America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was refuted in the first two posts of this thread.

Who says it’s refuted? You? That’s hilarious.

Responds to my posts on substance if you can

Here is the problem with your dumbassery:

There exists about a dozen or so long posts on this thread where I establish my case. You didn't read the thread, much less those dozen or so long posts proving my case. And I'm not repeating the points. At one point, when I saw that those of you who are so insecure were going to try and cover up relevant issues with utter bullshit, I began listing all my relevant posts in each of my major posts.

I don't list this kind of response because what happens between the major posts. FWIW - because you are lazy, stupid, illiterate, and / or dishonest (whichever you are), I'm going to lead you, like a child to the issues and the responses. Here are the posts so far:

1, 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109, 153, 198 and there might be another between 198 and this exchange. It won't take a Harvard degree to scroll through the posts and see.

Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

The First Charter of Virginia of 1606 stated:

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

I think that it would be appropriate to point out that this nation, which you claim to be founded as a Christian nation, was also founded as a slave nation. That pretty much negates any positive Christian values that were involved during the founding.

Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

I think that it would be appropriate to point out that this nation, which you claim to be founded as a Christian nation, was also founded as a slave nation. That pretty much negates any positive Christian values that were involved during the founding.
the early origins of the abolition movement started in Christian churches .
Some

Other Christians defended slavery and quoted parts of the Bible about slaves loyally serving their masters

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 153, and 198

With those above postings I have now generated 200 responses and not a single refutation of any of them. The atheists and non-believers try to put a lot of space between my relevant posts so as to have their say without responding to the substantive parts of what I've said. There was a LOT more I wanted to prove in regards to this subject, but since the atheists and non-believers refuse to mount a credible defense, one must conclude they are too scared to have any kind of civil discourse.

Instead of creating more mountains of evidence that they cannot overcome, I'm going to start reposting what I've already said. That way, when people access this thread and they don't READ it, they will stumble over a relevant post sooner or later.

The greatest evidence I can give to prove my point came when I debated this subject elsewhere. An atheist showed his / her abject ignorance when the argument was made against my position based upon the Treaty of Tripoli. In that treaty, the author tried to draw a distinction between a country that mandates religion versus a country and these words were proposed in that treaty:

"Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims)..."

Well now, that makes it pretty much official. It would seem indisputable. However, the story does not end there.

Professor of History at Purdue University, said the assurances in Article 11 were "intended to allay the fears of the Muslim state by insisting that religion would not govern how the treaty was interpreted and enforced. John Adams and the Senate made clear that the pact was between two sovereign states, not between two religious powers."

The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America

Secretary of War James McHenry, claimed that he protested the language of Article 11 before its ratification. He wrote to Secretary of the Treasury Oliver Wolcott Jr., September 26, 1800: "The Senate, my good friend, and I said so at the time, ought never to have ratified the treaty alluded to, with the declaration that 'the government of the United States, is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.' What else is it founded on? This act always appeared to me like trampling upon the cross. I do not recollect that Barlow was even reprimanded for this outrage upon the government and religion."

My further research shows:

"As even a casual examination of the annotated translation of 1930 shows, the Barlow translation is at best a poor attempt at a paraphrase or summary of the sense of the Arabic; and even as such its defects throughout are obvious and glaring. Most extraordinary (and wholly unexplained) is the fact that Article 11 of the Barlow translation, with its famous phrase, "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion," does not exist at all."

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty with Tripoli 1796 : Hunter Miller's Notes The Avalon

Project at Yale Law School. Retrieved 2007-05-08.

I have a concluding statement to make regarding all of my previous posts to summarize what it means when we say that America was founded as a Christian nation.

Last edited:
My position has yet to be refuted.

Is your position that America's was founded to have an established Christian religion?

NO
America has religious Liberty. You cannot censor it. You cannot require people to join it. You cannot deny people the Right to exercise it. It is Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.

Well then you must agree that the title of this thread is not true and misleading?

America is not and was not a Christian nation.

