A world with out America

America has brought a lot of good and a lot of bad (as have many other countries)...the only difference now is that US has the limelight.

You live in Canada right? they pollute infact every nation pollutes. You buy stuff from store made in China and India right? They pollute far worse than we do.
You drive a motorized vehicle? you pollute amd I do too. I guess how I read this rubs me because debating is one thing but being one up on ever subject isn't fun. I have learned a few things and it has opened my eyes to a few things as well and note taken.

Countries like China and India have become big polluters because they've been outsourced by countries like US/Canada to provide cheap labour.

the world would be better off without people.....

Most probably true but we wouldn't be around to know for sure

What's so great about humans? .... we are human.

Nothing really, we just we just have a sense of self-importance that tells us we're important

You are very much correct. Jealousy, hate, envy are what alot of countries feel toward us. They forget what the United States has done for them and also forget that they are still around just because the United States exists.

No offence, but it's attitudes like yours that results in anti-america rhetoric. Other countries are NOT jealous of america or americans. America is viewed as big selfish school yard bully...perhaps that might give you a little insight.

No offence, but it's attitudes like yours that results in anti-america rhetoric. Other countries are NOT jealous of america or americans. America is viewed as big selfish school yard bully...perhaps that might give you a little insight.

I'm sorry, make me understand how we are viewed upon as the school yard bully.
We usually help people and Countries in need don't we?

I'm sorry, make me understand how we are viewed upon as the school yard bully.
We usually help people and Countries in need don't we?

Please clarify or give examples of what you mean by helping other people and countries? Please also take note if the end result is better, worse or the same and for whom.

Well I asked you to help me, but I guess I will help myself.

35 million was donated to the tsunami of Asia, I don't think we asked for it back.
I believe as far as far as World Aid is concerned, the United States is the largest giver. Americans are very giving; it is the way we are.
It's our tax bucks that do it.

One more, just thought of it.
Would Europe be as you know it today if not for the intervention of the United States during the past 50 years?

Well I asked you to help me, but I guess I will help myself.

35 million was donated to the tsunami of Asia, I don't think we asked for it back.
I believe as far as far as World Aid is concerned, the United States is the largest giver. Americans are very giving; it is the way we are.

That's actually false. Western nations agreed to give .7% of their GDP for foreign assistance - the US is 22 out of 22 - giving .22%

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp#ForeignAidNumbersinChartsandGraphs

You don't think the richest nations (who became that way due exploiting, colonization, slavery, etc poorer nations) have a social responsibility to give back- especially when there's an over abundance?

Please clarify or give examples of what you mean by helping other people and countries? Please also take note if the end result is better, worse or the same and for whom.

We give billions in military aid to Israel. The results have been :thup: for both sides. They get tanks and airplanes to defend themselves and we get doctors, lawyers, bankers, and Hollywood filmmakers. It's money well spent.

That's actually false. Western nations agreed to give .7% of their GDP for foreign assistance - the US is 22 out of 22 - giving .22%

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp#ForeignAidNumbersinChartsandGraphs

You don't think the richest nations (who became that way due exploiting, colonization, slavery, etc poorer nations) have a social responsibility to give back- especially when there's an over abundance?
Obligated? hmmm, maybe to an extent. Charity comes from the heart my friend.
I do believe there is a slight obligation to help others less fortunate to help themselves. In cases like we are discussing now, yes, help all you can.

:rofl:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Read your own links. You're looking at aid given as a percentage of GDP. We have the highest GDP in the world. .22% of our GDP that we gave aways is more than 600% of the GDP of Haiti. Look at the numbers in your chart:

The USA gave out 27 billion in 2005. The next highest was Japan at 13 billion.

And that doesn't even include foreign aid from not-for-profit organizations and private charities.

:rofl:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Read your own links. You're looking at aid given as a percentage of GDP. We have the highest GDP in the world. .22% of our GDP that we gave aways is more than 600% of the GDP of Haiti. Look at the numbers in your chart:

The USA gave out 27 billion in 2005. The next highest was Japan at 13 billion.

And that doesn't even include foreign aid from not-for-profit organizations and private charities.

D'oh really?? :eusa_doh: I'm looking at percentages? Really? Do ya think? Re-read again chicken ball, did I not just say that?? Thanks for pointing it out again :bowdown:

Hi Puddle. You never replied to my question to you about U.S intervention in Europe.

Actually I purposely didn't answer that because it's going to turn into another argument where I'm going to be attacked for being anti-american on this right-wing nutboard...normally I wouldn't mind but the ratio of lunatics and normal people isn't quite balanced on here and I don't have the energy.:lol:

Actually I purposely didn't answer that because it's going to turn into another argument where I'm going to be attacked for being anti-american on this right-wing nutboard...normally I wouldn't mind but the ratio of lunatics and normal people isn't quite balanced on here and I don't have the energy.:lol:
OK:eusa_angel:

D'oh really?? :eusa_doh: I'm looking at percentages? Really? Do ya think? Re-read again chicken ball, did I not just say that?? Thanks for pointing it out again :bowdown:

No dothead you claimed that tnfzpaul's statement was false when it was actually correct. Your link proves that tfnzpaul's statement was correct.

tfnzpaul said:
puddles said:
That's actually false...

We are the largest giver in the world by a massive number. We give 100% more than the second next country on that list. I could care less if we're meeting some .7% GDP marker set by one of the most beauracratic organizations in the world. We give twice as much as anyone else and you're crying that we should give almost three times more than what we're already giving.

Proof that America Gives More

No dothead you claimed that tnfzpaul's statement was false when it was actually correct. Your link proves that tfnzpaul's statement was correct.

We are the largest giver in the world by a massive number. We give 100% more than the second next country on that list. I could care less if we're meeting some .7% GDP marker set by one of the most beauracratic organizations in the world. We give twice as much as anyone else and you're crying that we should give almost three times more than what we're already giving.

Proof that America Gives More

LMAO!! Dothead?! Damn. Don't think I ever wanted to rep you twice in the same hour... Gotta spread it, tho.

LOL...shattered is all excited and happy dirt called me dothead but doesn't know why he called me that ....LOL. Please continue to rep him...we're friends and I know it means a lot to him, especially coming from you :rofl:

Forum List

Back