All things Doctor Who!

I have not seen the new season. I do not have any BBC channels where I currently live, so I have to wait for the new season to show up on Netflix.

If you talk about the new season until then, I would appreciate spoiler alerts.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Who and have even watched the very first season from 50 years ago on Neflix. I love that they have not radically altered the appearance of the daleks in all this time.

The best hour of television ever written, across all genres and all decades, is Blink.

That really was a remarkable episode. There were three or four that same season that were very, very good, and really haven't been matched since.

I've never been a fan of the Weeping Angels as monsters.

The Daleks still hold up after all these years.

I was mostly just impressed by the episode, rather than the Angels themselves (although there is a lot of beautiful metaphor in them if you think about it). The writing, the editing, the acting, the whole bit with the video time-travel puzzler - it all came together really well. The new series peaked in that season, in my view.

225250_600.jpg

The part that got me was him being the Face of Boe. He says it in the end of Last of the Time Lords.

yea i dont get that myself ......even though i see the resemblance....

Well, since he can't die, but he can age, it makes sense that his body would break down....I can see it. Then again, being a long time Whovian, I can easily suspend my disbelief.

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

I only have one question about Dr. Who.

His companions are never really and truly hot.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

That cannot be an accident.

Dr Who, like many evolved people, puts personality ahead of looks.

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

I only have one question about Dr. Who.

His companions are never really and truly hot.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

That cannot be an accident.

Dr Who, like many evolved people, puts personality ahead of looks.

Not hot you say?
The featured performer in this music video, Billie Piper, was one of the Dr.'s companions. I think she's hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking that she might be his daughter.

oohh, good thought....I was always hoping she'd make another appearance.

While I wouldn't mind THAT character appearing again.... It doesn't make sense in the context of the way they've established Clara Oswin Oswald, a woman who can appear in the Past, Present and Future.

As for the "Doctor's Daughter". She was portrayed by Actress Georgia Moffet, who is not only the daughter or Doctor Who #5 Peter Davison, but is married to Doctor Who #10, David Tennent.

I'm thinking that she might be his daughter.

While I wouldn't mind THAT character appearing again.... It doesn't make sense in the context of the way they've established Clara Oswin Oswald, a woman who can appear in the Past, Present and Future.

As for the "Doctor's Daughter". She was portrayed by Actress Georgia Moffet, who is not only the daughter or Doctor Who #5 Peter Davison, but is married to Doctor Who #10, David Tennent.

Um, she married her father???? :D

Well, since if you are a British actor or actress, the two things you are inevitably going to do are stuffy Historical Costume Dramas and Doctor Who, I don't think it was that weird.

Here's a fun video of Five and Ten appearing together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0cyxb2kG9E]Doctor Who - Time Crash - YouTube[/ame]

Well, since if you are a British actor or actress, the two things you are inevitably going to do are stuffy Historical Costume Dramas and Doctor Who, I don't think it was that weird.

Here's a fun video of Five and Ten appearing together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0cyxb2kG9E]Doctor Who - Time Crash - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I don't know what episode you guys saw last night, but we saw the one where they introduce John Hurt as the Doctor at the end of the episode. I was getting used to Matt Smith, too. A friend does tell me not to worry though, so I don't have to allow my knickers to get in a knot!

I do think this past season has been the worst. The only decent episode was last nights finale.

I don't know what episode you guys saw last night, but we saw the one where they introduce John Hurt as the Doctor at the end of the episode. I was getting used to Matt Smith, too. A friend does tell me not to worry though, so I don't have to allow my knickers to get in a knot!

I do think this past season has been the worst. The only decent episode was last nights finale.

The implication of the dialog is that the John Hurt version is a version that has already happened, probably between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccelston. That he was the one who took the action that resulted in the rest of the Time Lords being wiped out.

The other possibility is that he's the Valeyard, the evil version of the Doctor that occurs in the future.

Forum List

Back