All people in the Western world need to face reality, like it or not!

imawhosure

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Who will fire a nuclear weapon at Putin? NOBODY, unless their country is attacked. Nobody in the NATO alliance is going to shoot one off, because they are either DEMOCRACIES, or REPUBLICS. Never going to happen unless fired upon first. It is built into their governments. Don't believe me, look it up!

Since this is mostly an American board although we do have many Canadians along with others on here; lets talk about Trudy under a scenario, and by the way, is Canada in NATO-----------------> Russia finishes with Ukraine, and 18 months from now invades Poland. Poland supposedly has no nukes from what I read, think Trudy is going to suggest a thermal nuclear response to the invasion? How about Italy if they have any nukes? Germany? France? The USA? If they did, would they be seen in history as heroes or fools!

If a country has nukes under their control inside their borders, then it is incumbent upon them to decide to protect themselves, is it not? Yes, they will bear the brunt of the response, no doubt about it. When looking at it from Pootys view..............what good is taking over a country with massive nuclear fallout everywhere for 75 years, that you can not do anything with! This is why by logic, if you attack a country with Nukes who may shoot them at you to protect themselves as a last resort, it is a LOSE, LOSE. So he will NOT. He will attack countries if he does, that have no nukes, and defy NATO because he is crazy, but not stupid. He knows that nobody is going to exchange massive nukes destroying his world and ours, plus our systems of government is dead set against a first nuclear launch, for one country, or 2, or 3, and put their people on the line for someone else. They will do diplomacy, end of story. Do you blame them?

If Mr Pooty is going to attack another country after Ukraine in the near future, all you need do is look for countries in the surrounding areas that have no nukes to guess the next target. He knows.........or at least is pretty confidant, that a country WITH nukes will protect itself with them if all else fails, but that Western Democracies will not protect them, if it means a nuclear exchange of its own.

While I think Putin may on the verge of being crazy, think the man is a Communist a**hole, believe he an absolute pri**, and probably also a war criminal to boot, I also think he has gauged this correctly; and if he hasn't, God save us all.

Who will fire a nuclear weapon at Putin? NOBODY, unless their country is attacked. Nobody in the NATO alliance is going to shoot one off, because they are either DEMOCRACIES, or REPUBLICS. Never going to happen unless fired upon first. It is built into their governments. Don't believe me, look it up!

Since this is mostly an American board although we do have many Canadians along with others on here; lets talk about Trudy under a scenario, and by the way, is Canada in NATO-----------------> Russia finishes with Ukraine, and 18 months from now invades Poland. Poland supposedly has no nukes from what I read, think Trudy is going to suggest a thermal nuclear response to the invasion? How about Italy if they have any nukes? Germany? France? The USA? If they did, would they be seen in history as heroes or fools!

If a country has nukes under their control inside their borders, then it is incumbent upon them to decide to protect themselves, is it not? Yes, they will bear the brunt of the response, no doubt about it. When looking at it from Pootys view..............what good is taking over a country with massive nuclear fallout everywhere for 75 years, that you can not do anything with! This is why by logic, if you attack a country with Nukes who may shoot them at you to protect themselves as a last resort, it is a LOSE, LOSE. So he will NOT. He will attack countries if he does, that have no nukes, and defy NATO because he is crazy, but not stupid. He knows that nobody is going to exchange massive nukes destroying his world and ours, plus our systems of government is dead set against a first nuclear launch, for one country, or 2, or 3, and put their people on the line for someone else. They will do diplomacy, end of story. Do you blame them?

If Mr Pooty is going to attack another country after Ukraine in the near future, all you need do is look for countries in the surrounding areas that have no nukes to guess the next target. He knows.........or at least is pretty confidant, that a country WITH nukes will protect itself with them if all else fails, but that Western Democracies will not protect them, if it means a nuclear exchange of its own.

While I think Putin may on the verge of being crazy, think the man is a Communist a**hole, believe he an absolute pri**, and probably also a war criminal to boot, I also think he has gauged this correctly; and if he hasn't, God save us all.
I think whatever method Putin uses will be used against him.

I think whatever method Putin uses will be used against him.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. You are betting upon are fearless leaders to pick the correct choice. It is not anti-American to believe that those on high in our government will not.

