AMC Theaters Reverses Course, Says Customers Need to Wear Masks at the Movies After Backlash

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So...the pandemic beat goes on.....

The nation’s largest movie theater chain changed its position on mask-wearing less than a day after the company became a target on social media for saying it would defer to local governments on the issue.
AMC Theaters CEO Adam Aron said Friday that its theaters will require patrons to wear masks upon reopening, which will begin in mid-July. Customers who don’t wear masks won’t be admitted or allowed to stay.
“We think it is absolutely crucial that we listen to our guests,” Aron said. “It is clear from this response that we did not go far enough on the usage of masks.
Rival chain Regal followed AMC’s lead. Spokesman Richard Grover said Friday that moviegoers must wear masks in all its theaters as well.
AMC Theaters wasn’t the first to say it would defer to officials on the mask issue. That policy was identical to what Cinemark announced earlier this month. Cinemark did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Most major retailers require masks for customers only where local rules mandate it.
But the AMC plan hit a nerve for many on Thursday and #boycottAMC quickly became a trending topic on Twitter.

How on earth can they enforce that? They going to watch the whole audience during a movie?

How on earth can they enforce that? They going to watch the whole audience during a movie?
Busybodies theater patrons squealing on the offenders, figuring they paid for a ticket in a covid mask wearing environment.

The nation’s largest movie theater chain changed its position on mask-wearing less than a day after the company became a target on social media for saying it would defer to local governments on the issue.
AMC Theaters CEO Adam Aron said Friday that its theaters will require patrons to wear masks upon reopening, which will begin in mid-July. Customers who don’t wear masks won’t be admitted or allowed to stay.
“We think it is absolutely crucial that we listen to our guests,” Aron said. “It is clear from this response that we did not go far enough on the usage of masks.
Rival chain Regal followed AMC’s lead. Spokesman Richard Grover said Friday that moviegoers must wear masks in all its theaters as well.
AMC Theaters wasn’t the first to say it would defer to officials on the mask issue. That policy was identical to what Cinemark announced earlier this month. Cinemark did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Most major retailers require masks for customers only where local rules mandate it.
But the AMC plan hit a nerve for many on Thursday and #boycottAMC quickly became a trending topic on Twitter.
Guess I won't be going to any movies till they can extract their heads from their asses. That is unless they go bust first.
Is it time for drive ins to make a comeback?

Guess I won't be going to any movies till they can extract their heads from their asses. That is unless they go bust first.
Is it time for drive ins to make a comeback?
Dick, I think I'll really fuck with their heads when I go out and paint my face white to LOOK like a mask, with a water soluble dry whitewash, and if anybody gets close enough and asks, I'll tell them it's a new anti-viral skin shield that emits a viral-killing repellent that as viruses get close are repelled away or killed whether coming towards me or from me!

169764_web.jpg

That's a good thing.

I won't go in public without a mask on. It's just being polite as far as I'm concerned. I'm not doing it for me. I'm doing it for everyone else.

It's just common courtesy.

I won't go to a theater for a long time. Not until there's a vaccine.

I will go to a drive in theater though. I bet they could see a come back because of the virus.

I was sad to see them go away in the first place. I loved going to the drive in. Either with friends or with a boyfriend/spouse.

I'm glad they reversed their policy.

Meh, enjoy continuing to lose money then. I hate paying so much to see a movie anyways. Been to a theater maybe 3 or 4 times past 10 years.

They can enforce whatever they want. I have no intention on going to any movies for a very long time.

Forum List

Back