America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

your link makes my point not h yours:

• This is not to say America was founded as an explicitly Christian nation -- the federal government has never had an established religion.

Are you going to revise the title of this thread?

No need to. You should read THIS thread. I've never seen anyone to go to as many lengths as you have to make yourself appear to be stupid.

Why did you post a that link citing references to God when the claim that was made was the Declaration of Independence made no reference to Christianity?

respond too that question. Enough of the evasion and name calling.

• This is not to say America was founded as an explicitly Christian nation -- the federal government has never had an established religion.

No need to. You should read THIS thread. I've never seen anyone to go to as many lengths as you have to make yourself appear to be stupid.

Why did you post a that link citing references to God when the claim that was made was the Declaration of Independence made no reference to Christianity?

I'm ignoring your posts. I don't owe you a damn thing, but since you made a false accusation - actually several, I'd like to make at least one come true for you. As best I can tell you, you are a troll and a piece of garbage wanting me to validate you by playing Internet games.

You did not have the common decency to read the thread and respond accordingly. I do not owe you the benefit of a response. You've shown nothing but disdain, disrespect and intolerance for me and I'll be damned if you come here and give me orders. I'm not your push button monkey, I don't owe you, and you are not capable of informed and intelligent civil discourse. You can misrepresent me any way you wish, but I told you the last time I responded - when you called me a liar BEFORE asking for proof that we were done.

IF you had asked before slinging that false allegation (what is it they call people who make false allegations???) I'd have responded. You didn't. You didn't read the thread - not even the posts that covered the material you posted that had already been successfully refuted. You made it personal. I have a PM here if you'd like to address me personally. Other than that, you keep posting; I'll put you on ignore and simply repeat my final relevant post (relevant to the thread) so if anybody wants to dispute the facts, they will have access to them.

And if I didn't call you names, it's only because censorship exists. But, if you do happen to have an IQ higher than your shoe size, you can read between the lines.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This the EPILOGUE of the relevant posts # 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 153, and 198 and 223:

America was founded as a Christian nation. To the atheists, non-believers, trolls, and dishonest people criticizing this, NONE of them had the courage to cite any fact presented and challenge it. They refused to even READ the relevant posts, so they live in their own little world.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants."

America was founded as a Christian nation. Does that mean it was founded as a theocracy? No. Does it mean it was required to be a Christian to be here? No. Do you have to believe in Christianity? No. So, what does it mean?

America was founded on the twin pillars of race and religion. Whites founded the country. Founded it means that they established the form of government and wrote the rules when it began. The country was founded on Christianity. That means that our sense of right and wrong; good and bad were predicated upon biblical precepts.

Only Christians could hold elective office. Children were taught from Christian books. Our laws were consistent with the same standards of right and wrong as in the Bible. Even small things were consistent with the Bible. Our system of a just weights and measurements is consistent with the Bible. We have twelve people on a jury in commemoration of the Lord's supper. Our understanding of Liberty was consistent with the biblical definition.

Despite all the facts presented, the best the critics can do is that "separation of church and state" thing that appeared in a letter to the Danbury Baptists and it means 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists claim (went into depth on that one in one of my relevant posts on this thread.)

About six months after the ratification of the United States Constitution, Congress fulfilled their duty to pass an uniform Rule of Naturalization. They specified that only whites could be citizens. MILLIONS of non-whites came here anyway. They took advantage of opportunities willingly offered. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, EXAMPLE OF OUR LAW TRYING TO CHANGE THOSE PEOPLE INTO CAUCASIANS. Likewise, we do not try and convert people to Christianity. Believe, don't believe... it's up to you.

When people come to America, if they are judged in our courts, it will be according to our culture. And our sense of right and wrong is based on the Bible. If we attempted to interpret our laws to be consistent with Sharia Law, atheism, Hinduism, humanism, Christianity, etc. it would be a giant (excuse the bluntness) one big clusterphuck. Ultimately man is ruled by God or by tyrants.

