All things Doctor Who!

I don't know what episode you guys saw last night, but we saw the one where they introduce John Hurt as the Doctor at the end of the episode. I was getting used to Matt Smith, too. A friend does tell me not to worry though, so I don't have to allow my knickers to get in a knot!

I do think this past season has been the worst. The only decent episode was last nights finale.

Matt Smith is gone after Christmas Special. But John Hurt won't be the new regeneration. I am guessing he is the true 9th doctor, or from the future, I don't think he is evil though.

Actually, Matt Smith has confirmed he will be back for the 8th Season.

Matt Smith Confirms Himself for Series 8 2014 | Doctor Who TV

Of course, the question is, what is Hurt's doctor supposed to be.

Either he is a future incarnation of the Doctor, perhaps the one that becomes the Valeyard (A plot device from the awful Colin Baker years I'd sooner forget.) Or he is a lost incarnation of the Doctor from between the McGann and Ecceleston versions. The one that did the thing that wiped out the Time Lords and most of the Daleks.

I suspect that it's more likely to be the latter, but it presents a whole lot of problems.

First, it means the Doctor has only one incarnation left after this one before they have to pull some kind of plot device out of their butts to explain why he gets more than the alloted 13.

Second, if this "Evil Doctor" was the one who killed the Time Lords, why has he suppressed it? In all the other dialog, he seemed perfectly at peace with what he had to do to his own people to keep them from destroying all of creation.

Third, we've seen the Dalek's files on The Doctor up to Tennet's incarnation in "The Next Doctor" (where Jackson Lake downloaded it into his brain and believed he was the Doctor.) You think this guy would be pretty important in that file.

Good, before he was saying he was done after first of the year ie Xmas special.

Do you think John Hurt is the Valeyard?

I saw an article saying that he was supposed to be the "Lost Regeneration" between McGann and Eccelston. (Although, frankly, those are two regenerations I would have LIKED to have lost as well.) And articles with his picture in costume

JohnHurt-The-Doctor.jpg

Kind of look like a mixture of McGann and Eccelston.

I think making him the Valeyard might be a cooler idea, because you have that big plot mess they need to resolve right about now.

Incidently, one of the things I liked about the finale was the Doctor commenting "Were you expecting a body? I've had a bunch of those." Or words to that effect, indicating what will be left when he dies is the terminus of his timestream.

Incidently, for those playing along at home... I've been changing my Avatar every month to reflect the ordinal number of the doctors.

For instance, Peter Davision was the Fifth Doctor, so he's getting the Fifth Month. (May).

So my plan was to put Eccelston in September, Tennett in October and Smith in November.

Of course, if Hurt is the Ninth Doctor, I have to move everyone up a month. It will give me something to put in December, I guess. (Although my plan was to just do a picture of the TARDIS.)

Either he is a future incarnation of the Doctor, perhaps the one that becomes the Valeyard (A plot device from the awful Colin Baker years I'd sooner forget.) Or he is a lost incarnation of the Doctor from between the McGann and Ecceleston versions. The one that did the thing that wiped out the Time Lords and most of the Daleks.

I suspect that it's more likely to be the latter, but it presents a whole lot of problems.

First, it means the Doctor has only one incarnation left after this one before they have to pull some kind of plot device out of their butts to explain why he gets more than the alloted 13.

Second, if this "Evil Doctor" was the one who killed the Time Lords, why has he suppressed it? In all the other dialog, he seemed perfectly at peace with what he had to do to his own people to keep them from destroying all of creation.

Third, we've seen the Dalek's files on The Doctor up to Tennet's incarnation in "The Next Doctor" (where Jackson Lake downloaded it into his brain and believed he was the Doctor.) You think this guy would be pretty important in that file.

in the Sara Jane spinoff, the Doctor was asked how many times he can regenerate....he said now, there is no limit.....so there is that....

in the Sara Jane spinoff, the Doctor was asked how many times he can regenerate....he said now, there is no limit.....so there is that....

Plus didnt he have 13, then river song gave him her's? I have never really got all that.

Incidently, for those playing along at home... I've been changing my Avatar every month to reflect the ordinal number of the doctors.

For instance, Peter Davision was the Fifth Doctor, so he's getting the Fifth Month. (May).

So my plan was to put Eccelston in September, Tennett in October and Smith in November.

Of course, if Hurt is the Ninth Doctor, I have to move everyone up a month. It will give me something to put in December, I guess. (Although my plan was to just do a picture of the TARDIS.)

You will to know by September then, where he will fit in. Lol

I am trying to find my son a full size tardis comforter. We will see if I have luck. Lol

Plus didnt he have 13, then river song gave him her's? I have never really got all that.

She gave him her "remaining regenerations", which means 11 more, if she had already burned through two at that point. (The little girl in "The Impossible Astronaut" and Melody in "Let's Kill Hitler".)

another theory-

The Timelords gave the Master additional regenerations during the Time War. Why not the Doctor as well?

She gave him her "remaining regenerations", which means 11 more, if she had already burned through two at that point. (The little girl in "The Impossible Astronaut" and Melody in "Let's Kill Hitler".)

another theory-

The Timelords gave the Master additional regenerations during the Time War. Why not the Doctor as well?
Thanks.

You see where BBC announced Matt is gone after Xmas special?

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

I only have one question about Dr. Who.

His companions are never really and truly hot.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

That cannot be an accident.

Dr Who, like many evolved people, puts personality ahead of looks.

You know I'd like to think that's true

But having watched probably every Dr. Who (post the 1960s or so) a whole lot of his companions aren't exactly personable, either.

I mean I realize they're ENGLISH, so I shouldn't set my standards high, but honestly...:eusa_eh:

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

I only have one question about Dr. Who.

His companions are never really and truly hot.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

That cannot be an accident.

Dr Who, like many evolved people, puts personality ahead of looks.

Not hot you say?
The featured performer in this music video, Billie Piper, was one of the Dr.'s companions. I think she's hot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhz27-BCj9o]Billie Piper - Day And Night - YouTube[/ame]

Must admit she's way hotter in that video than in Dr. Who.

Forum List

Back