All things Doctor Who!

I have been watching Dr Who on Netflix ,I am up to season 4 (plus I have watched a few classic episodes from the 70's) and started Torchwood, such an amazing series but sucks being so far behind, I am afraid about reading articles with spoilers but love the show, surprised I didnt get into it sooner.

They need to get someone in there who is going to stick around.

Shame he's tied up. Benjamin Cumberbatch would be perfect.

Actually, except for Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee, most actors who've played The Doctor have done it for three years or less. This is sometimes referred to as the "Troughton Rule", (For Patrick Troughton, the Second Doctor, who limited himself to three seasons and wasn't typecast in the role.)

So Matt did his three years and he was done. Which is fine.

so would Tom Riley who right now is playing Leonardo Da Vinci in "Da Vinci's Demons" on Starz....Eccentric and Erratic....

They are announcing the new doctor in 30 minutes.
Pretty sure it is Misha Collins.

Watching End of Time, the last 30 minutes are so sad.

Peter Capaldi was chosen.
Funny part he played a W.H.O Doctor in World War Z.

he was in a tenth Doctor episode...." The Fires Of Pompeii".....played the head of the Roman household Caecilius.....so we are back to an older Doctor.....should be interesting....

That strikes me as an odd pick.

To put it in perspective, he's 55.

William Hartnell, the First Doctor, was 55 when he took the role, which proved too demanding for him and he had to retire. (Starting this whole whacky, "Let's just say the Doctor Regenerates so we can change the actor every few years.)

Jon Pertwee was 50 when he took the role. Every other actor who ever took the role has been younger than that.

William Hartnell, the First Doctor, was 55 when he took the role, which proved too demanding for him and he had to retire. (Starting this whole whacky, "Let's just say the Doctor Regenerates so we can change the actor every few years.)

Jon Pertwee was 50 when he took the role. Every other actor who ever took the role has been younger than that.

He looks to be in good shape. Plus he if you go on past doctor, he only needs to be able to do it for a few years.

Hartnell was Ill....and had to leave....Troughton was around 55 when he was the Doctor...

he was in a tenth Doctor episode...." The Fires Of Pompeii".....played the head of the Roman household Caecilius.....so we are back to an older Doctor.....should be interesting....

He was also on Torchwood.

I think he might be good.

Ironically, when Matt Smith got the part, everyone said he was "Too Young".

Now they are talking about Peter like he's too old.

Hmmm.

I'll try not to hold the Torchwood thing against him, because I don't think I liked his character, or anything else they ever did on Torchwood.

Hartnell was Ill....and had to leave....Troughton was around 55 when he was the Doctor...

Actually, when he first got the roll in 1966, he was 46. He was a year younger than Jon Pertwee.

Incidenty, Troughton was responsible for the "Troughton Rule", which is you only play the roll for 3 years, which most of the actors have followed (Except Tom Baker and Pertwee.)

He looks to be in good shape. Plus he if you go on past doctor, he only needs to be able to do it for a few years.

Good points. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I think the important thing for any new actor in the role is to make sure that everyone knows your seizing the role and making it yours.

Matt Smith did that wonderfully, here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_s-b8Z9Suo]Doctor Who (Series 5) "The Eleventh Hour" - Run - YouTube[/ame]

Good points. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I think the important thing for any new actor in the role is to make sure that everyone knows your seizing the role and making it yours.

Matt Smith did that wonderfully, here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_s-b8Z9Suo]Doctor Who (Series 5) "The Eleventh Hour" - Run - YouTube[/ame]

I like Tennant more, but that scene is one of my favorites.
Matt Smith and the Ponds made me like the show, Tennant made me love it.

Last edited:

Actually, when he first got the roll in 1966, he was 46. He was a year younger than Jon Pertwee.

Incidenty, Troughton was responsible for the "Troughton Rule", which is you only play the roll for 3 years, which most of the actors have followed (Except Tom Baker and Pertwee.)

Wasn't tennant in for 4 Years?
2006 to 2010?

He was also on Torchwood.

I think he might be good.

Ironically, when Matt Smith got the part, everyone said he was "Too Young".

Now they are talking about Peter like he's too old.

Hmmm.

I'll try not to hold the Torchwood thing against him, because I don't think I liked his character, or anything else they ever did on Torchwood.

I have never been able to get into Torchwood and I loved Captain Jack.

Forum List

Back