There exists about a dozen or so long posts on this thread where I establish my case. You didn't read the thread, much less those dozen or so long posts proving my case. And I'm not repeating the points. At one point, when I saw that those of you who are so insecure were going to try and cover up relevant issues with utter bullshit, I began listing all my relevant posts in each of my major posts.

I don't list this kind of response because what happens between the major posts. FWIW - because you are lazy, stupid, illiterate, and / or dishonest (whichever you are), I'm going to lead you, like a child to the issues and the responses. Here are the posts so far:

1, 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109, 153, 198 and there might be another between 198 and this exchange. It won't take a Harvard degree to scroll through the posts and see.

I’ve read your crap. It’s mostly trying to prove that America has had a predominantly Christian population from the early days of settlers arriving from Europe.

None of that has any bearing toward validating the title of this thread as written.

I’m not disputing in any way that Christians made up the majority of the population.

if you can contradict anything I write in my posts feel free to select a point and refute it.

We don’t need to read pages to provide about the history of Christianity in North America.

Stick to the point. Plenty have been made and you have not won any of them.

. The atheists and non-believers try to put a lot of space between my relevant posts so as to have their say without responding to the substantive parts of what I've said.

What about me. I agree with Jefferson’s views on Christianity and you told me Jefferson is a Christian. That makes me a believer. I’m not an atheist or non-believe but I disagree with your sales pitch that America was founded as a Christian Nation. It wasn’t and you have proven nothing to convince anybody who is not selling that scam that it was.

Some

Other Christians defended slavery and quoted parts of the Bible about slaves loyally serving their masters

I have questioned the motives of the critics of this thread. When confronted with facts they cannot refute, they make bogus arguments much like what you've been doing.

Jumping into a discussion and trying to insinuate lies that were already refuted to be the truth and only truth was a damn stupid approach. What you are now saying narrows down your real problem. You are in a discussion that is over your head.

There are NO moral implications regarding slavery. For the left, the atheists, non-believers, or anyone else to keep arguing over slavery is dishonest, disingenuous, and complete idiocy that you'd have to have an IQ less than your shoe size to accept.

"rightwinger," You can put a little bit of lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. NOBODY on this board, including you, has a problem with slavery. The only problem is how we dress it up. Right or left; conservative or liberal; Democrat or Republican, EVERYBODY supports slavery. It is biblical and it is normal. I'd like to give you a few examples.

Thomas Jefferson once said, " Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." Yet, knowing that, the Republicans illegally ratified the 16th Amendment and today everybody is comfortable with the income tax. The income tax is a plank out of the Communist Manifesto and nothing, from an economics point of view is more indicative of slavery than communism. Nobody in this country respects the tax resister.

The Declaration of Independence lists Liberty is an unalienable Right. Yet it is the "right wing" that pushes the notion that one must become a citizen in order to work in the United States. Of course, those advocating are getting their wish and will soon be pushed into oblivion as the left increases in numbers. Yet, to deny people an unalienable Right is slavery.

The Democrats and leftists want to force those who produce to pay for those who do not produce. Putting your hand in my pocket to take money to give to someone I don't want to pay for is robbery. And our example here is simple:

The state of California wants to have sanctuary cities to protect the undocumented foreigners in their state. I'm okay with that. It's legal. But, the state wants the federal government to help fund the undocumented foreigners it invited. Forcing a man in Georgia to pay for the guests in California that they invited is a form of economic slavery. That is the same principle with Obamacare and socialized medicine.

The Democrats and atheists (most of which vote for Democrats) wail about slavery, but the Democrats were the ones who perpetuated slavery in this country. The hue of the skin has changed since democracy is all about majority rule. They just put a little lipstick on that pig and keep making emotion laden buzz word arguments to stay in control. Soooo,... when both sides of the political spectrum are comfortable with their forms of slavery, they are absolute hypocrites to use it as an issue ESPECIALLY when it does not even apply.

