75,000 years ago today

Conclusion​

The age of the pyramids remains an enigma, with intriguing evidence hinting at the possibility that they are older than traditionally believed. The water erosion on the Sphinx, the precision of astronomical alignments, carbon dating anomalies, and the notion of lost civilizations all contribute to the ongoing debate surrounding these ancient marvels.
There is nothing mystical about the alignment of the pyramids, and if they were much much older than we know they wouldn't even be in alignment with the stars that they are now...

The sphinx is not the pyramids...
Point is we aren’t absolutely sure when.

When was Moses here? We don’t even know that for sure

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE; Jerome suggested 1592 BCE, and James Ussher suggested 1571 BCE as his birth year.

There is nothing mystical about the alignment of the pyramids, and if they were much much older than we know they wouldn't even be in alignment with the stars that they are now...
They were saying that some ancient sites are aligned right but back when the North Pole was not where it is now.

While that may sound like a big deal, pole reversals are common in Earth's geologic history. Paleomagnetic records tell us Earth's magnetic poles have reversed 183 times in the last 83 million years, and at least several hundred times in the past 160 million years.Aug 3, 2021

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE; Jerome suggested 1592 BCE, and James Ussher suggested 1571 BCE as his birth year.
Not being able to pin down an exact date for the Sphinx, does not suddenly validate Hancock's wild claims.

Our dates for the pyramids are pretty reliable.

The historical record indicates that the first man was a fellow by the name of Adam and Almighty God put him and his old lady Eve into the Garden of Eden.

Contrary to the rantings of the Religious Left who insist God put Adam and Steve into the garden.
Why did he not teach them how to write?

We are over populated. Perhaps Mother Nature and “god” are making gays to fix this problem.

No, we aren't. The carrying capacity of Earth is 20 billion with little effort.

Not being able to pin down an exact date for the Sphinx, does not suddenly validate Hancock's wild claims.

But we do know that the last time that part of Egypt had the quantity of water needed to weather the Sphinx as it clearly was, is 10,000 years ago.

I'm a geologist. The weathering on the Sphinx is clearly from water, not wind, as is claimed.

The two weathering processes present entirely differently. Water is the only medium that would cause the damage to the Sphinx that we see.

The historical record indicates that the first man was a fellow by the name of Adam and Almighty God put him and his old lady Eve into the Garden of Eden.

Contrary to the rantings of the Religious Left who insist God put Adam and Steve into the garden.

And then the "Historical record" says that God has a huge hissy fit and killed all humans, and all animals, except those on the arc. Isn't God a nice guy? He doesn't like something, he commits GENOCIDE.

No, we aren't. The carrying capacity of Earth is 20 billion with little effort.
Nonsense. We consume a years worth of natural resources in 8 months. And every year it gets worse. 7.9 months, 6 months, etc.

Arent we still destroying the rain forest?

Have you seen the ocean? I believe the pacific is a toilet bowl full of plastic. Are you insane?

And then the "Historical record" says that God has a huge hissy fit and killed all humans, and all animals, except those on the arc. Isn't God a nice guy? He doesn't like something, he commits GENOCIDE.
This is why I’m open to ancient alien theory. It’s more believable than Christianity or all the others.

Nonsense. We consume a years worth of natural resources in 8 months. And every year it gets worse. 7.9 months, 6 months, etc.

Arent we still destroying the rain forest?

Have you seen the ocean? I believe the pacific is a toilet bowl full of plastic. Are you insane?

You can fit every human being on Earth into an an area the size of Rhode Island. More than 50% of the food produced on the planet is lost due to corruption, waste, and mismanagement.

Just drop that number to 10% and you feed everyone easily.

You are talking like a religious nutjob. I am a scientist. I study these things, I don’t just take the words of people who have policy they wish to push.

You can fit every human being on Earth into an an area the size of Rhode Island. More than 50% of the food produced on the planet is lost due to corruption, waste, and mismanagement.

Just drop that number to 10% and you feed everyone easily.

You are talking like a religious nutjob. I am a scientist. I study these things, I don’t just take the words of people who have policy they wish to push.
No, you’re a random person on a message board. Did you go to Harvard? The people who wrote this did

In the last five decades, Earth has experienced an extreme population boom. This phenomenon is known as overpopulation, where the condition in which the amount of humans currently existing on Earth outstrips future resource availability and earth's carrying capacity.

Do you think man made climate change isn’t real?

No, you’re a random person on a message board. Did you go to Harvard? The people who wrote this did

In the last five decades, Earth has experienced an extreme population boom. This phenomenon is known as overpopulation, where the condition in which the amount of humans currently existing on Earth outstrips future resource availability and earth's carrying capacity.

Do you think man made climate change isn’t real?

They have posted an opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

What they don't bother to provide are data points.

That reminds me. The precise age of the pyramids of Giza has long been debated because, until now, there has been little evidence to prove when the pyramids were built. Some people think the great pyramid was built over 10,000 years ago by aliens.

The Great Pyramid and surrounding pyramids at the Giza complex are much older than 4500 years old, as Egyptologists claim. New research, conducted by scientists free to think outside of the box, agree that this figure isn’t right.

Wow, what a load of junk science.

The Great Pyramid dates to around 2570 BCE. We know that from ancient writings. We know that from archaeological records. We know that from carbon dating items from the tomb itself. There is no debate over that, other than the nutcases that want to believe aliens built it or some such nonsense.

But yes, the "Giza Complex" is indeed older, because there were already things constructed there before the pyramids. But anything of that era is long gone, not unlike the original Spanish pueblos and Indian settlements where Los Angeles now sits. But what is there now only dates to around 2500 BCE.

And what all that has to do with Toba, I have absolutely no idea. That however is very real, and we know of the near extinction event because of DNA studies.

But yes, humans 75 kya were almost the same as modern humans. We even know that was true of humans 5 kya because we have studied them.

But we also because of Egypt know what humans were capable of doing when. Because they left behind a lot of not only structures but written records so we know what they were capable of and when. A century before the Forth Dynasty and the Great Pyramid, we had the Third Dynasty. Who built the first pyramids like the Step Pyramid.

step-pyramid-saqqara-oldest-surviving-260nw-2298673781.jpg

And prior to that, Egypt was just not building any monolithic structures.

Forum List

Back