After concealing her race, Black Indianapolis owner's home value more than doubled

The result? Carlette Duffy's appraised value more than doubled.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

There is no such thing as racism in this country.

Here house was just low balled because she works for the wrong person.

Smfh.
But I thought Republicans said that there's no such thing as systemic racism.
Exactly, just look at the folks who have come on here and want to call the woman a liar, claim the house wasn't worth it and blah, blah blah. It's par for the course.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

Smfh.
i don’t disclose my race on anything that ask.

there is no reason to
So do they appraise your house from outside?

Smfh.
Exactly, just look at the folks who have come on here and want to call the woman a liar, claim the house wasn't worth it and blah, blah blah. It's par for the course.

Certainly par for the course in places run by people like you (such as Indianapolis).

I've been trying to have mine under-appraised by half since I bought the place. What kind of idiot wants their appraisal increased??? Oh yeah, the dumbass racist thug lover who started the tread. Never mind.

I had to fight to get my appraised lower by the county. I guess I'm a victim of racism as well since the county was taxing me at twice the value the appraisal company said my properties were worth.

Smfh.

Any house ownd by a Negro is probably a dump and not worth much.
Exactly.

They should just stop being black.....but sadly, the black just won't wash off.

They are to be pitied.
Proud to be black, racist coward.

Smfh.

This is your proof? :auiqs.jpg: This is why you people aren't taken seriously by most others.
This is just one of many.

That's because you are a racist moron that stays in your lily white neighborhood.
You can come to my lilly brown neighborhood but I don't think you would fit in. Immigrants from India have figured out how to cover up their dark brown skin and look white. It's reflected in their success and really smart kids.

Why can't black people figure out how to be white, like brown Indians (dot, not feather).

:laughing0301:

Paint your skin!!!!

That's because you are a racist moron that stays in your lily white neighborhood.
You can come to my lilly brown neighborhood but I don't think you would fit in. Immigrants from India have figured out how to cover up their dark brown skin and look white. It's reflected in their success and really smart kids.

Why can't black people figure out how to be white, like brown Indians (dot, not feather).

Paint your skin!!!!

Do they all run 7-11s and Dunkin Donuts like Joe Biden claimed?

Smfh.

Exactly.

They are to be pitied.
You sure DON'T act like it.

You should paint your skin white so you can live normally, without all this racism oppressing you.

Paint your skin!!!!

Do they all run 7-11s and Dunkin Donuts like Joe Biden claimed?
I guess so. Apparently, the 7-11 business is quite profitable.

I thought today's conservatives are always harping on about "being like MLK" and "not seeing color" and whatnot.

Tell us, why are there such things as white neighborhoods and black neighborhoods?

Because when blacks move in, whites move out. If I didn't have a business where I live, I'd move the hell out of here because of the blacks. The noise, the garbage all over the streets, the closed down stores, the shootings, the assaults and murders. That never took place when I first moved here 35 years ago and it was all white. We used to go to bed at night with our doors open. Never had a problem.
I don't understand how someone who hates black folks so much, lives in an area that is predominately black, high crime, etc.

What do you own? Sal's Pizzeria.

1621372212068.png

Smfh.

This is your proof? :auiqs.jpg: This is why you people aren't taken seriously by most others.
This is just one of many.
By "you people" he means you black people who refuse to skin bleach.

I'm here to help.

Smfh.

Exactly.

They are to be pitied.

You should paint your skin white so you can live normally, without all this racism oppressing you.
I'll pass, I look too good being black.

I don't understand how someone who hates black folks so much, lives in an area that is predominately black
It's almost as if he....I don't know....DOESN'T HATE BLACK PEOPLE!!!

That can't be right. The mere sight of black skin makes white people immediately become overwhelmed with hatred. It's almost magic.

Last edited:
Yes

The order says Jews can be considered to have been targeted on the basis of their nationality or race as Jews.
OK, your argument is that it's an either/or and both/and situation, right?
I asked you a simple question. Do you believe that Jewish neighborhoods exist?
Do black Jewish folks exist?

Smfh.

Exactly.

They are to be pitied.

I'll pass, I look too good being black.
You may look good being black, but according to you and the Dems, it makes you stupid and poor. I wouldn't tempt fate. Go white, like all those immigrants from India in my neighborhood have done. It has worked wonders for their success.

Smfh.
I call bullshit. Assuming everything is true in the article, homes in black or white neighborhoods don’t go from $100K to $259K in 3 years right now. And I am unaware of any predominantly black neighborhoods that are considered so desirable to live in you can almost triple your money in 3 years.
And if that helps my property value, good!

My home here in northeastern Florida last appraised at $960,000. It's 4,300 square feet. I paid $540,000 for it five years ago.

A mere five miles away you'd be hard pressed to find even a single house listed for over $100,000. Why? Because the neighborhood's a fuckin' negro-infested war zone, that's why. Shitty houses inhabited by shitty Section 8 scumbags.

If a lilly white neighborhood (we do have a lovely black family two doors down, though) gets me more when I sell, that's fine by me...

Yes

The order says Jews can be considered to have been targeted on the basis of their nationality or race as Jews.
OK, your argument is that it's an either/or and both/and situation, right?
I asked you a simple question. Do you believe that Jewish neighborhoods exist?
Do black Jewish folks exist?
Maybe, if they convert. I honestly believe Jesus (if he existed) was black.
:dunno:

No wonder the Roman police killed him. Dude was the bad color.

I don't understand how someone who hates black folks so much, lives in an area that is predominately black
It's almost as it he....I din't know....DOES'NT HATE BLACK PEOPLE!!!

That can't be right. The mere sight of black skin makes white people immediately become overwhelmed with hatred. It's almost magic.
Yea racist whites like you, most white folks are not like you.

Forum List

Back