AMERICA IS WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 and 153

There is no way to answer each and every critic - one critic had ten posts in ONE thread for me to respond to within an hour. Therefore, I won't repeat myself. I have stated certain FACTS in the posts above. To this point they are not being dealt with. Critics simply keep asking the same questions over and over and they've been answered already. Anything I'm missing I will come back and add to the mountains of evidence already presented.

Christianity is a part of our culture and heritage. Every couple of years you have non-Christian religions and non-believers wanting to change our heritage; our national identity; our culture.

The New England Primer was the first principal textbook used for educating the children of the colonists beginning in 1688.

The New-England Primer | textbook

That book would remain the principal textbook for well over 150 years. Now, let us fix a timeline here:

In 1802, Thomas Jefferson wrote his controversial "separation of church and state" letter (that means exactly 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists and non-believers claim.)

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

The New England Primer was a Christian based textbook and you can see it here:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-New-England-Primer.pdf

So, here is the context:

Children were receiving a Christian education before Thomas Jefferson wrote his letter to the Danbury Baptists. It was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the "separation of church and state" letter. For that matter, it was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence! AND, it remained the textbook of choice for over 37 years after Jefferson penned that letter.

I noticed the usual arguments about this didn't surface and maybe those who are real political propagandists don't want to go down this obvious road, but Jefferson's letter was actually a promise that the federal government would never interfere with education which was considered a social duty.

The federal government has no legitimate / constitutional business in education. BTW, The New England Primer remained in the classrooms of America beyond the death of Thomas Jefferson and more than 40 years after the ratification of the United States Constitution. The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

The declaration of Independence lists 27 reasons that the founders gave to the world as reason that they established a new nation. Guess how many of them had to do with Christianity.

None.

WRONG. It's obvious you haven't read the Declaration of Independence. AGAIN - Asked and answered.

Nope. I read all 27 reasons in the declaration of Independence. Christianity, in fact, religion, too, is not mentioned in any of them.

Nature’s God – Founding.com

See there. You are wrong.

I don't know why you are having trouble grasping this. The declaration specifically gives 27 reasons why they were establishing a new nation. Most of them was about British tyranny. NONE of them mention Christianity. That is not to say that god is not mentioned in the document. However, Christianity is NOT given as a reason for the establishment of a new nation. For crying out loud, read it.

Some

The Southern Baptist church was established specifically to maintain segregation in church.

My position has yet to be refuted.

Is your position that America's was founded to have an established Christian religion?

NO
America has religious Liberty. You cannot censor it. You cannot require people to join it. You cannot deny people the Right to exercise it. It is Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.

Well then you must agree that the title of this thread is not true and misleading?

America is not and was not a Christian nation.

I’ve read your crap. It’s mostly trying to prove that America has had a predominantly Christian population from the early days of settlers arriving from Europe.

None of that has any bearing toward validating the title of this thread as written.

I’m not disputing in any way that Christians made up the majority of the population.

if you can contradict anything I write in my posts feel free to select a point and refute it.

We don’t need to read pages to provide about the history of Christianity in North America.

Stick to the point. Plenty have been made and you have not won any of them.

America was founded as a Christian nation. I don't have to refute any of your posts. They've already been refuted. I don't need your validation. Your input is not necessary. If you cannot refute what was posted in the major posts, that is on you.

You have not proven anything; you've been quite flippant and dishonest. All you do is to try and put distance between those relevant posts so that others won't see them... but, the only people who won't read the thread are the ones who want to deny the truth of the title of this thread.

When this country made it a requirement to be a Christian in order to hold elective office; when children were taught from Christian books and when the Constitution acknowledges our Lord, you had a Christian nation. Period. End of story. Having a Christian nation does not include having a theocracy and / or religion being forced down your throat (as Christians support religious Liberty), that pisses you off only because you think half wits like you should run this country. And when you do, the results are predictably disastrous.

I'm sure you won't mind if I start ignoring you - UNLESS you want to discuss the topic based upon the points already made. You're a troll and I don't answer to you. Never have - never will. Take your pompous arrogance some place else.