Those who hate Christianity wanted to take down Nativity scenes, remove the Ten Commandments from public display, and get rid of crosses,and eliminate the Pledge of Allegiance. Why? It was a reflection of who we are and those who waged that war, at all other times, claim to be about democracy - aka majority rule.

Those who hate Christianity have gone out of their way to maintain a lie. They tell us there is a wall of separation between church and state. But, if the Christian does not bow down to majoritarians, they can expect their church to be padlocked; their tax exempt status revoked. Yet our society is supposed to be tolerant of the atheist, the Muslim and anyone else with an ax to grind. The Muslim can wear their headgear in public; the Christian cannot wear their cross. Respecting the Muslim shows our tolerance and commitment to Religious Freedom while any displays of Christianity violates the separation of church and state.

The objective of the atheist and other non-believer is that they want control. Secular humanism is our unofficial state religion now and its implementation has been disastrous for this country. In 1947 the United States Supreme Court created that "separation of church and state out of thin air in the case of Everson v. Board of Education. I know of one source that measured the impact that decision on our country's culture:

The Supreme Court's Decisions on the Separation of Church and State Are Flawed | Encyclopedia.com
Due to the trolls - the Disclaimer - My views do not reflect all the positions taken by this one man. On the issue in question, he has researched a sufficient number of facts.

I'd like to say a lot more here, but over the last 75 years, the atheists and other non-believers have hijacked the Republic and we are not a Christian nation, but a reflection of what atheists, humanists and other non-Christians have instituted. We consume over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply; we have more people in prison than any nation on this planet - both in raw numbers and per capita. More of our children are diagnosed with phony emotional and psychological disorders than any other country (and IF such a disparate number of those conditions exist, it is attributable to the humanist / secularist control the atheists lobbied for - otherwise the rise would be world wide) Murder, rape, incest, pedophilia, burglary, infanticide, robbery, genocide, and other crimes and outrages have soared out of control since Christians acquiesced to the demands of these people.

There is much more I wanted to say, but if you read the relevant posts, you already know what is wrong in America and why our culture was founded on Christian precepts. The atheists don't want to discuss it; they only want control, but on this thread I am not giving it to them. So, I will only repeat the relevant posts each day. Thank you and God bless.

The declaration of Independence lists 27 reasons that the founders gave to the world as reason that they established a new nation. Guess how many of them had to do with Christianity.

None.

WRONG. It's obvious you haven't read the Declaration of Independence. AGAIN - Asked and answered.

Nope. I read all 27 reasons in the declaration of Independence. Christianity, in fact, religion, too, is not mentioned in any of them.

Nature’s God – Founding.com

See there. You are wrong.

I don't know why you are having trouble grasping this. The declaration specifically gives 27 reasons why they were establishing a new nation. Most of them was about British tyranny. NONE of them mention Christianity. That is not to say that god is not mentioned in the document. However, Christianity is NOT given as a reason for the establishment of a new nation. For crying out loud, read it.

You were proven wrong. If you cannot accept that, you're an idiot. You can't change facts to suit your agenda.

Four Times the Declaration of Independence Mentions God, and Why It Matters

You've said what you want to say; I've responded. Why don't you now remain silent and allow others to decide for themselves... or are you really that insecure?

Porter, are you REALLY that dense? Not only did the founding fathers fail to give any religious or Christian reasons for establish a new nation in the declaration of independence, even Christianity is not mentioned. "God" can refer to Muslims, Jews, and the flying spaghetti monster. In short, Christianity was never a reason for establishing the nation, and Christian values are not mentioned anywhere in any of the founding documents.

You have nothing, which is pretty pathetic for someone with a degree in theology, or divinity, or whatever else you studied.

I'm ignoring your posts. I don't owe you a damn thing, but since you made a false accusation - actually several, I'd like to make at least one come true for you. As best I can tell you, you are a troll and a piece of garbage wanting me to validate you by playing Internet games.

