Frozen embryos are ‘children,’ Alabama Supreme Court rules in couples’ wrongful death suits

the People of this State have adopted a Constitutional amendment directly aimed at stopping courts from excluding ‘unborn life’ from legal protection.”

That isnt a religious argument, dummy.

The People of Alabama have declared the public policy of this State to be that unborn human life is sacred,” Chief Justice Tom Parker wrote in his concurring opinion. “We believe that each human being, from the moment of conception, is made in the image of God, created by Him to reflect His likeness.”

This is how laws are decided in Alabama?

The People of Alabama have declared the public policy of this State to be that unborn human life is sacred,” Chief Justice Tom Parker wrote in his concurring opinion. “We believe that each human being, from the moment of conception, is made in the image of God, created by Him to reflect His likeness.”

This is how laws are decided in Alabama?
Yes laws are based on our beliefs. That’s how democracy works. Don’t ya just hate democracy?

Does the constitution forbid religious influence on law?

No it does not.

Your “separation of church and state” is a complete fabrication.
Yes
That is what separation of church and state means

Because of this batshit ruling IVF clinics are refusing to help parents have children

This is an incredibly crazy ruling by a Court using nothing but religious arguments.
qose07oow6kc1.jpeg

Are you claiming those embryos aren’t human?
No we're claiming those embryos aren't persons. If you want to die on the hill of saying they are. And face the electoral consequences of this ruling which is a direct result of that opinion, I'd say " go for it." Try to explain to the American people that IVF results in murder.

No we're claiming those embryos aren't persons. If you want to die on the hill of saying they are. And face the electoral consequences of this ruling which is a direct result of that opinion, I'd say " go for it." Try to explain to the American people that IVF results in murder.
This “ruling” means ANY abortion at any time for any reason is murder.

It could even leave a pregnant mother open to charges of manslaughter for miscarriages

It could even leave a pregnant mother open to charges of manslaughter for miscarriages
If it wasn't so tragic, I would be laughing. It's so politically toxic.

When the Supreme Court first overruled Roe I said that it would become a huge political albatross. Because I figured that purely from a political standpoint hay could be made out of all the tragedies.

If anything, I underestimated both the impact and how far some states would go. If the GOP isn't capable of unhitching themselves from this reproductive rights train it'll completely destroy it. In the meantime though countless people will suffer.

The ruling doesn’t make abortion murder.

The act of taking the life of an unborn baby makes it murder.

The ruling doesn’t make abortion murder.

The act of taking the life of an unborn baby makes it murder.
This would make that murder from the minute of conception

And it’s not an “unborn baby “ at that point.

It’s an embryo

Forum List

Back