A world with out America

Not the most factual piece of satire, but amusing!

The democratization of Nicaraugua, well that one was abit offensive...
I guess the part about tyrants (Saddam) having power was only funny because I don't have to live under a US-supported disctatorship, too.

Actually, most of that was a bit offensive (only because America has been on the wrong side of many of those situations).

Hard to imagine the world's biggest polluter having never polluted, and the world being WORSE off...hmmm.

I guess the exploited third-world would be saddled with more democracy, and international law would actually mean something...
AMERICA! DON'T LEAVE US!

• Banned

I guess the part about tyrants (Saddam) having power was only funny because I don't have to live under a US-supported disctatorship, too.

Actually, most of that was a bit offensive (only because America has been on the wrong side of many of those situations).

Hard to imagine the world's biggest polluter having never polluted, and the world being WORSE off...hmmm.

I guess the exploited third-world would be saddled with more democracy, and international law would actually mean something...
AMERICA! DON'T LEAVE US!

Where in the world do you get this? your pipe you smoke? either you've been caged up and shown propagande videos your whole life or you just hate America, in which case Canada ain't much better. And if the west is so out of control go back to where you came from if it is so bad!
I try and look at things better than before but this doesn't make sense to me your logic. Everything has a angle but if this nation weren't here those could be real topics in this world today.

Where in the world do you get this? your pipe you smoke? either you've been caged up and shown propagande videos your whole life or you just hate America, in which case Canada ain't much better. And if the west is so out of control go back to where you came from if it is so bad!
I try and look at things better than before but this doesn't make sense to me your logic. Everything has a angle but if this nation weren't here those could be real topics in this world today.

Attack my specifics if I'm wrong.

Go back where I came from? take it easy buddy...

• Banned
Attack my specifics if I'm wrong.

Go back where I came from? take it easy buddy...

My point is this, don't hide behind all these freedoms of speech and say:
most of that was a bit offensive
And I was referring to the Hooka.
Ever think that your comments are offensive? I don't think I've out right come and said something totally demeaning have I? besides go back to your native land. If I've done so I appolgize.
I get the feeling it is a no win sometimes with you, is that how it is?

It is not a no-win, it's a make a logical argument situation.
Basically, I listed things that I thought were offensive, I used that word lightly because it IS satire I was critiquing... a little humourous video.

Besides, why would you be offended? Do you think US involvement in Nicaraugua was benign? Or to support democracy?

Don't you agree the US is a huge polluter?
These are not insults to you, or America - they are legitimate concerns of people who disagree with supporting dictatorships, flouting international law, etc. Nothing I say is intended to rub salt in your eye, in fact I thought we had some nice debating going on... but please takeon my points and either show me where I went wrong, and I'll happily adjust my view - or maybe, possibly, even agree with something I say.

• Banned
You live in Canada right? they pollute infact every nation pollutes. You buy stuff from store made in China and India right? They pollute far worse than we do.
You drive a motorized vehicle? you pollute amd I do too. I guess how I read this rubs me because debating is one thing but being one up on ever subject isn't fun. I have learned a few things and it has opened my eyes to a few things as well and note taken.

You live in Canada right? they pollute infact every nation pollutes. You buy stuff from store made in China and India right? They pollute far worse than we do.
You drive a motorized vehicle? you pollute amd I do too. I guess how I read this rubs me because debating is one thing but being one up on ever subject isn't fun. I have learned a few things and it has opened my eyes to a few things as well and note taken.

I don't drive, and yes Canada is a horrible polluter, it just has a small population. Canada's enviro record is abysmal and the current PM is a retard. Agreed.
I don't see how any of that proves America is not the worst polluter, though... and really, India and China are polluting like crazy now, of course, and they should use greener technologies and all that... but the current nasty pollution problem occurred over a period of time in which OTHER nations were the prime polluters... so I just think more responsibility rests on those who created the mes to start cleaning it up.

And 'one up' on every subject? I make the points I think of regarding the debate at hand, not just for the sake of it... please, post a thread about Canada being an environmental hypocrite and see if I disagree...

the world would be better off without people.....

the rest of the planet, and all other species, yes.

But for every massacre, for every rape, murder, theft, abuse we commit against ourselves or the planet, we also have some serious triumphs... not sure if symphonies, art, architecture, nobility, kindness, and the other cool things we do matter to non-humans, but hey - if aliens land at least we can answer the question: What's so great about humans?

hmmm... just got an idea for a new thread.

the rest of the planet, and all other species, yes.

But for every massacre, for every rape, murder, theft, abuse we commit against ourselves or the planet, we also have some serious triumphs... not sure if symphonies, art, architecture, nobility, kindness, and the other cool things we do matter to non-humans, but hey - if aliens land at least we can answer the question: What's so great about humans?

hmmm... just got an idea for a new thread.

What's so great about humans? .... we are human.

