Progressives will 'tank' the bipartisan infrastructure bill

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
In June Biden announced he had reached an agreement on an infrastructure plan with a bipartisan group of senators after weeks of negotiations, ending up with a plan that was just under $1 trillion — cutting over a half of the president's original price tag. This led many Democrats, including Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, to say that in order to win their support for the bipartisan deal, a reconciliation bill must be passed alongside it to get needed care-economy measures to the American people.

But progressive lawmakers are still pushing for a reconciliation bill that they believe is urgent to meet the needs of the country, including addressing the climate crisis, and their promise to shut down the bipartisan deal if the reconciliation bill isn't passed at the same time imposes difficulties for the deal's future.

AOC vows progressives will 'tank' the bipartisan infrastructure bill if a reconciliation bill including more care-economy and climate change measures isn't passed in tandem

AOC isn't the face of the democrat party, and besides she is a representative.

On Saturday, Biden acknowledged that his comments "understandably upset some Republicans, who do not see the two plans as linked" and confirmed he would support the bipartisan infrastructure bill independently of any others.

"My comments also created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent," Biden said in a statement released by the White House.

"The bottom line is this: I gave my word to support the Infrastructure Plan, and that's what I intend to do," Biden added. "I intend to pursue the passage of that plan, which Democrats and Republicans agreed to on Thursday, with vigor. It would be good for the economy, good for our country, good for our people."

Last edited:
Is it being paid for? If not I hope it does get shut down.

Sure, they'll just go to the money tree out back....dumbass.

You support the debt but call me names?

As usual you have that wrong.

I asked if the cost was being addressed and if not I hope it did fail. You call me names over that. What other conclusion do you expect me to come to?

At best 80% of the infrastructure bill was/is a joke. You could have come to that conclusion.

Dems: The economy is smoking hot under Biden everything is going great under Dem leadership.

Dems: OMG we need trillions in spending to save the country.

:eusa_think:

On Saturday, Biden acknowledged that his comments "understandably upset some Republicans, who do not see the two plans as linked" and confirmed he would support the bipartisan infrastructure bill independently of any others.

"My comments also created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent," Biden said in a statement released by the White House.

"The bottom line is this: I gave my word to support the Infrastructure Plan, and that's what I intend to do," Biden added. "I intend to pursue the passage of that plan, which Democrats and Republicans agreed to on Thursday, with vigor. It would be good for the economy, good for our country, good for our people."
so xiden double speaks? who knows with the puppet regime

Biden must have read from the wrong index card.

Biden must have read from the wrong index card.
the party will get him back in line

I asked if the cost was being addressed and if not I hope it did fail. You call me names over that. What other conclusion do you expect me to come to?

At best 80% of the infrastructure bill was/is a joke. You could have come to that conclusion.

I've not read it. Have you? How long did it take you to read it or are you simply taking the words of others?

After you address that you can explain why you would call me names for wanting it paid for.

I've not read it. Have you? How long did it take you to read it or are you simply taking the words of others?

After you address that you can explain why you would call me names for wanting it paid for.

Yet you support it, ain't that a shock.

Yet you support it, ain't that a shock.

I'll note you avoided my every question. My only statement was not in support. Do I support addressing infrastructure? Of course. We need roads and bridges. Do I think we need to actually pay for it? Yes.

I have no idea what your position actually is as you refuse to address questions and make contradictory statements.

Forum List

Back