You did not have the common decency to read the thread and respond accordingly. I do not owe you the benefit of a response. You've shown nothing but disdain, disrespect and intolerance for me and I'll be damned if you come here and give me orders. I'm not your push button monkey, I don't owe you, and you are not capable of informed and intelligent civil discourse. You can misrepresent me any way you wish, but I told you the last time I responded - when you called me a liar BEFORE asking for proof that we were done.

IF you had asked before slinging that false allegation (what is it they call people who make false allegations???) I'd have responded. You didn't. You didn't read the thread - not even the posts that covered the material you posted that had already been successfully refuted. You made it personal. I have a PM here if you'd like to address me personally. Other than that, you keep posting; I'll put you on ignore and simply repeat my final relevant post (relevant to the thread) so if anybody wants to dispute the facts, they will have access to them.

And if I didn't call you names, it's only because censorship exists. But, if you do happen to have an IQ higher than your shoe size, you can read between the lines.

You didn’t have to write that lengthy screed to announce you are set to run.

all you needed to do was cut and paste the paragraph where you think I wrote that only a minority of children read the Christian text books. Thats another lie by the way.

you can’t because I never said such as thing, so you run away.

WRONG. It's obvious you haven't read the Declaration of Independence. AGAIN - Asked and answered.

Nope. I read all 27 reasons in the declaration of Independence. Christianity, in fact, religion, too, is not mentioned in any of them.

I don't know why you are having trouble grasping this. The declaration specifically gives 27 reasons why they were establishing a new nation. Most of them was about British tyranny. NONE of them mention Christianity. That is not to say that god is not mentioned in the document. However, Christianity is NOT given as a reason for the establishment of a new nation. For crying out loud, read it.

You were proven wrong. If you cannot accept that, you're an idiot. You can't change facts to suit your agenda.

You've said what you want to say; I've responded. Why don't you now remain silent and allow others to decide for themselves... or are you really that insecure?

Porter, are you REALLY that dense? Not only did the founding fathers fail to give any religious or Christian reasons for establish a new nation in the declaration of independence, even Christianity is not mentioned. "God" can refer to Muslims, Jews, and the flying spaghetti monster. In short, Christianity was never a reason for establishing the nation, and Christian values are not mentioned anywhere in any of the founding documents.

You have nothing, which is pretty pathetic for someone with a degree in theology, or divinity, or whatever else you studied.

Let me guess. He got one of those matchbook cover theology degrees to perform marriages. And it went to his head.

I had a great laugh when he called you wrong for not knowing that the word ‘God’ is a synonym for ‘Christianity” when written in the Declaration of Independence.

Your stupidity is the result of an improper education. Every one of these criticisms were dealt with in my relevant posts and proven accurate. I'm not going to debate you on any specific point that has not been covered. What fact, in which post, do you have a problem with?

If you'd like me to put you on ignore, that is not a problem either. Look at this way. At least I have an education. You had an equal opportunity to ignore your education and did so. You're being dishonest as well. You are attempting to make it appear I'm advocating a theocracy. You're lying. See the first post on this thread. I've already anticipated and answered all of your dodges, deflections, and false - misleading posts.

I had to ignore your sockpuppet that posts a lie virtually every few minutes of the day. I say that because as soon as I started ignoring his posts, you come here with the same, exact style of arguing. Create all the multiple accounts you want.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION

This the EPILOGUE of the relevant posts # 1 , 2, 7, 17, 35, 39, 56, 91, 109 153, and 198 and 223:

America was founded as a Christian nation. To the atheists, non-believers, trolls, and dishonest people criticizing this, NONE of them had the courage to cite any fact presented and challenge it. They refused to even READ the relevant posts, so they live in their own little world.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants."

America was founded as a Christian nation. Does that mean it was founded as a theocracy? No. Does it mean it was required to be a Christian to be here? No. Do you have to believe in Christianity? No. So, what does it mean?

America was founded on the twin pillars of race and religion. Whites founded the country. Founded it means that they established the form of government and wrote the rules when it began. The country was founded on Christianity. That means that our sense of right and wrong; good and bad were predicated upon biblical precepts.

