AMC to Charge More for Better Movie Theater Seats

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The theater chain AMC Entertainment Holdings said Monday it was rolling out a new plan that adjusts ticket prices during peak shows based on where viewers sit. Prime seats in the middle of the theater will come at a premium, while neck-craning front-row seats will cost less. The move comes as customers make a slow return to theaters and box-office numbers remain stubbornly below pre-pandemic levels.

LOL....Looks like you will have to pony-up to be front and center for the next Wakanda Forever movie. :laughing0301:

They need to adopt the airline model, with assigned seats and 87 different boarding groups.

Just another reason not to subject yourself to the great unwashed. ;)

The theater chain AMC Entertainment Holdings said Monday it was rolling out a new plan that adjusts ticket prices during peak shows based on where viewers sit. Prime seats in the middle of the theater will come at a premium, while neck-craning front-row seats will cost less. The move comes as customers make a slow return to theaters and box-office numbers remain stubbornly below pre-pandemic levels.

LOL....Looks like you will have to pony-up to be front and center for the next Wakanda Forever movie. :laughing0301:

They need to adopt the airline model, with assigned seats and 87 different boarding groups.

Just another reason not to subject yourself to the great unwashed. ;)

The theaters we go to all have assigned seats that you get to choose. But we only go to ones with the comfy recliner seats.

I doubt anything will bring more people back, home entertainment systems have gotten so good these days. Hell, BestBuy has a 75 inch TV for under 700 bucks.

At a time theaters are fighting to get people back to the theaters, this will chase people away.

Most of the movies I go to see are only a quarter filled
They want you to pay a premium in an empty theater?

i have that amc bs club...they beg ya to go to the movies...i mean beg...it is the theater trying to make more money than just concession sales

The theaters we go to all have assigned seats that you get to choose. But we only go to ones with the comfy recliner seats.

I doubt anything will bring more people back, home entertainment systems have gotten so good these days. Hell, BestBuy has a 75 inch TV for under 700 bucks.
Yes if its not at the Moviehouse it doesn't exist for us.

At a time theaters are fighting to get people back to the theaters, this will chase people away.

Most of the movies I go to see are only a quarter filled
They want you to pay a premium in an empty theater?
You could always buy the side seat, and then when the movie starts in the empty theater, move to a middle seat. I can’t imagine a teen usher would come into the dark theater and ask you to move.

Wow! A NEW reason to never go to a theater again! I don't think I've been to see a movie in a theater in 20 years.

Those Dimmers sure are astute Business people!

Well really. When I went to a theater, it was always FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. If you got there early, some sat up front, some sat in the middle and others chose to sit in the back. Each has its different aspect of presentation and room characteristics which each preferred. Me, I usually sat where the sound system was optimized for the most stable stereo image! Or at the focus of the screen, if there was one. At least for a good aspect ratio to distance relationship. But people sat where they wanted because it was their choice--- not because it was better or cheaper, last or first.

Under this new system though, there is no longer any advantage in getting their early, people waiting long in line will be ignored and disfavored for those who ordered on line, and people will be charged more or less not for the value of the seat to them but instead on some arbitrary rating system as if all people were the same!

It is enough of a choice just to go back to a dirty theater again when the prices are so high and the movies so bad when I can stay home and see THOUSANDS of favored classic movies on a big screen under ideal conditions with better sound at my convenience right in my own home, much less have to contend with what seating location and price point I want to fight for, when I'm not even at the theater, don't know how many are attending and ain't there to evaluate the seating, sound, and size and curvature of the screen or room! The entire charm of going out to see a movie that BUILT the movie industry has been LOST now on wokism.

SO I OPT NOT TO EVEN BOTHER TRYING.

Well really. When I went to a theater, it was always FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. If you got there early, some sat up front, some sat in the middle and others chose to sit in the back. Each has its different aspect of presentation and room characteristics which each preferred. Me, I usually sat where the sound system was optimized for the most stable stereo image! Or at the focus of the screen, if there was one. At least for a good aspect ratio to distance relationship. But people sat where they wanted because it was their choice--- not because it was better or cheaper, last or first.

Under this new system though, there is no longer any advantage in getting their early, people waiting long in line will be ignored and disfavored for those who ordered on line, and people will be charged more or less not for the value of the seat to them but instead on some arbitrary rating system as if all people were the same!

It is enough of a choice just to go back to a dirty theater again when the prices are so high and the movies so bad when I can stay home and see THOUSANDS of favored classic movies on a big screen under ideal conditions with better sound at my convenience right in my own home, much less have to contend with what seating location and price point I want to fight for, when I'm not even at the theater, don't know how many are attending and ain't there to evaluate the seating, sound, and size and curvature of the screen or room! The entire charm of going out to see a movie that BUILT the movie industry has been LOST now on wokism.

SO I OPT NOT TO EVEN BOTHER TRYING.
Same here....other than for Top Gun 2 which was of course overlooked by the Academy as it was too pro America.

Luckily it's a choice I will never have to make.

I think the last time I went to a movie theater was like ten years ago with my brother and his kids. It was one of the Avenger movies and my brother fucked up and got tickets right in the front row. It was a miserable experience. We were way too close to the screen and my neck hurt by the time the movie was over.

I think the last time I went to a movie theater was like ten years ago with my brother and his kids. It was one of the Avenger movies and my brother fucked up and got tickets right in the front row. It was a miserable experience. We were way too close to the screen and my neck hurt by the time the movie was over.

I sat there once. I had some maniac friend who WANTED to sit there for a Star Wars movie. They should sell those seats for half price or just rip up the seats and do the right thing and put a concession station there selling popcorn and drinks.

Forum List

Back