A 7-year-old told her bus driver she couldn’t wake her parents. Police found them dead at home.

As long as politicians continue to push for decriminalization -- starting with pot -- the message sent is that recreational drug use is OK.
This story and the heroin epidemic in middle America are the inevitable result.

Decriminalization works splendidly well when it is part of a harm reduction policy with small amounts of whatever drug.

Disagree. Decriminalization of pot has led to heroin issues. When the tone is set that it's all OK, people take more steps. Human nature.
Drug use is not as inevitable as lefties insist. But the more accepted it is, the more inevitable it becomes.

As long as politicians continue to push for decriminalization -- starting with pot -- the message sent is that recreational drug use is OK.
Pot is not a drug....Heroin is..Pot is a natural and not chemically increased in potency, like heroin...There is a difference..
Pot is a THC laden substance. It is essentially a drug. It can cause lifelong, life-altering anxiety and depression issues, especially in younger, developing brains. People who endorse it as benign in spite of its inherent dangers are irresponsibly reckless and ignorant.
Yea, just like religion....it has that sticky resin that causes life long changes to a persons character...
OK, so you're of the ignorant Ilk. Willfully.
Willfully you are eschewed with bias...
No, I have perspective.
Consider yourself obstinate to the empirical.

Decriminalization works splendidly well when it is part of a harm reduction policy with small amounts of whatever drug.
Disagree. Decriminalization of pot has led to heroin issues. When the tone is set that it's all OK, people take more steps. Human nature.
Drug use is not as inevitable as lefties insist. But the more accepted it is, the more inevitable it becomes.
No. There was a definite increase by 2003 and it began an upward climb because..........Afghanistan and poppy. No Taliban-no edict.
Heroin - National Drug Threat Assessment 2005 Summary Report
Life without Taliban : Wave of Afghan heroin touches Middle America - War and Peace
Heroin From Afghanistan Is Cutting A Deadly Path

By 2006 there was an outbreak of people overdosing on heroin. It has nothing to do with decriminalization. In fact, the topic did not hit the national stage until the last few years.

It is simply bad enough now that it can't be swept under the rug.

These people didn't die of a pot overdose. Nobody does. And I'm okay with recreational drug use if children aren't involved and the drug is not known to make people excessively violent. It doesn't mean it's good; but govt. needs to protect freedom, not restrict it.
Agree. People don't die from pot. But using drugs should not involve a prison sentence. It should involve people being made to stay in rehab places until they are clean: NOT PRISON.

I don't know of any locked down rehabs. Secondly, it's all fun and games while you are getting clean but when you walk out the door, of either prison or a rehab, you are dealing with the real world again.

We should not be turning drug addicts into ex-cons. I agree there are not appropriate facilities as far as rehabs that lock people in. We need to put them into practice. It could be like a prison as far as locking them in, but instead of them being locked up with rapists and murderers, they would be locked up with the non-violent. There would be programs in this kind of place to get them on a new track as far as life skills w/o drug addiction.

Since many of them fly under the radar but are getting popped for theft sometimes that is not an option. Secondly, since much of rehabilitation will be dependent on some form of government funding which type of treatment works best for what? Well, we don't know because there is no requirement to keep records beyond 3 months which of course means there are a lot of "successful" types of treatments. So, without that requirement to collect data we have a billion dollar industry................and a lot of failure. Right now, there is no difference between prison with your free AA/NA meetings or whatever little program you have going on in prisons and forcing people into a rehab. Lastly, you have to want to quit.

People, places, things......
Government funding: we are already paying for them to be in prison. So government funding is not an issue. We should set up workshops in these facilities for them to learn a trade and they could sell the products to help pay for their upkeep there.

Prison is a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than a rehab situation. In a rehabilitation place you are not living among a lot of violent offenders. What if it was your son? Would you want him in a purely rehab environment or in a prison with violent offenders? Seriously? You think there's no difference?

Government funding is an issue. Money allocated. This is a billion dollar industry that is currently receiving funding from the government. We have such a need in this country for other services that have had to drop due to funding cuts including but not limited to adults and children with disabilities, elderly services, and mental health. So, if you want to make the case to people in the US to support this then you need to be ready to lay the plan out with some back up. You don't have that. You don't have the necessary data for people to just go along for the ride. You don't have anything beyond 3 months. So, you would have to use data from other countries and specifically the harm reduction method.