Only Christians could hold elective office. Children were taught from Christian books. Our laws were consistent with the same standards of right and wrong as in the Bible. Even small things were consistent with the Bible. Our system of a just weights and measurements is consistent with the Bible. We have twelve people on a jury in commemoration of the Lord's supper. Our understanding of Liberty was consistent with the biblical definition.

Despite all the facts presented, the best the critics can do is that "separation of church and state" thing that appeared in a letter to the Danbury Baptists and it means 180 degrees opposite of what the atheists claim (went into depth on that one in one of my relevant posts on this thread.)

About six months after the ratification of the United States Constitution, Congress fulfilled their duty to pass an uniform Rule of Naturalization. They specified that only whites could be citizens. MILLIONS of non-whites came here anyway. They took advantage of opportunities willingly offered. THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY, EXAMPLE OF OUR LAW TRYING TO CHANGE THOSE PEOPLE INTO CAUCASIANS. Likewise, we do not try and convert people to Christianity. Believe, don't believe... it's up to you.

When people come to America, if they are judged in our courts, it will be according to our culture. And our sense of right and wrong is based on the Bible. If we attempted to interpret our laws to be consistent with Sharia Law, atheism, Hinduism, humanism, Christianity, etc. it would be a giant (excuse the bluntness) one big clusterphuck. Ultimately man is ruled by God or by tyrants.

Those who hate Christianity wanted to take down Nativity scenes, remove the Ten Commandments from public display, and get rid of crosses,and eliminate the Pledge of Allegiance. Why? It was a reflection of who we are and those who waged that war, at all other times, claim to be about democracy - aka majority rule.

Those who hate Christianity have gone out of their way to maintain a lie. They tell us there is a wall of separation between church and state. But, if the Christian does not bow down to majoritarians, they can expect their church to be padlocked; their tax exempt status revoked. Yet our society is supposed to be tolerant of the atheist, the Muslim and anyone else with an ax to grind. The Muslim can wear their headgear in public; the Christian cannot wear their cross. Respecting the Muslim shows our tolerance and commitment to Religious Freedom while any displays of Christianity violates the separation of church and state.

The objective of the atheist and other non-believer is that they want control. Secular humanism is our unofficial state religion now and its implementation has been disastrous for this country. In 1947 the United States Supreme Court created that "separation of church and state out of thin air in the case of Everson v. Board of Education. I know of one source that measured the impact that decision on our country's culture:

The Supreme Court's Decisions on the Separation of Church and State Are Flawed | Encyclopedia.com
Due to the trolls - the Disclaimer - My views do not reflect all the positions taken by this one man. On the issue in question, he has researched a sufficient number of facts.

I'd like to say a lot more here, but over the last 75 years, the atheists and other non-believers have hijacked the Republic and we are not a Christian nation, but a reflection of what atheists, humanists and other non-Christians have instituted. We consume over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply; we have more people in prison than any nation on this planet - both in raw numbers and per capita. More of our children are diagnosed with phony emotional and psychological disorders than any other country (and IF such a disparate number of those conditions exist, it is attributable to the humanist / secularist control the atheists lobbied for - otherwise the rise would be world wide) Murder, rape, incest, pedophilia, burglary, infanticide, robbery, genocide, and other crimes and outrages have soared out of control since Christians acquiesced to the demands of these people.

There is much more I wanted to say, but if you read the relevant posts, you already know what is wrong in America and why our culture was founded on Christian precepts. The atheists don't want to discuss it; they only want control, but on this thread I am not giving it to them. So, I will only repeat the relevant posts each day. Thank you and God bless.

Small edit: I'm having to ignore a couple of posters that are dabbling in outright lies, straw man arguments, and false allegations. So, I'm repeating this last posting just so new posters will know the importance of reading the thread, but since it's being trolled, they can limit that to my relevant posts if they want a civil and productive conversation.

