925 Billion spent just on interest payments for the wars.

And we argue we can't afford to address health care. All this war mongering is going to bring the country down.

Why Americans will be paying for the cost of the war in Afghanistan for decades

Interest continues to build 24 hours a day every day of the year. As the article notes we will be years trying to pay this off and that doesn't even address the fact that someone is going to want to ramp up the wars again.

That we’re paying interest on our war spending is a political choice. The bulk of the wars over the last century were funded in large part by tax increases and war bonds, the analysis notes. But as the U.S. entered these wars in the early 2000s, the Bush administration actually cut taxes. That meant funding for the wars had to come from another source, in this case financing.

This approach shields “the public from knowing what the true cost of the war is because they’re not feeling the pinch now,” Peltier said. “That displaces the cost to future taxpayers.”

We are asking the young to give their lives and pay for our foolish choices. History will not treat us well.
Pelosi just passed a $5 TRILLION pork bill with no way to pay for it.

Selective outrage.

When I buy a 10-year US Treasury Bond, my money is funding the war.
Money that I actually took out of my pocket.

Right. The vast majority of the wars of the last 20 years have been funded not out of pocket. That's the whole gist of the article.

Pelosi just passed a $5 TRILLION pork bill with no way to pay for it.

Selective outrage.

Nope. Go back and read. I've said over and over and over that if it is not paid for I do not support it.

The last 3 did the same. (Bush started it)

I haven't forgotten about w bailing out banks nor his war adventures. O pumped it more wars and expanded Ws. Even raised the qe to 80 billion a month. Trump fared no better adding another 6 trillion. Now the current regime is adding a mind blowing 120b a month. We're now seeing the ramifications of such idiocy with hyperinflation starting. This isn't transitory either. This is currency ending type stuff.

Irrelevant and nothing more than an excuse. Note, they also don't waste trillions on useless wars.
An excuse? Jesus fucking christ.
Yeah, lets lets not discuss parameters. Great fucking idea... :lol:

925 billion at this point is just rounding errors considering the trillion dollars blowouts happening monthly. No consternation or hand wringing over the 5 trillion this regime has spent in 6 months? None?

The vast majority of the wars of the last 20 years have been funded not out of pocket. That's the whole gist of the article.

They've been funded by people buying Treasury Bills, Treasury Notes and Treasury Bonds.
With money "out of pocket".
Funding them by people buying War Bonds is still using money "out of pocket".

Nope. Go back and read. I've said over and over and over that if it is not paid for I do not support it.
Link us up to the threads you started condemning her for it.

I'll wait..................

The last 3 did the same. (Bush started it)
We added social program after social program. And that is just the federal level. The State, City and Local government jurisdictions are in the stratosphere in taxes compared to what they were. Big ticket private jobs and unions have caused the costs of everything to be much more higher then they have to due to their greed. Industries have been affected and nearly destroyed. Public jobs have a never ending trough of resources to fund their employees with taxes. And in all this, there is still haves and have nots. Much more if you look for it. Somehow even if UHC makes sense for many, it will be corrupted like many other things here. Hospital costs are extreme as it is because the government and other entities pay the freight and the middleman that hospitals have become stopped being medically oriented first and became business oriented first. Hospital have whole wings for the purpose of Bills and Charging People any way they can.

I haven't forgotten about w bailing out banks nor his war adventures. O pumped it more wars and expanded Ws. Even raised the qe to 80 billion a month. Trump fared no better adding another 6 trillion. Now the current regime is adding a mind blowing 120b a month. We're now seeing the ramifications of such idiocy with hyperinflation starting. This isn't transitory either. This is currency ending type stuff.

Absolutely. It's all going to crash badly.

They've been funded by people buying Treasury Bills, Treasury Notes and Treasury Bonds.
With money "out of pocket".
Funding them by people buying War Bonds is still using money "out of pocket".

Debt.

Link us up to the threads you started condemning her for it.

I'll wait..................

What a cowardly reply. I never said I started it. I had no need to as many others had already been started. But this is what is to be expected here.

Senate Passes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill In Strong Bipartisan Vote

Biden insists massive government spending will reduce inflation

Increasing cash increases Inflation

Biden is an anti capitalist

Progressives will 'tank' the bipartisan infrastructure bill

We added social program after social program. And that is just the federal level. The State, City and Local government jurisdictions are in the stratosphere in taxes compared to what they were. Big ticket private jobs and unions have caused the costs of everything to be much more higher then they have to due to their greed. Industries have been affected and nearly destroyed. Public jobs have a never ending trough of resources to fund their employees with taxes. And in all this, there is still haves and have nots. Much more if you look for it. Somehow even if UHC makes sense for many, it will be corrupted like many other things here. Hospital costs are extreme as it is because the government and other entities pay the freight and the middleman that hospitals have become stopped being medically oriented first and became business oriented first. Hospital have whole wings for the purpose of Bills and Charging People any way they can.

I have long argued that if people want this they have to be willing the throw out "their guy" when he does nothing about the corruption like Obama and the V.A.

Get back to me when you start threads calling out the Dims.

Get back to me when you start threads calling out the Dims.

Again with the cowardly reply. I rarely start threads and what exactly do you think this thread is doing?

Forum List

Back