Mississippi man sentenced to more than 3 years in prison for burning a cross to intimidate Black family

This thread is a joke; right????

Yes; the guy's a tosser and so on but as odious as the action is; jail time?? IF the only reason was because the neighbours were Black then he's a jerk. Sounds like a wind up thread!!!

Greg
A racist jerk. Let's be sure to call him what he actually is.

AMississippi man has been sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison for burning a cross in his front yard to intimidate a Black family, according to a news release from the US Justice Department.

Axel Cox, 24, was sentenced to 42 months in connection to the cross burning, which happened in December 2020 and violated the Fair Housing Act, the release said, adding Cox “admitted that he lit the cross on fire because the victims were Black and that he intended to scare them into moving out of the neighborhood.”

Justice Department leaders condemned Cox’s actions, with Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division calling them “an abhorrent act that used a traditional symbol of hatred and violence to stoke fear and drive a Black family out of their home.

According to the Justice Department, Cox “wedged two pieces of wood together to form a cross, placed it in clear view of the victims’ residence,” following a dispute with the victims and “doused it in oil and set it alight. During this incident, Cox yelled threats and racial slurs toward the occupants of the house.”
AA18xgw9.img

Was his rights violated?

Can you burn a cross on your lawn if you want to?
Most places have ordinances about having open fires in your yard.

A racist jerk. Let's be sure to call him what he actually is.
Is he? What's THEIR side of the story?? As usual it isn't mentioned, so at this point he's a JERK. Is there a Court Transcript somewhere?

Greg

"following a dispute with the victims ...."...about what???????

Why isn't that mentioned except as an aside?

Greg

AMississippi man has been sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison for burning a cross in his front yard to intimidate a Black family, according to a news release from the US Justice Department.

Axel Cox, 24, was sentenced to 42 months in connection to the cross burning, which happened in December 2020 and violated the Fair Housing Act, the release said, adding Cox “admitted that he lit the cross on fire because the victims were Black and that he intended to scare them into moving out of the neighborhood.”

Justice Department leaders condemned Cox’s actions, with Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division calling them “an abhorrent act that used a traditional symbol of hatred and violence to stoke fear and drive a Black family out of their home.

According to the Justice Department, Cox “wedged two pieces of wood together to form a cross, placed it in clear view of the victims’ residence,” following a dispute with the victims and “doused it in oil and set it alight. During this incident, Cox yelled threats and racial slurs toward the occupants of the house.”
AA18xgw9.img

Was his rights violated?

This is great. Justice served. No burning wood on Black Peoples’ lawns in 2023. Now, if we can just get Blacks to stop lighting whites on fire. Can you burn white people if you want to?

Took me a while to find it:

Davis told the Biloxi Sun Herald that Cox was reacting to his neighbors allegedly shooting and killing his dog. He added that his client acted “totally inappropriately.”

Why does Superassbrutha hate dogs?? Hey bru; you in favor of shooting a neighbour's dog? You got any facts on that aspect of it???

Greg

Last edited:

AA18xgw9.img

Was his rights violated?

If burning an American flag is free speech, so is this

Took me a while to find it:

Davis told the Biloxi Sun Herald that Cox was reacting to his neighbors allegedly shooting and killing his dog. He added that his client acted “totally inappropriately.”

Why does Superassbrutha hate dogs?? Hey bru; you in favor of shooting a neighbour's dog? You got any facts on that aspect of it???

Greg
So why not call the cops. Why do we resort to cross burnings and racial intimidation. I swear, humans are devolving day after day. Anyone ever heard of emotional intelligence?

So why not call the cops. Why do we resort to cross burnings and racial intimidation. I swear, humans are devolving day after day. Anyone ever heard of emotional intelligence?
You tell ME; I only found out it was over the "victims" shooting his dog at about the 50th attempt.

Was the shooting of the dog legal?? Did the Police even investigate??

Of course it would have been a better option IF the Police had done their job!!! Do you KNOW if they did? In the words of the song:

"the dog up and died
after 20 years he still grieves..."

Still; the cross burning was stupid!!!

Greg

Dog lovers don't have emotional intelligence???

iu

Greg

You tell ME; I only found out it was over the "victims" shooting his dog at about the 50th attempt.

Was the shooting of the dog legal?? Did the Police even investigate??

Of course it would have been a better option IF the Police had done their job!!! Do you KNOW if they did? In the words of the song:

"the dog up and died
after 20 years he still grieves..."

Still; the cross burning was stupid!!!

Greg
I think what we are learning in this situation is very common across all news reports; usually there are a lot of unanswered questions. We have seen it numerous times.

This is great. Justice served. No burning wood on Black Peoples’ lawns in 2023. Now, if we can just get Blacks to stop lighting whites on fire. Can you burn white people if you want to?

What happened to the criminals who brutalized and murdered the Newsoms?

How many murders of black folks do you think I could post and their murderers have NEVER been brought to the Bar of Justice.

This thread is a joke; right????

Yes; the guy's a tosser and so on but as odious as the action is; jail time?? IF the only reason was because the neighbours were Black then he's a jerk. Sounds like a wind up thread!!!

Greg

Of course his neighbors are completly blameless and innocent no doubt. Black people never do nuttin.

Forum List

Back