AMERICA IS WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This is a continuation of posts 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 and 153

There is no way to answer each and every critic - one critic had ten posts in ONE thread for me to respond to within an hour. Therefore, I won't repeat myself. I have stated certain FACTS in the posts above. To this point they are not being dealt with. Critics simply keep asking the same questions over and over and they've been answered already. Anything I'm missing I will come back and add to the mountains of evidence already presented.

Christianity is a part of our culture and heritage. Every couple of years you have non-Christian religions and non-believers wanting to change our heritage; our national identity; our culture.

The New England Primer was the first principal textbook used for educating the children of the colonists beginning in 1688.

The New-England Primer | textbook

That book would remain the principal textbook for well over 150 years. Now, let us fix a timeline here:

In 1802, Thomas Jefferson wrote his controversial "separation of church and state" letter (that means exactly 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists and non-believers claim.)

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

The New England Primer was a Christian based textbook and you can see it here:

https://thefederalistpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-New-England-Primer.pdf

So, here is the context:

Children were receiving a Christian education before Thomas Jefferson wrote his letter to the Danbury Baptists. It was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the "separation of church and state" letter. For that matter, it was the principal textbook being used when Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence! AND, it remained the textbook of choice for over 37 years after Jefferson penned that letter.

I noticed the usual arguments about this didn't surface and maybe those who are real political propagandists don't want to go down this obvious road, but Jefferson's letter was actually a promise that the federal government would never interfere with education which was considered a social duty.

The federal government has no legitimate / constitutional business in education. BTW, The New England Primer remained in the classrooms of America beyond the death of Thomas Jefferson and more than 40 years after the ratification of the United States Constitution. The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

The declaration of Independence lists 27 reasons that the founders gave to the world as reason that they established a new nation. Guess how many of them had to do with Christianity.

None.

WRONG. It's obvious you haven't read the Declaration of Independence. AGAIN - Asked and answered.

Nope. I read all 27 reasons in the declaration of Independence. Christianity, in fact, religion, too, is not mentioned in any of them.

Nature’s God – Founding.com

See there. You are wrong.

I don't know why you are having trouble grasping this. The declaration specifically gives 27 reasons why they were establishing a new nation. Most of them was about British tyranny. NONE of them mention Christianity. That is not to say that god is not mentioned in the document. However, Christianity is NOT given as a reason for the establishment of a new nation. For crying out loud, read it.

You were proven wrong. If you cannot accept that, you're an idiot. You can't change facts to suit your agenda.

Four Times the Declaration of Independence Mentions God, and Why It Matters

You've said what you want to say; I've responded. Why don't you now remain silent and allow others to decide for themselves... or are you really that insecure?

. The atheists and non-believers try to put a lot of space between my relevant posts so as to have their say without responding to the substantive parts of what I've said.

What about me. I agree with Jefferson’s views on Christianity and you told me Jefferson is a Christian. That makes me a believer. I’m not an atheist or non-believe but I disagree with your sales pitch that America was founded as a Christian Nation. It wasn’t and you have proven nothing to convince anybody who is not selling that scam that it was.

You continue to delude yourself into thinking Jefferson was the only founder; that his word is the Word of God; that what Jefferson is or is not changes the balance of this discussion. It does not. Neither have you addressed the points I made in the relevant posts.

The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

Your argument has deteriorated to the point that you Insists that the minority of children in those classrooms that were not raised as Christians or were not brainwashed into becoming Christians must suffer the stigma of being told everyday by the best educated and best religious people like you that they live in a Christian Nation.

You are not only obsessed with your religion, you are a bigot, and you are cruel.

I’m with the founders like Jefferson who believed religion was a matter between an individual and his god.

i don’t think those text books harmed kids specifically in the early Growth of the nation but they became obsolete and a problem when it became obvious that forcing any Religious propaganda into textbooks of compulsory schooling does not live up to the spirit of our founding.