I don't drive, and yes Canada is a horrible polluter, it just has a small population. Canada's enviro record is abysmal and the current PM is a retard. Agreed.
I don't see how any of that proves America is not the worst polluter, though... and really, India and China are polluting like crazy now, of course, and they should use greener technologies and all that... but the current nasty pollution problem occurred over a period of time in which OTHER nations were the prime polluters... so I just think more responsibility rests on those who created the mes to start cleaning it up.

And 'one up' on every subject? I make the points I think of regarding the debate at hand, not just for the sake of it... please, post a thread about Canada being an environmental hypocrite and see if I disagree...

I don't have the issue of debating, but it is better if nobody comments to your post because you always have the easy way out. My opinion of course, until we all stop comsuming and buying things and work from home this situation won't quit. Greener technologies is a good theory when really looking at the price of goods and mandated requirements to stay on track with green ideas. Our prices would go out the roof and it wouldn't be profitable. We all make too high of salaries for one and we've become over educated for another and as long as out sourcing to the primary means to achieve work; who is going to want to change anything?

My opinion of course, until we all stop comsuming and buying things and work from home this situation won't quit. Greener technologies is a good theory when really looking at the price of goods and mandated requirements to stay on track with green ideas. Our prices would go out the roof and it wouldn't be profitable. We all make too high of salaries for one and we've become over educated for another and as long as out sourcing to the primary means to achieve work; who is going to want to change anything?

Unfortunately, I agree.

I listened to several Democratic Presidential runners last night on C-Span and issues were brought up about Green alternatives in our country and selling this technology abroad. Sounded lame at this stage because we as a nation need our government to mandate these requirements now and enforce green alternatives now. I'm not a tree hugger, I'm intrigued that we have technology that can save recourses and keep our air cleaner and over the long term possibly keep prices at a fair market value over the savings seen by these newer technologies. I'd rather see truth than hot air being spouted about for the vote!
Some of the areas I like and think are easiely obtainable are:
Solar power for cars and homes, electric vehicles used in cities and cleaner fossil fuels used in industry.

Have you heard anything about geo-thermal energy? I think it uses pipes that go deep into the earth from your home, and cycle back into it using the cooling or heating that naturally occurs... something like that, but once in place - it seems easy to maintain and basically free energy...it costs a fair amount to do from scratch, but if all new homes had to have that system in it, power consumption would drop a lot I bet... plus, if you were to sell your home - what a great feature...

glad to hear you were listening to the cspan or whatever, I wish more effort was made to make democracy/politics/ideas etc palatable to average viewers... maybe some of the directors of celeb news shows should run production!

Have you heard anything about geo-thermal energy? I think it uses pipes that go deep into the earth from your home, and cycle back into it using the cooling or heating that naturally occurs... something like that, but once in place - it seems easy to maintain and basically free energy...it costs a fair amount to do from scratch, but if all new homes had to have that system in it, power consumption would drop a lot I bet... plus, if you were to sell your home - what a great feature...

glad to hear you were listening to the cspan or whatever, I wish more effort was made to make democracy/politics/ideas etc palatable to average viewers... maybe some of the directors of celeb news shows should run production!

I have heard of the geo-thermal systems in our area, since I live rural area I know that our oil company I use is selling these plans. I actually need a new boiler and that alone would save me a lot of money annually on fuel delivery. I have a 575 gallon tank and right now I get filled partially 3 times a year. I never run out of fuel but I partially top it off. Once I replaced my aged trust boiler I could fill up once a year maybe twice. Since my home is older it would cost a lot of money to reconfigure my heating alone so the boiler replacement is the better way to go. I do know even though it is 30 plus years old it is as efficient as it can be given all things.
I liked many of the candidates but it is real early to really lay down the song and dance from either party. At least they are willing to at least address these concerns but IMO many of the answers were off the cuff.

AMERICA! DON'T LEAVE US!

What exactly was satire about it?

I mean there were definitely some inaccuracies. for example, without America there would have been no television.

International law has never meant anything. thats it's major flaw.

Saddled with Democracy? Is Representative government somehow a bad thing? Considering how much we feed the rest of the world, they of course would be so much better off without us.

What exactly was satire about it?

I mean there were definitely some inaccuracies. for example, without America there would have been no television.

International law has never meant anything. thats it's major flaw.

Saddled with Democracy? Is Representative government somehow a bad thing? Considering how much we feed the rest of the world, they of course would be so much better off without us.

No TV? That's like saying without A. G. Bell there'd be no phone! When there was a race on to create it decided by timing of the patents (I believe). Like the plane, phone, light bulb, there are more than one source for invention, it just happens only one person gets the credit... so TV would have been invented by someone else, somewhere else.

International law CAN mean something if nations want it to, but with the most powerful nations actively thwarting international law - you're right, means nothing. Kinda funny though, the US yelling at Iran... like Mike Tyson sueing someone for assault.

Reprsentative democracy? Where? It's tough to find, but I only think the US would be better off being more democratic, I'm all for democracy. Well, I stop short of beating someone up to convince them, but you get the idea.

Forum List

Back