Those workshops? They have been an issue since 1979.
The Prison Industries Enhancement Certification Program: Why Everyone Should be Concerned | Prison Legal News

Rehab and prison will be the least of my son's problems should he become an addict. He is aware of this. I deal with addicts frequently. You might be surprised at how violent some of them are.

Last edited:
Dealing needs to be considered murder.

And if those "parents" deaths had come about because they drove a vehicle into a tree, shall we also charge the used car salesman with murder?
People that commit crimes need to be in prison. If they want rehab, let them pay for it. In reality, the only time rehab can take place is when the one needing it makes the decision to do it. You and I can't make someone rehabilitate that doesn't want to do so no matter what we do.

If they get through the rehab and show that it has lasting effects, refund the money but have them invest in it first.
Rehab doesn't work.

Unless the person needing it has decided they need it. The ONLY person that can change someone is that person not anyone else forcing things on them.
Once a person makes up their minds to get clean they don't need rehab. Rehab is supposed to convince the person to give up drugs.

The main problem with ordered rehab is that the person doesn't change their minds about drug use. Rehab isn't done for them, it's done to them to keep them from having a good time and exercising their freedom. When they get out the first thing they do is treat themselves to a massive hit, usually an overdose.
You're wrong. Teen Challenge is a Bible based rehab and there are tens of thousands of testimonies of graduates who are living drug free lives today and serving Jesus Christ. It is a wonderful program that accepts court ordered rehab people. Jesus Christ is the answer and Teen Challenge gives addicts the opportunity to hear the truth and be set free.

Who pays for it?

Sorry, who pays for what?

Dealing needs to be considered murder.

And if those "parents" deaths had come about because they drove a vehicle into a tree, shall we also charge the used car salesman with murder?
Rehab doesn't work.

Unless the person needing it has decided they need it. The ONLY person that can change someone is that person not anyone else forcing things on them.
Once a person makes up their minds to get clean they don't need rehab. Rehab is supposed to convince the person to give up drugs.

The main problem with ordered rehab is that the person doesn't change their minds about drug use. Rehab isn't done for them, it's done to them to keep them from having a good time and exercising their freedom. When they get out the first thing they do is treat themselves to a massive hit, usually an overdose.
You're wrong. Teen Challenge is a Bible based rehab and there are tens of thousands of testimonies of graduates who are living drug free lives today and serving Jesus Christ. It is a wonderful program that accepts court ordered rehab people. Jesus Christ is the answer and Teen Challenge gives addicts the opportunity to hear the truth and be set free.

Who pays for it?

Teen Challenge has a program in which the person receiving the rehabilitation pays for it through various work programs. The program includes counseling, daily bible study, prayer meetings, church services and employment which they supervise and provide travel, etc. The person is fully supervised but pays for their own tuition. It's a wonderful program which has helped many people! The success rate is better than any secular rehab I've ever heard of. Which again proves that the answer is Jesus Christ.

He is definitely my favorite rabbi, for sure.

Kinda makes you wish you could give the little girl a hug. I know it would probably help me more than her but that story hurts to even think about.
I would have a hug for every one of them kids, especially if they really did go unsupervised for more than a day. I would put whatever food they wanted right in front of them because of how starving they were too.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Kinda makes you wish you could give the little girl a hug. I know it would probably help me more than her but that story hurts to even think about.
I would have a hug for every one of them kids, especially if they really did go unsupervised for more than a day. I would put whatever food they wanted right in front of them because of how starving they were too.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
Yet you want to cut funding for the poor. How can you justify that conflict?

These people didn't die of a pot overdose. Nobody does. And I'm okay with recreational drug use if children aren't involved and the drug is not known to make people excessively violent. It doesn't mean it's good; but govt. needs to protect freedom, not restrict it.
Drugs make people unpredictable, with that unpredictability possibly being violent. Death from a drug overdose is violence.
Criminalization is not necessarily a restriction on freedom. It's more an accountability for consequences of abused freedom.
Start with criminalizing pot. A substance that presents dangers that only the ignorant are unaware of.