You appear to be siding with the tyranny of the majority being right when it’s about your professed religion.

Last edited:
You continue to delude yourself into thinking Jefferson was the only founder; that his word is the Word of God;

I don’t think Jefferson was the only founder. there are many others as well. My favorite non- Christian contributors to the cause are Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine.

But I don’t need more than Jefferson to make my point. The new Republic protected free thinkers and non Christian religions alike from a tyranny of the majority and obsessed Christians like you.

Jefferson and Madison and even the Baptist’s to their credit stood tall on the separation of Church and state.

why did you lie that I think Jefferson was the only founder.

and why did you lie that I think Jefferson’s word is the word of God.

You are getting desperate. That did not take long.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This the EPILOGUE of the relevant posts # 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 153, and 198 and 223:

America was founded as a Christian nation. To the atheists, non-believers, trolls, and dishonest people criticizing this, NONE of them had the courage to cite any fact presented and challenge it. They refused to even READ the relevant posts, so they live in their own little world.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants."

America was founded as a Christian nation. Does that mean it was founded as a theocracy? No. Does it mean it was required to be a Christian to be here? No. Do you have to believe in Christianity? No. So, what does it mean?

America was founded on the twin pillars of race and religion. Whites founded the country. Founded it means that they established the form of government and wrote the rules when it began. The country was founded on Christianity. That means that our sense of right and wrong; good and bad were predicated upon biblical precepts.

Only Christians could hold elective office. Children were taught from Christian books. Our laws were consistent with the same standards of right and wrong as in the Bible. Even small things were consistent with the Bible. Our system of a just weights and measurements is consistent with the Bible. We have twelve people on a jury in commemoration of the Lord's supper. Our understanding of Liberty was consistent with the biblical definition.

Despite all the facts presented, the best the critics can do is that "separation of church and state" thing that appeared in a letter to the Danbury Baptists and it means 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists claim (went into depth on that one in one of my relevant posts on this thread.)

About six months after the ratification of the United States Constitution, Congress fulfilled their duty to pass an uniform Rule of Naturalization. They specified that only whites could be citizens. MILLIONS of non-whites came here anyway. They took advantage of opportunities willingly offered. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, EXAMPLE OF OUR LAW TRYING TO CHANGE THOSE PEOPLE INTO CAUCASIANS. Likewise, we do not try and convert people to Christianity. Believe, don't believe... it's up to you.

When people come to America, if they are judged in our courts, it will be according to our culture. And our sense of right and wrong is based on the Bible. If we attempted to interpret our laws to be consistent with Sharia Law, atheism, Hinduism, humanism, Christianity, etc. it would be a giant (excuse the bluntness) one big clusterphuck. Ultimately man is ruled by God or by tyrants.

Those who hate Christianity wanted to take down Nativity scenes, remove the Ten Commandments from public display, and get rid of crosses,and eliminate the Pledge of Allegiance. Why? It was a reflection of who we are and those who waged that war, at all other times, claim to be about democracy - aka majority rule.

Those who hate Christianity have gone out of their way to maintain a lie. They tell us there is a wall of separation between church and state. But, if the Christian does not bow down to majoritarians, they can expect their church to be padlocked; their tax exempt status revoked. Yet our society is supposed to be tolerant of the atheist, the Muslim and anyone else with an ax to grind. The Muslim can wear their headgear in public; the Christian cannot wear their cross. Respecting the Muslim shows our tolerance and commitment to Religious Freedom while any displays of Christianity violates the separation of church and state.

The objective of the atheist and other non-believer is that they want control. Secular humanism is our unofficial state religion now and its implementation has been disastrous for this country. In 1947 the United States Supreme Court created that "separation of church and state out of thin air in the case of Everson v. Board of Education. I know of one source that measured the impact that decision on our country's culture:

The Supreme Court's Decisions on the Separation of Church and State Are Flawed | Encyclopedia.com
Due to the trolls - the Disclaimer - My views do not reflect all the positions taken by this one man. On the issue in question, he has researched a sufficient number of facts.

