75,000 years ago today

Oh, you mean like the Incans?

We know exactly how they did it, is no mystery at all. The same way the Greeks and Romans did it.

ThemistocleanWalls.jpg

Polygonal-wall-Delphi.jpg

europe-italy-tuscany-ansedonia-ruins-of-the-ancient-town-of-cosa-archaeological-D5MX56.jpg

We know how those other people did them, because we know how the Greeks and Romans did it. And to be honest, it always strikes me as more than a tad racist when people just jump to "Aliens" when some culture other than Europeans are able to accomplish the same feats of engineering.

There are multiple ways to recreate that kind of walls, it only requires the desire to do it.

Hell, and here you are talking about 200 ton stones. The Romans without tools much more advanced than the Egyptians were moving and raising stones of over 1,000 tons. SO what is so impossible about moving 200 ton stones, when with almost the exact same tools the Romans were doing it with stones 5 to 8 times as massive?
Lots of theories on how they did it, not much replication of what they did. I didn't say anything about aliens I am just comfortable with "we don't know what we don't know". A lot of folks have to pretend to have all the answers when they don't.

Chinese writing 5000 years ago. So we only know about the last 5000 years really. Before that is a blur. Floods. Oral history.

Studies suggest that the earliest proto-writing goes back 6,000 years. About 5,000 years ago was the invention of papyrus in order to write on followed by the invention of the alphabet. Vedic scholars tell us that before that, knowledge was passed down orally; in fact that writing was chiefly invented because man became more forgetful.

As to the people of 75,000 years ago, yes, you would not be able to tell them from the people of today as both speech and the anatomically modern human is judged to go back about 250,000 years ago.

A picture, that's it?

That's your proof, a picture and nothing else?

open_face_house2_jul_04.jpeg
Take a look at the symmetry. This is granite. Show a piece of granite carved anytime in the last 100 years that exhibits that level of precision, in multiple planes, and angles.

And I was wrong, it's Elaphantine Island.

There are many more monuments just like this that are every bit as complex.

It's easy to do 90° angles, but curves are extremely difficult, especially when they terminate in 90° or other angles, as is seen in this example.

This isn't alien carving or any other nonsense like that, but if man has been around for 200,000 years, do you really think that it took that long for technology to develop? Especially when you look at how fast technology develops.

Rome had steam power. They could have industrialized 1800 years before it finally happened.

Just imagine where we would be now if they had allowed it instead of passing laws to relegate it to entertainment purposes only.

There is so much about our history that we don't know, but when I look at the Piri Reis map and see the actual coastline under the Antarctic ice sheet, it makes me wonder how they KNEW what it looked like.

Oh, you mean like the Incans?

We know exactly how they did it, is no mystery at all. The same way the Greeks and Romans did it.

ThemistocleanWalls.jpg

Polygonal-wall-Delphi.jpg

europe-italy-tuscany-ansedonia-ruins-of-the-ancient-town-of-cosa-archaeological-D5MX56.jpg

We know how those other people did them, because we know how the Greeks and Romans did it. And to be honest, it always strikes me as more than a tad racist when people just jump to "Aliens" when some culture other than Europeans are able to accomplish the same feats of engineering.

There are multiple ways to recreate that kind of walls, it only requires the desire to do it.

Hell, and here you are talking about 200 ton stones. The Romans without tools much more advanced than the Egyptians were moving and raising stones of over 1,000 tons. SO what is so impossible about moving 200 ton stones, when with almost the exact same tools the Romans were doing it with stones 5 to 8 times as massive?
Hey I’m not sold on it was ancient aliens. I suppose if presented with all the facts we have now I’d agree with you. But remain optimisticly skeptical 🧐

Lots of theories on how they did it, not much replication of what they did.

It is still done to this day for decorative purposes.

Sure, not with such massive stones, why? No more than we rebuild Stonehenge, the Great Wall of China, or most other ancient monolithic structures. Why in the hell would we replicate them?

But there is no "secret" or even lost technology behind making walls like that. There is simply no need to do so, so nobody does it anymore.

Take a look at the symmetry. This is granite. Show a piece of granite carved anytime in the last 100 years that exhibits that level of precision, in multiple planes, and angles.

Simple, it was not carved.

Wow, you really do not know how those were made?

Do you know what will remove granite precisely?

Granite.

You carve a block close to the shape you need, then put it on top of another and move them back and forth. In doing so you will grind the faces that meet smooth. It works with any form of stone, or even bricks. This is a technique used even to this day. Another is to simply split a larger stone, smooth the faces, then put them back in the same order where you want them. Once again, a technique still used to this day. We simply don't do it with such massive stones because there is no need to do it with such massive stones.