Okay, but then you ignore the instances that govt. has cracked down on drugs for no damn good reason. And it's not the government's job to "save" people from themselves. Everyone knows overdoses are a reality of drugs. We haven't cracked down on prescription drugs and alcohol for that reason. Why is that? Cos the govt. officials are greased by pharma.

Then heroin is just perfect. Rather than call it an overdose epidemic, call it a breakout of freedom.

Oh, well why don't we just enslave everyone and make sure they can never make a "bad choice" ever again. After all, it's for their own good.
Sometimes restrictions of accountability help people make prudent choices.

I'm sorry but I don't think "restrictions of accountability" makes any sense in or out of context.

Agree. People don't die from pot. But using drugs should not involve a prison sentence. It should involve people being made to stay in rehab places until they are clean: NOT PRISON.

I don't want to pay over and over for someone's "rehab." My thing is if the person is not harming another person, then there is no need to make it against the law. Not only that, it's BS to tell people what to do with their body. These are the same f'ing politicians (that you support) that lecture us on not telling a woman what to do with her body even when there is another body involved.

For more than a day, the 7-year-old girl had been trying to wake her parents.

Dutifully, she got dressed in their apartment outside Pittsburgh on Monday morning and went to school, keeping her worries to herself. But on the bus ride home, McKeesport, Pa., police say, she told the driver she’d been unable to rouse the adults in her house.

Inside the home, authorities found the bodies of Christopher Dilly, 26, and Jessica Lally, 25, dead of suspected drug overdoses, according to police.

Also inside the home were three other children — ages 5 years, 3 years and 9 months.

The children were unharmed but still taken to a hospital to be checked out, then placed with the county’s department of children, youth and families.

The case cast a light on Allegheny County’s epidemic of drug overdoses — and their impact on families.
A 7-year-old told her bus driver she couldn’t wake her parents. Police found them dead at home.

Where are you at that you have 3 children and do this crap? Dealing needs to be considered murder.

Very sad. I imagine it went something like this:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
I don't understand why the person who took this video didn't do anything but filming....
to me that's incredible... O_O

That's becoming common place. Too many desensitized idiots who think they're in a video game and don't have empathy or urgency. It's f'ing ridiculous. Some places had to start making good samaritan laws because of society's apathy. It's like the idiots never heard of CPR.

Then heroin is just perfect. Rather than call it an overdose epidemic, call it a breakout of freedom.

Oh, well why don't we just enslave everyone and make sure they can never make a "bad choice" ever again. After all, it's for their own good.

I'm sorry but I don't think "restrictions of accountability" makes any sense in or out of context.
So you don't believe drunk driving laws are an effective deterrent?

Drunk driving laws haven't stopped drunk drivers. According to gun nuts, no law is effective unless it's 100% effective.

Drunk driving laws haven't stopped drunk drivers. According to gun nuts, no law is effective unless it's 100% effective.
You mean drunk drivers who are arrested and incarcerated still drive drunk while they're in jail? How do they do that?

You mean drunk drivers who are arrested and incarcerated still drive drunk while they're in jail? How do they do that?

Yet there are still more drunk drivers.

And it's not the government's job to "save" people from themselves. Everyone knows overdoses are a reality of drugs. We haven't cracked down on prescription drugs and alcohol for that reason. Why is that? Cos the govt. officials are greased by pharma.

You have cracked down on prescription drugs. Pain management clinics where you do drops every month to get your pain meds. Alcohol and laws for bars where the bartender is held accountable if you drive off drunk and penalties include not being able to work in any place that sells alcohol (like grocery stores) and financial penalties.

My thing is if the person is not harming another person, then there is no need to make it against the law. Not only that, it's BS to tell people what to do with their body. These are the same f'ing politicians (that you support) that lecture us on not telling a woman what to do with her body even when there is another body involved.

Gatsby, there is no bouncer at the door doing background checks to find out how many people are harmed or if the folks have children. Dealers do not operate like that. They don't say your money is no good because you stole $500 from Mrs. Wensel down the street. This not an extension of a frat party. I guarantee that the couple in the op story rationalized it's BS to tell people what to do with their body and their children.

Ya know, for $300
Project Prevention - Children Requiring a Caring Community

Forum List

Back