925 Billion spent just on interest payments for the wars.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
And we argue we can't afford to address health care. All this war mongering is going to bring the country down.

Why Americans will be paying for the cost of the war in Afghanistan for decades

Interest continues to build 24 hours a day every day of the year. As the article notes we will be years trying to pay this off and that doesn't even address the fact that someone is going to want to ramp up the wars again.

That we’re paying interest on our war spending is a political choice. The bulk of the wars over the last century were funded in large part by tax increases and war bonds, the analysis notes. But as the U.S. entered these wars in the early 2000s, the Bush administration actually cut taxes. That meant funding for the wars had to come from another source, in this case financing.

This approach shields “the public from knowing what the true cost of the war is because they’re not feeling the pinch now,” Peltier said. “That displaces the cost to future taxpayers.”

We are asking the young to give their lives and pay for our foolish choices. History will not treat us well.

The American government has no problem spending money they don't have, so long as they really want it.

Once health care is socialized, then they will begin to defund it and the US population will get treated like veterans do.

Problem is, veterans who pay out of pocket to escape the VA won't have that option anymore.

And we argue we can't afford to address health care. All this war mongering is going to bring the country down.

Interest continues to build 24 hours a day every day of the year. As the article notes we will be years trying to pay this off and that doesn't even address the fact that someone is going to want to ramp up the wars again.

That we’re paying interest on our war spending is a political choice. The bulk of the wars over the last century were funded in large part by tax increases and war bonds, the analysis notes. But as the U.S. entered these wars in the early 2000s, the Bush administration actually cut taxes. That meant funding for the wars had to come from another source, in this case financing.

This approach shields “the public from knowing what the true cost of the war is because they’re not feeling the pinch now,” Peltier said. “That displaces the cost to future taxpayers.”

We are asking the young to give their lives and pay for our foolish choices. History will not treat us well.
We have been paying for this filthy ass welfare state with debt for about 6 decades now.

The Worthless Negro should have never escalated the war in Afghanistan, should he?

The American government has no problem spending money they don't have, so long as they really want it.

Once health care is socialized, then they will begin to defund it and the US population will get treated like veterans do.

Problem is, veterans who pay out of pocket to escape the VA won't have that option anymore.

Anecdotal examples on hold so much weight but my buddy is very pleased with his VA coverage. Yes there are some who are not. Just like with everything. He can at least afford it.

What's to address? Get a job pay for your own damn health insurance and stop mooching off others.

I have health insurance. It's not all about me. It's odd you would say this though and then not want to actually pay for the wars.

We cant. You know that considering you are complaining about interest on money we borrowed.

We can. I pay now. You take the position of no one paying anything. You have to use an extreme argument to argue we can't. Business spends a TON on health care.

I have health insurance. It's not all about me. It's odd you would say this though and then not want to actually pay for the wars.
Your strawman argument is take the money borrowed for wars and what exactly? Gift FREE healthcare? Oh wait, it's not FREE it's borrowed money. Here's an idea just don't borrow the money.

Throughout the 18 years the U.S. has been engaged in the “Global War on Terror,” mainly in Iraq and Afghanistan, the government has financed this war by borrowing funds rather than through alternative means such as raising taxes or issuing war bonds.

Ummmmm.....war bonds aren't debt?

Your strawman argument is take the money borrowed for wars and what exactly? Gift FREE healthcare? Oh wait, it's not FREE it's borrowed money. Here's an idea just don't borrow the money.

This isn't a thread on how to do it but I addressed this already.

Throughout the 18 years the U.S. has been engaged in the “Global War on Terror,” mainly in Iraq and Afghanistan, the government has financed this war by borrowing funds rather than through alternative means such as raising taxes or issuing war bonds.

Ummmmm.....war bonds aren't debt?

They are money out of people's pockets.

We can. I pay now. You take the position of no one paying anything. You have to use an extreme argument to argue we can't. Business spends a TON on health care.
No I dont use that argument. Please dont lie, thanks.

This isn't a thread on how to do it but I addressed this already.
I'll tell you what this thread is, it's a we want FREE government handouts. You point to spending on wars like its somehow justification for more FREE government handouts we can't afford. $29 trillion in debt and rising HELLO earth to the FREE shit moochers.

I'll tell you what this thread is, it's a we want FREE government handouts. You point to spending on wars like its somehow justification for more FREE government handouts we can't afford. $29 trillion in debt and rising HELLO earth to the FREE shit moochers.
No, it’s about how much we pissed away on meaningless military escapades.

Asshole.

No, it’s about how much we pissed away on meaningless military escapades.

Asshole.
Wrong. We could have a thread on that and 99% of conservatives would agree. This OP is looking for FREE government healthcare handouts by pointing to wrong headed spending on wars. Which is lets be honest retarded.

Forum List

Back