925 Billion spent just on interest payments for the wars.

I'll tell you what this thread is, it's a we want FREE government handouts. You point to spending on wars like its somehow justification for more FREE government handouts we can't afford. $29 trillion in debt and rising HELLO earth to the FREE shit moochers.

I've stated over and over that I am willing to pay for UHC. When the argument comes up about raising taxed to address the debt (the war debt) you are the one wanting to not pay. We need to pay for that also and not put it off on those who had no choice in the matter. We did.

I've stated over and over that I am willing to pay for UHC. When the argument comes up about raising taxed to address the debt (the war debt) you are the one wanting to not pay. We need to pay for that also and not put it off on those who had no choice in the matter. We did.
Why wait for congress to act, go ahead cut a check to the Federal government today to help pay down the debt. Lead by example, hell sell half your stuff and send all that money to Joe Biden. Lets put your commitment to this issue to the test.

Then if every other first world country can do it so can we.
Thats an illogical assumption.
Thats like all the statists point to denmark with its population smaller than my state and its diversity on par with tribal people in the jungle.

When the government borrows, they add to the debt.
Even if the borrowing is called a war bond.

But the bond is funded out of the people's pocket. They have to actually take money out of their pocket to fund the war. Then the government raised taxes to pay those bonds off.

Why wait for congress to act, go ahead cut a check to the Federal government today to help pay down the debt. Lead by example, hell sell half your stuff and send all that money to Joe Biden. Lets put your commitment to this issue to the test.

As I have been saying. You don't want to pay but then condemn those you feel don't want to pay. You are what you complain about.

Thats an illogical assumption.
Thats like all the statists point to denmark with its population smaller than my state and its diversity on par with tribal people in the jungle.

Canada is quite diverse. They are always having spats over breaking up over it but yet they fund health care.

Plenty of people have ALSO stated that they are NOT willing to pay for UHC but they ARE willing to pay for National Defense.

National Defense is in everyone's best interest. UHC is not.

So, while you are willing to pay for UHC, understand that we are not.

Plenty of people have ALSO stated that they are NOT willing to pay for UHC but they ARE willing to pay for National Defense.

Plenty? No. Millions voted for Trump so they wouldn't have to.

Canada is quite diverse. They are always having spats over breaking up over it but yet they fund health care.
ahh yes, Canada. The country with less population than California. Excellent example.

Thats a good point. One of the very few ACTUAL jobs of the fed gov, vs something they have no authority to do.

Plenty? No. Millions voted for Trump so they wouldn't have to.
You don't understand what the word plenty means? Millions is not plenty?

BTW, what does Trump have to do with what I posted?

Millions do not want to pay for UHC but everyone who has a brain wants to fund defense. Not to mention that defense is an actual responsibility of the Federal Government per the U.S. Constitution.

It isn't so much the cost of war itself that bothers me. The initial war effort phase of the Afghanistan of attacking the Taliban and providing them a lesson on the cost of messing with the U.S. was money well spent. Our trouble is our politicians who can't do a darn thing for this country thinking that tossing American resources to fix problems on the other side of the world is going to work magic.

As far as healthcare and welfare in general go, I'm fairly liberal and have attitude is that we should do all we can to assist parents to provide opportunity for their children to become healthy and productive members of society. As far as assistance to adults, we'd be better off leaving most of that to churches and chairtiable organizations rather than the inefficient government bureauracy.

You don't understand what the word plenty means? Millions is not plenty?

BTW, what does Trump have to do with what I posted?

Millions do not want to pay for UHC but everyone who has a brain wants to fund defense. Not to mention that defense is an actual responsibility of the Federal Government per the U.S. Constitution.

No, they do NOT want to pay for "defense". That's why we have spent nearly a trillion in interest alone.

Forum List

Back