AMC to Charge More for Better Movie Theater Seats

I think the Movie Theaters are misjudging the quality of their product.

Yes, a Blockbuster will pack the theater for the first week and people may be willing to pay a premium for top seats.

But those Blockbusters are few and far between. Most of the films they are showing struggle to fill half the theater, even on opening weekend.

If I show up to see a movie and am told I need to pay extra for a good seat in an empty theater……I am probably going to wait till it is released on streaming services

Apparently SOME people on here are SO FUCKING LAZY or BRAIN DEAD, they can't do a simple task like ask the internet for facts.

Here ya go lazy fuktards.............

Acquisition by Wanda Group (2012–2021)
In May 2012, AMC Theatres was acquired by Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group, headquartered in Dalian, who paid $2.6 billion to acquire AMC's 5,048 screens in 347 theaters in the U.S. and Canada. The deal was finalized on September 4, 2012.

Well no matter who owns them this seems like a stupid move. I guess they are trying to attract that "Do you know who I am crowd.". Guess time will tell if it works

All that does is guarantee I won't go when it first opens for "premium seating". It's first come first served, and I won't pay extra just to sit where I want.

Really it makes me less likely to go to amc because I don't support companies that nickle and dime customers to death. It's a bad business practice and it pisses me off.

Then again I don't go to the amc near me really because it's close to the city and has too many blacks that go there and I am always irritated because they talk loud, play on their phones and act like inconsiderate assholes and I'm not about to open my mouth and potentially go to jail for kicking some black dudes ass because he has no manners. So I just avoid the place.

Forum List

Back