After concealing her race, Black Indianapolis owner's home value more than doubled

The result? Carlette Duffy's appraised value more than doubled.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

There is no such thing as racism in this country.

Here house was just low balled because she works for the wrong person.

Smfh.
How the fuck does that work ? An agent generally works on a percentage so undervaluing cuts their fee.

I own three homes, and all of them were appraised for a flat fee.

My late brother in law specialized in high-end home appraisals ($1 million-plus) in San Diego. He did it for a flat fee...

It isn’t the fee that the story is about. It is the result. How much is the appraised value?

When will conservative white Americans ever get honest on the topic of race in America?

I wouldn't know ... I am a Conservative Native American.

I choose to identify as such, because I am not Native of any other country ...
And if we are just going to pick and choose, I'm cool with that.

I mean people have tried to argue with me about it, but that still hasn't diminished my ability to garner the results I want from society.
If you or someone you know is having problems, you might want to choose a different path.
Honestly ... If you insist of traveling the same road ... The destination will never change ... :thup:

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

Smfh.
When she moves out, the value of the house, and indeed the neighborhood, will double again.

I call bullshit. Assuming everything is true in the article, homes in black or white neighborhoods don’t go from $100K to $259K in 3 years right now. And I am unaware of any predominantly black neighborhoods that are considered so desirable to live in you can almost triple your money in 3 years.
Did the individual referenced in the OP live in a predominantly black neighborhood.

BTW, the fact that there's such a thing as white and/or black neighborhoods is more evidence to the depths of how insidious systemic racism is.
This is satire...right?

No, it's actually the way DemoKKKrats run cities they control. Everything is about their racism.

If we are all supposed to be decedents of the Golden Crescent or the Golden Triangle ...
At what point does that no longer matter, and your desire for racial division take over ... :thup:

When will conservative white Americans ever get honest on the topic of race in America?
I am not a "conservative" but I am honest. The reason you have so many problems is the color of your skin.

If you would just wear white paint, all your problems would evaporate.

:beer:

If we are all supposed to be decedents of the Golden Crescent or the Golden Triangle ...
At what point does that no longer matter, and your desire for racial division take over ... :thup:

Say hi to your governor, homie!

12571cf3-9803-44cf-927e-40b74c72aafe_1920x1080.jpg

I asked you a simple question. Do you believe that Jewish neighborhoods exist?
Yes, but I asked that very question dummy.
So you answered a question with a question. You were obviously raised poorly. Google Brookline, MA. This is where I live and find out for yourself.

Pretty nice neighborhood. See if you can afford to live here.

Smfh.

No they just found someone who would over appraise is all.

No ever under appraises a house. The higher the appraisal value the more money they make off their cut.

Only time race enters into the housing equation is if the house is in a black neighborhood, no one really wants to live in one of those. That's why black people with money don't live around other black people, even that BLM bitch used her ill-gotten funds to buy houses in white neighborhoods. But no one cares if a black person owns the house if it's in a nice area.

It's all about location, location, location. Not skin color. People are buying the house, not the person living in it.

And no, there isn't systemic racism. All there is are some random incidences here and there people that are isolated people will pull out of their ass to make mountains out of mole hills. This is an example of one of those instances. Anytime you want to find something you will find it, even if it's a lie you'll still find it.

Smfh.
How the fuck does that work ? An agent generally works on a percentage so undervaluing cuts their fee.

I own three homes, and all of them were appraised for a flat fee.

My late brother in law specialized in high-end home appraisals ($1 million-plus) in San Diego. He did it for a flat fee...

It isn’t the fee that the story is about. It is the result. How much is the appraised value?
I was responding to a question that was asked...

LoL!!! That's laughable.

What's laughable about it? We are the only people honest enough to discuss it. For instance, anytime you say anything negative about blacks, it's racist according to the left. We don't see it that way. It's what everybody already knows and statistics. That's what we discuss.

I wrote what happened to my suburb. It's the same thing that happened to the suburb I grew up in, and the neighborhood I lived until I was 7 years old; all great places until the blacks moved in. It's not just here, it's all across the country.

But to bring up FACTS is racist to the left because one acknowledges the obvious. You leftists never want to discuss the problem. You just want to end the conversation by saying it's racist and that's the end of that.

I've been trying to have mine under-appraised by half since I bought the place. What kind of idiot wants their appraisal increased??? Oh yeah, the dumbass racist thug lover who started the tread. Never mind.

Smfh.
I call bullshit. Assuming everything is true in the article, homes in black or white neighborhoods don’t go from $100K to $259K in 3 years right now. And I am unaware of any predominantly black neighborhoods that are considered so desirable to live in you can almost triple your money in 3 years.
That's because you are a racist moron that stays in your lily white neighborhood.

Forum List

Back