So what, because it has not been done in 100 years, you assume it was magic or aliens or something like that? Did the ancient Romans or Greeks require magic or aliens or Gods to do the exact same things? All those walls I showed above, those were Greek and Roman walls. Why were they able to build it themselves, yet any other non-European cultures that did the exact same thing need something else?

This is why I tend to look at all those who throw around such nonsense as closet racists. The very fact that nobody disputes the Romans or Greeks being able to do that, yet anybody else of darker skin that does it must have had alien or supernatural help.

Simple, it was not carved.

Wow, you really do not know how those were made?

Do you know what will remove granite precisely?

Granite.

You carve a block close to the shape you need, then put it on top of another and move them back and forth. In doing so you will grind the faces that meet smooth. It works with any form of stone, or even bricks. This is a technique used even to this day. Another is to simply split a larger stone, smooth the faces, then put them back in the same order where you want them. Once again, a technique still used to this day. We simply don't do it with such massive stones because there is no need to do it with such massive stones.

So what, because it has not been done in 100 years, you assume it was magic or aliens or something like that? Did the ancient Romans or Greeks require magic or aliens or Gods to do the exact same things? All those walls I showed above, those were Greek and Roman walls. Why were they able to build it themselves, yet any other non-European cultures that did the exact same thing need something else?

This is why I tend to look at all those who throw around such nonsense as closet racists. The very fact that nobody disputes the Romans or Greeks being able to do that, yet anybody else of darker skin that does it must have had alien or supernatural help.
Yes, I believe I addressed that with my 90 degree angles are easy. What is hard are the compound curves. So, mr. genius, how do you do compound curves?

It is still done to this day for decorative purposes.

Sure, not with such massive stones, why? No more than we rebuild Stonehenge, the Great Wall of China, or most other ancient monolithic structures. Why in the hell would we replicate them?

But there is no "secret" or even lost technology behind making walls like that. There is simply no need to do so, so nobody does it anymore.
Or maybe the fact that no one has even re-created A PORTION of an ancient wonder,is because we don't know how. The attempt to re-create a Stonehenge trilithon 30 years ago was an epic failure.

Yes, I believe I addressed that with my 90 degree angles are easy. What is hard are the compound curves. So, mr. genius, how do you do compound curves?

I already said, grinding them together.

What, you think that only works on flat planes?

Come on, this is not rocket science here. Stone of the same hardness will grind way on each other equally.

Or maybe the fact that no one has even re-created A PORTION of an ancient wonder,is because we don't know how.

Tell you what/ Get together a bunch of investors, and have them recrate the pyramid.

Hell, create any of the half dozen I previously mentioned. Each the step in an evolution from the mastaba of ancient Egypt, through the step pyramids, finally arriving at the pyramids of the 4th dynasty.

There are literally dozens of them out there, each one a step from one form to the next. Even the failures I already mentioned.

What, did aliens also make the bent pyramid? The Meidoum Pyramid?

Meidum is particularly interesting as it was built in different stages. Originally a step pyramid, That was then added to in order to give it more flush walls. Then finally the smooth casement was added over that.

2014-635490833401408952-140.jpg

All that remains for most of it is the core, but we know the final stages were added during the reign of Snefru on top of what is believed to have originated as one of Djoser's step pyramids. And architecturally it resides pretty much in the middle of the style of Djoser and Snefru both.

I think this is what I am finding most fascinating in this thread. We know who built these, and when. Yet some still insist it was impossible. It really is a great example of denial to anything that some do not want to believe.

There are many examples of ancient buildings as well as artifacts we cannot replicate even with our latest technology. For example there sites with walls constructed with massive irregular boulders weighing as much as 200 tons that fit together air tight with no mortar. How would we do that with machines? Furthermore why would primitive people make the enormous investment in labor to build these massive structures only with primitive tools? There is no evidence of heavy machinery or technology at any of the ancient sites.
Not "airtight" and they had nothing better to do. Just because they were using old tech by today's standards; doesn't mean they were inept, or lacked an eye for quality. When they built these structures, they were literally using the cutting edge technology of the day. And they were well practiced, and quite good at it...

I already said, grinding them together.

What, you think that only works on flat planes?

Come on, this is not rocket science here. Stone of the same hardness will grind way on each other equally.

Grinding together won't create compound curves. Grinding together will only create flat surfaces. That's the nature of granite, it has a very dense crystalline structure that is resistant to pretty much anything. Add to that the high concentration of quartz in its makeup and no, it is not a simple thing to make compound curves. Especially as precise as those on the island.

Forum List

Back