How about photon torpedos

As the war goes on the less worried I am about Putin and Nukes. He aint going using any Nukes, he is bluffing. Even if he gets Ukraine it will be short lived with how many countries are against him and how many countries are helping Ukraine.

You think the first response if Russia attacks a NATO country is to reply with nukes? That's not how it works. The US and other NATO countries with nukes aren't going to send any over unless Russia launches first.

Even then, looking at the incompetence from Russia now I'm not even they could get a nuke missile to go far enough to leave their air space.

I find it hard to believe Russia is going to invade anyone for a long time. First the Russian military needs to be revamped. The Russian missiles and artillery seem to work but that’s about it. Ukraine might eventually up give rather than be completely destroyed but the Russians are going to find occupying the cites very difficult if the Ukrainians still have firearms and ammo.

Just a reasonable question---------> After seeing how Pooty basically blackmailed all of Europe by threatening a nuclear strike if they dared to get involved militarily, (and the whole world watched this happen) do we now still think it is a wise idea to cut another nuclear deal with the death to America crowd in Iran, that allows them with no restrictions but time, to develop their own nukes by 2027? That is correct people, I said 2027, and they will have ICBMs before that!

Ummm, you do know you do not need ICBMs to hit anything in the Middle East don't you? Uh yeah, ICBMs would be used to hit places in Europe, or I don't know, a place called the USA!

And you wonder why those seen as moderates in the Middle East won't even take Bidens phone calls. I wouldn't either!

It boils down to how willing is the participant to face certain obliteration. I'm not sure where the exact megatonnage limit for our atmosphere is but I do know that after Tsar Bomba (100 megaton weapon harnessed at half yeild) was set off by the USSR.... The radioactive residue lasted nearly a decade throughout the entire atmosphere. That was just one bomb.... Multiply that by roughly 100 and you can kiss pretty much current ecosystem that depends on the carbon cycle goodbye.

It boils down to how willing is the participant to face certain obliteration. I'm not sure where the exact megatonnage limit for our atmosphere is but I do know that after Tsar Bomba (100 megaton weapon harnessed at half yeild) was set off by the USSR.... The radioactive residue lasted nearly a decade throughout the entire atmosphere. That was just one bomb.... Multiply that by roughly 100 and you can kiss pretty much current ecosystem that depends on the carbon cycle goodbye.

With that, I agree with you 100%. How crazy are some of these people? I don't know!

To believe that as more, and more nut countries get these weapons, one of them isn't going to fire one is not a winning bet. If they kill their own people already, why would they care about someone else.

Not to be a bearer of bad news.............but I am reasonably convinced that Pooty fired that conventional head hyper sonic missile at Ukraine, just to show everyone that he had the technology, and that no known system as of yet, can shoot them down. If he has them, so does China. By my way of thinking, that changes the balance of world power significantly, especially if they also have the tech to shoot down slower ICBMs like we do. That is like going into a duel with pistols, and your opponent has a bullet proof vest, and you do not!

With that, I agree with you 100%. How crazy are some of these people? I don't know!

To believe that as more, and more nut countries get these weapons, one of them isn't going to fire one is not a winning bet. If they kill their own people already, why would they care about someone else.

Not to be a bearer of bad news.............but I am reasonably convinced that Pooty fired that conventional head hyper sonic missile at Ukraine, just to show everyone that he had the technology, and that no known system as of yet, can shoot them down. If he has them, so does China. By my way of thinking, that changes the balance of world power significantly, especially if they also have the tech to shoot down slower ICBMs like we do. That is like going into a duel with pistols, and your opponent has a bullet proof vest, and you do not!
WOW!.....That IS a sobering thought....China did not occur to me....yes....now Taiwan seems that much more probable.

Optimism is a wonderful thing. You are betting upon are fearless leaders to pick the correct choice. It is not anti-American to believe that those on high in our government will not.
What could happen is that NATO is much stronger than russia in every conceivable way

if putin invades a NATO country his half-assed joke of a military will be crushed and then he will threaten nuclear war

we cannot help that

the choice will be his alone

What freedom-loving people must decide is how to deal with the much greater menace of china

Xi seems determined to invade Taiwan while biden is president

we must not allow that to happen

Forum List

Back