There is no conflict between the statements,

"America was set up to have a government that would be neutral in dealing with internal sectarian religious issues."

and,

"America was set up to be a Christian Nation."

Nonsense, you Christian Fool, America is a nation defined exactly by the system of government that was established at the founding.

they are inseparable.

Wow. What a commie thing to say.

The government is the servant of the People, not the other way around. The people choose the government, and regularly choose another one.

BUT, this is showing the basis of your confusion on this issue. YOu read "nation" and think "government".

Now that I have corrected you, is this all making more sense to you?

Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

The First Charter of Virginia of 1606 stated:

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

I think that it would be appropriate to point out that this nation, which you claim to be founded as a Christian nation, was also founded as a slave nation. That pretty much negates any positive Christian values that were involved during the founding.

Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

I think that it would be appropriate to point out that this nation, which you claim to be founded as a Christian nation, was also founded as a slave nation. That pretty much negates any positive Christian values that were involved during the founding.
the early origins of the abolition movement started in Christian churches .
Some

Other Christians defended slavery and quoted parts of the Bible about slaves loyally serving their masters

I have questioned the motives of the critics of this thread. When confronted with facts they cannot refute, they make bogus arguments much like what you've been doing.

Jumping into a discussion and trying to insinuate lies that were already refuted to be the truth and only truth was a damn stupid approach. What you are now saying narrows down your real problem. You are in a discussion that is over your head.

There are NO moral implications regarding slavery. For the left, the atheists, non-believers, or anyone else to keep arguing over slavery is dishonest, disingenuous, and complete idiocy that you'd have to have an IQ less than your shoe size to accept.

"rightwinger," You can put a little bit of lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. NOBODY on this board, including you, has a problem with slavery. The only problem is how we dress it up. Right or left; conservative or liberal; Democrat or Republican, EVERYBODY supports slavery. It is biblical and it is normal. I'd like to give you a few examples.

Thomas Jefferson once said, " Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." Yet, knowing that, the Republicans illegally ratified the 16th Amendment and today everybody is comfortable with the income tax. The income tax is a plank out of the Communist Manifesto and nothing, from an economics point of view is more indicative of slavery than communism. Nobody in this country respects the tax resister.

The Declaration of Independence lists Liberty is an unalienable Right. Yet it is the "right wing" that pushes the notion that one must become a citizen in order to work in the United States. Of course, those advocating are getting their wish and will soon be pushed into oblivion as the left increases in numbers. Yet, to deny people an unalienable Right is slavery.

The Democrats and leftists want to force those who produce to pay for those who do not produce. Putting your hand in my pocket to take money to give to someone I don't want to pay for is robbery. And our example here is simple:

The state of California wants to have sanctuary cities to protect the undocumented foreigners in their state. I'm okay with that. It's legal. But, the state wants the federal government to help fund the undocumented foreigners it invited. Forcing a man in Georgia to pay for the guests in California that they invited is a form of economic slavery. That is the same principle with Obamacare and socialized medicine.

The Democrats and atheists (most of which vote for Democrats) wail about slavery, but the Democrats were the ones who perpetuated slavery in this country. The hue of the skin has changed since democracy is all about majority rule. They just put a little lipstick on that pig and keep making emotion laden buzz word arguments to stay in control. Soooo,... when both sides of the political spectrum are comfortable with their forms of slavery, they are absolute hypocrites to use it as an issue ESPECIALLY when it does not even apply.
Slavery was a Christian institution

Some

Other Christians defended slavery and quoted parts of the Bible about slaves loyally serving their masters

I have questioned the motives of the critics of this thread. When confronted with facts they cannot refute, they make bogus arguments much like what you've been doing.

Jumping into a discussion and trying to insinuate lies that were already refuted to be the truth and only truth was a damn stupid approach. What you are now saying narrows down your real problem. You are in a discussion that is over your head.

There are NO moral implications regarding slavery. For the left, the atheists, non-believers, or anyone else to keep arguing over slavery is dishonest, disingenuous, and complete idiocy that you'd have to have an IQ less than your shoe size to accept.

