundly discredited and driven into fringe groups. In 1980 the kkk's membership was estimated at 5000. In 2016 it was estimated at 5000-8000. what's the freak out about? No rational human being could consider them a serious threat today. A bunch of brain dead children running around attacking anyone that dares think differently than they do and demanding an end to free speech is a threat to those of us that see mao as dangerous as hiltler.

Forum List

Back