A Socialized Medicine Death Sentence

Socialized medicine is ultimately a death sentence on everyone who passes a certain age, and is put on the death list of people no longer deemed worthy of receiving medical treatment.

All medicine is ultimately a death sentence and leaves certain groups at risk. For example if you can't afford health care, you're put on a "death list" (to use your terminology)

Socialized medicine is ultimately a death sentence on everyone who passes a certain age, and is put on the death list of people no longer deemed worthy of receiving medical treatment.

All medicine is ultimately a death sentence and leaves certain groups at risk. For example if you can't afford health care, you're put on a "death list" (to use your terminology)
We had a pretty good system until the Democrats took a wrecking ball to it with Obamacare.

Interesting how this completely valid discussion on healthcare gets placed in the 'rubber room'..............

It's actually not. That was a mistake - I had it selected in one tab to merge, then had to move another thread and inadvertently moved both selected threads - apologe.

We had a pretty good system until the Democrats took a wrecking ball to it with Obamacare.

Not really. Many people had no insurance and couldn't afford healthcare.

That's deceptive....

This is a really tragic story, especially for the parents, but it's being manipulated. The child is on life support, and severely braindamaged from the genetic disease. The parents are reaching out for anything that might help, understandably but what they've found is a treatment that works for another genetic disease, whom experts unanimously agree won't help with this one and nothing will reverse the the brain organ destruction that has already occurred to the point where the child has to be on life support.

No the missed point is " WTH are the courts to decide if this kid lives or dies. They won't allow them to the US.
If they allowed this baby to the US he could have a chance.

Who are these courts to decide if this baby can go or not. That should be a parents choice and options not some fkn court system.

That's deceptive....

This is a really tragic story, especially for the parents, but it's being manipulated. The child is on life support, and severely braindamaged from the genetic disease. The parents are reaching out for anything that might help, understandably but what they've found is a treatment that works for another genetic disease, whom experts unanimously agree won't help with this one and nothing will reverse the the brain organ destruction that has already occurred to the point where the child has to be on life support.

So, what is to prevent the panel from voting for death regarding Downs Syndrome births, deformities, blindness?
Because that is where this is headed... Parents should be making decisions for their children, not death panels.
No, it's not where it is headed. My Mom had to make the decision to "pull the plug" when my stepfather was on irreversible life support. It happens all the time. How many families do have to make that decision. When your body can't breathe on its own and your brain no longer functions, why do you want to keep that person alive?
Kids with Downs Syndrome, deformities or blindness don't require life support. Think about what you're saying.

They had 1.7 million dollar for this baby to come to the US

They had 1.7 million dollar for this baby to come to the US

Yes, I saw but that wasn't what I was responding to.

That's deceptive....

No the missed point is " WTH are the courts to decide if this kid lives or dies. They won't allow them to the US.

Who are these courts to decide if this baby can go or not. That should be a parents choice and options not some fkn court system.

Right....government control of our healthcare and our education system only leads to death and slavery.....

Typical LWNJ response. Deflect, redirect, misunderstand, change the subject. You can't teach a closed mind Doc.

Oh depending Medicaid, and the GOP wants rid of it. You RWNJ's only care about the fetus in the womb. Don't pretend you are pro life you are just anti Title X and Medicaid.

Sweetie, YOU are one of the biggest nut jobs on this board. You are a liar to boot.

Life vs death. Who are we to kill children that we feel are too defective to live on our earth? Good thing the above child was not born in today's society....

Without the advanced medical technology that has been breathing for this child, feeding this child, the child would have died long ago. We should THINK before hooking people up to machines like this, if it is a no-hope situation. Would you want to live on like that? Why do you wish it on anyone else? Of course I understand supporting life if there is hope of recovery. Otherwise, why?

That's deceptive....

Courts have and do make those decisions at times and according to the the experts involved in that experimental therapy - it would not have helped this baby and it couldn't reverse the damaged brain tissue even if it could halt the destruction. It's a horrible thing for the parents and I totally sympathize with them.

If parents aren't acting in the best interests of the child - should courts step in? That is also a slippery slope but what would you do in the following cases:
Letting them die: parents refuse medical help for children in the name of Christ

Not sure why the right wing is against socialized medicine. Almost all first world countries have it. A list I got off wiki below, didn't see South Korea, but they have it. Just think, back in the 1960's South Korea was a third world country, now they are becoming a wealthy country. Looks like socialized medicine didn't hurt them any while they grew their economy. Maybe if USA would stop trying to be the world's policeman while making 'defense' contractors (defense, yeah right) fabulously wealthy, there might be some money left over for decent and affordable health care. For all.

Countries with universal health care include Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia,Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom

Some lives aren't meant to be lived. We really need to change societal attitudes about death; I have sympathy for the parents but they need to let their poor baby go. He'd be a vegetable sitting in his own crap if he survived - that's a terrible fate to wish on anyone.

No we didn't. I remember it well.

Typical LWNJ response. Deflect, redirect, misunderstand, change the subject. You can't teach a closed mind Doc.

Oh depending Medicaid, and the GOP wants rid of it. You RWNJ's only care about the fetus in the womb. Don't pretend you are pro life you are just anti Title X and Medicaid.

Sweetie, YOU are one of the biggest nut jobs on this board. You are a liar to boot.

What did I lie about? What is the GOP plan? Can't wait to hear this. I reserve being called sweetie by my husband.

Not sure why the right wing is against socialized medicine. Almost all first world countries have it. A list I got off wiki below, didn't see South Korea, but they have it. Just think, back in the 1960's South Korea was a third world country, now they are becoming a wealthy country. Looks like socialized medicine didn't hurt them any while they grew their economy. Maybe if USA would stop trying to be the world's policeman while making 'defense' contractors (defense, yeah right) fabulously wealthy, there might be some money left over for decent and affordable health care. For all.

Countries with universal health care include Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia,Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom

For starters read the article.

What did I lie about? What is the GOP plan? Can't wait to hear this. I reserve being called sweetie by my husband.

About there not being a cap on Medicare.

Not all these countries have single payer national healthcare. For example many of the Nordic systems are single payer but have localized (not national) systems where you can keep a better eye on who is managing. There are some with nationalized systems but not single payer like Germany, Holland, and Switzerland which have insurance systems from the private sector. Germany for example has 130 of them. An example of a country that has both a national and a single payer system is Britain. However the National Health Service in Britain is known for its many problems.

It's Surprising How Few Countries Have National, Single Payer, Health Care Systems

About there not being a cap on Medicare.

I don't believe there was ever a cap on Medicare, and no individual cap on Medicaid. The ACA affected Medicaid and allowed more people on it, except in some GOP run states, like 18 or 19. Those same states one must have a child and live as a family to qualify and dirt poor, or disabled.

Forum List

Back