"rightwinger," You can put a little bit of lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. NOBODY on this board, including you, has a problem with slavery. The only problem is how we dress it up. Right or left; conservative or liberal; Democrat or Republican, EVERYBODY supports slavery. It is biblical and it is normal. I'd like to give you a few examples.

Thomas Jefferson once said, " Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." Yet, knowing that, the Republicans illegally ratified the 16th Amendment and today everybody is comfortable with the income tax. The income tax is a plank out of the Communist Manifesto and nothing, from an economics point of view is more indicative of slavery than communism. Nobody in this country respects the tax resister.

The Declaration of Independence lists Liberty is an unalienable Right. Yet it is the "right wing" that pushes the notion that one must become a citizen in order to work in the United States. Of course, those advocating are getting their wish and will soon be pushed into oblivion as the left increases in numbers. Yet, to deny people an unalienable Right is slavery.

The Democrats and leftists want to force those who produce to pay for those who do not produce. Putting your hand in my pocket to take money to give to someone I don't want to pay for is robbery. And our example here is simple:

The state of California wants to have sanctuary cities to protect the undocumented foreigners in their state. I'm okay with that. It's legal. But, the state wants the federal government to help fund the undocumented foreigners it invited. Forcing a man in Georgia to pay for the guests in California that they invited is a form of economic slavery. That is the same principle with Obamacare and socialized medicine.

The Democrats and atheists (most of which vote for Democrats) wail about slavery, but the Democrats were the ones who perpetuated slavery in this country. The hue of the skin has changed since democracy is all about majority rule. They just put a little lipstick on that pig and keep making emotion laden buzz word arguments to stay in control. Soooo,... when both sides of the political spectrum are comfortable with their forms of slavery, they are absolute hypocrites to use it as an issue ESPECIALLY when it does not even apply.

RW, Rockwell has made a serious challenge to you libs, on the matter of Race and Religion.

YOu are one of the few liberals that have the capacity to even try to meet this challenge.

If one of you libs cannot refute his points, he will come out of this, looking like the reasonable one, compared to you mainstream liberals.

A lot of people read these forums. Some of them young people. YOu really want to help Rockwell recruit people to his viewpoint?

Stop trolling and start making the case. YOu are looking like a loser here.

America was founded by white, males

Does that make us a “White, Male Nation”?

I have to post the entire exchange because the OP has falsely accused me of trolling and lying.

You said:

"America was set up to have a government that would be neutral in dealing with internal sectarian religious issues."

and,

I called nonsense;

America is a nation defined exactly by the system of government that was established at the founding. they are inseparable.

You are saying;

YOu read "nation" and think "government".

No, you moron. You started this by saying a government that would be neutral on religious matters is not in conflict with that same government being set up as a Christian Nation.

And I explained to you that America is a nation defined exactly by the system of government that was established at the founding.

Note that I used the term ”system” to define government.

it’s very important that you recognize my use of the words “system of government”.

Your failure to comprehend what I wrote makes it obvious you are stupid.

The government is the servant of the People, not the other way around. The people choose the government, and regularly choose another one.

If your statement represented the context of my comments it would read like this:

(The system of government is the servant of the People, not the other way around.)

It makes no sense that I would be saying

(“the people are the servants of the system of government that was chosen at the founding.“)

And what you said is even more ridiculous when corrected to refer to system of government.

(“The people choose the SYSTEM OF government, and regularly choose another one.”)

Do you see what an idiot you are when the facts and the truth are presented clearly to you.

We have not chosen a new SYSTEM of GOVERNMENT since the founding over two centuries ago.

When it comes to very subjective matters, like religion, I almost always try to respect, if not the Faith of people, at least their right to have whatever Faith they wish to have.

i don’t try to respect it I do respect everyone’s choice of religion. But the OP is not arguing for his religion. He is arguing for a tyranny of the majority to identify our secular nation as a Christian nation. I can’t stomach tyranny by the majority or a single tyrant.