I'd like to say a lot more here, but over the last 75 years, the atheists and other non-believers have hijacked the Republic and we are not a Christian nation, but a reflection of what atheists, humanists and other non-Christians have instituted. We consume over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply; we have more people in prison than any nation on this planet - both in raw numbers and per capita. More of our children are diagnosed with phony emotional and psychological disorders than any other country (and IF such a disparate number of those conditions exist, it is attributable to the humanist / secularist control the atheists lobbied for - otherwise the rise would be world wide) Murder, rape, incest, pedophilia, burglary, infanticide, robbery, genocide, and other crimes and outrages have soared out of control since Christians acquiesced to the demands of these people.

There is much more I wanted to say, but if you read the relevant posts, you already know what is wrong in America and why our culture was founded on Christian precepts. The atheists don't want to discuss it; they only want control, but on this thread I am not giving it to them. So, I will only repeat the relevant posts each day. Thank you and God bless.

The big issue is, you cannot turn out a majority of secularist children when they are being taught out of Christian based books. Yep... America was founded as a Christian nation.... just not as a theocracy.

Your argument has deteriorated to the point that you Insists that the minority of children in those classrooms that were not raised as Christians or were not brainwashed into becoming Christians must suffer the stigma of being told everyday by the best educated and best religious people like you that they live in a Christian Nation.

You are not only obsessed with your religion, you are a bigot, and you are cruel.

I’m with the founders like Jefferson who believed religion was a matter between an individual and his god.

i don’t think those text books harmed kids specifically in the early Growth of the nation but they became obsolete and a problem when it became obvious that forcing any Religious propaganda into textbooks of compulsory schooling does not live up to the spirit of our founding.

You appear to be siding with the tyranny of the majority being right when it’s about your professed religion.

LMAO. That is the most desperate post I have EVER witnessed. Thank you for the laugh of the week. Without a single citation to back your claim, you say a "minority of children" are all that were taught from the New England Primer. What do my links prove?

"The New England Primer was the first reading primer designed for the American Colonies. It became the most successful educational textbook published in 17th century colonial United States and it became the foundation of most schooling before the 1790s."

The New England Primer - Wikipedia

Do you realize that not only are you wrong, but all of the founders / framers were taught from that book AND it remained in use for decades after Thomas Jefferson's "separation of church and state" letter? This proves you didn't bother to read the thread and you're blowing smoke.

I'm a bigot? You don't even read the freaking thread! Dude, I'd fight to the death for your Right to NOT believe in Christianity and you have done all you can to silence me without having the common courtesy of even reading what I've written before posting idiocy. LMAO.

Nobody forced you to believe in religion, but you're stuffing your ideology down my throat and not reading the posts that already refuted your position. What a joke! Thank you for the laughs.

:11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11::11:

your link makes my point not h yours:

• This is not to say America was founded as an explicitly Christian nation -- the federal government has never had an established religion.

Are you going to revise the title of this thread?

No need to. You should read THIS thread. I've never seen anyone to go to as many lengths as you have to make yourself appear to be stupid.

You continue to delude yourself into thinking Jefferson was the only founder; that his word is the Word of God;

I don’t think Jefferson was the only founder. there are many others as well. My favorite non- Christian contributors to the cause are Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine.

But I don’t need more than Jefferson to make my point. The new Republic protected free thinkers and non Christian religions alike from a tyranny of the majority and obsessed Christians like you.

Jefferson and Madison and even the Baptist’s to their credit stood tall on the separation of Church and state.

why did you lie that I think Jefferson was the only founder.

and why did you lie that I think Jefferson’s word is the word of God.

You are getting desperate. That did not take long.

I have not lied and you are POS for making such a claim. We're done.

I have not lied and you are POS for making such a claim. We're done.

It’s in writing. You said I think Jefferson was the only founder and that I think Jefferson’s word is the word of God. You said it and you cannot cite me ever saying that or thinking any such nonsense as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back