The vast majority or all of the Founders self identified as Christians.

So do you support the OP support for the tyranny of the majority being memorialized by Declaration that America is a Christian nation.

It’s too Americans like you and the OP don’t have respect for non-religious, non-Christian Americans like me by trying to falsely label my country of birth a CHRISTIAN NATION.

Last edited:
I will do more posts a little later showing you Christian principles in the Constitution

From the start you are a fraud. I do not dismiss that Christian principles in the Constitution just as I hoped you would admit that non-Christian principles are also found in the Constitution.

How about the great political philosophers such as Locke and Montesquieu. And going back to Great political minds such as Aristotle? Their principles of right and wrong also influenced the writing of our Constitution.

Are we a Locke, Montesquieu, Christian Aristotelian Nation?

Last edited:
Apparently if we follow Porter’s highly educated mind America was founded as a Socinian nation:

” I, A B. do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration.”

Don’t you consider it odd that Thomas Jefferson could be President of our nation but could not serve as an official in many of the states you mention requiring an oath.

I mentioned Locke in my previous post.

Locke, like Jefferson would not be considered a legitimate Christian because he too rejected the divinity of Christ and entire scam of the Church for the masses.

• “The Socinians held to a rationalistic approach to Scripture and to faith. This philosophical approach, especially in regard to biblical doctrine, declares that all religious matters must be fully reconcilable with human reason, and that theological matters pertaining to the nature of God cannot be beyond the finite understanding of the human mind. This idea clearly contradicts the Bible, which affirms the supernatural essence of God and the impossibility of the finite mind fully comprehending the infinite (Job 9:10; Isaiah 55:8-11; Romans 11:33). The Socinians rejected the historic, orthodox beliefs concerning the nature of God, especially His omniscience. They rejected the doctrine of the Trinity in favor of Unitarianism, a belief system they promoted in their “Catechism of Unitarians” (1574). They also rejected the orthodox belief of the divinity of Jesus Christ, as summarized in the Racovian Catechism of 1605 What is Socinianism? | GotQuestions.org

and,

Nonsense, you Christian Fool, America is a nation defined exactly by the system of government that was established at the founding.

they are inseparable.

Wow. What a commie thing to say.

BUT, this is showing the basis of your confusion on this issue. YOu read "nation" and think "government".

Now that I have corrected you, is this all making more sense to you?

Correll:

I wanted to thank you for hearing me out on this. Like I said I wanted to make a lot of points that most people never consider. Unless these guys see Jesus or God in every sentence, then they say there is no connection to the Bible and our government.

One last thing I wanted to cover and just so you could think about it.

Consider that our forefathers left the persecution of King George to escape religious persecution. We're all pretty much agreed on that point. Did you ever think that in the 11 years we went from Declaration of Independence to Constitution that the founders / framers never suggested a departure from the common law?

Our courts still relied on the decisions made by the very people we defeated in a war in order to have our own government. For example, United States Supreme Court still relies on precedents set by the English Bill of Rights cases. Check out how, in the 2008 Heller decision, the high Court relied on the 1689 English Bill of Rights as a pretext to marginalize our Second Amendment:

District of Columbia v. Heller | Summary, Ruling, & Facts

Sometimes the law goes our way; sometimes not, but we did not divorce ourselves from our Christian roots; we integrated the process into our own system of jurisprudence in the United States. That did not make us a theocracy and 231 years after the Constitution was ratified, we are not a theocracy.... but in the last few years my critics have excelled at turning us into a socialistic democracy and locking Christians and constitutionalists out.

Some

"Slavery was practiced in every ancient Middle Eastern society: Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, Roman and Israelite. Slavery was an integral part of ancient commerce, taxation, and temple religion..."

Christian views on slavery - Wikipedia

Some

"Slavery was practiced in every ancient Middle Eastern society: Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, Roman and Israelite. Slavery was an integral part of ancient commerce, taxation, and temple religion..."

Christian views on slavery - Wikipedia
but abolition still had its roots in the Christian church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back