51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy that that works for you.

Peace be with you.

Thanks, and you as well. But there is still no scripture to back up suicide being a sin. That aside, What makes it such a big deal ?

I do not argue religion. I am comfortable with my faith.

I am also comfortable with yours :)

Yep, you cant argue with the word of God. And it gets old how pro or anti use religion (mostly Christianity) in there arguments. Christians should no better. So the issue can not be argued from a religious stand point. So why such a stigma with suicide in this mans case ?

If that's what person wants, the state has no place there. Particularly not there administering the drugs and holding the hands of people who are administering death.

Surely you want professionals administering the drugs though? You mean a hack should do it?

Er..no. I think if someone is going to kill himself, he needs to actually kill..himself. Because after all, killing someone else is murder.
And it doesn't take a highly skilled professional to kill a person, btw. People who aren't trained professionals kill themselves and each other every single day.

Thanks, and you as well. But there is still no scripture to back up suicide being a sin. That aside, What makes it such a big deal ?

Yep, you cant argue with the word of God. And it gets old how pro or anti use religion (mostly Christianity) in there arguments. Christians should no better. So the issue can not be argued from a religious stand point. So why such a stigma with suicide in this mans case ?

there's always stigma associated with suicide. If there wasn't, no kid would reach adulthood. And nobody is quibbling about his choice to die. They're quibbling over whether or not somebody else needs to be authorized to administer his death and condone it.

One side says it's suicide to kill yourself; it's murder if somebody else does it.

The other side says people who are sick and in pain don't need to live anyway, so the state should encourage and assist them towards their final solution.

That's the argument. Not whether this particular joe should or should not commit suicide. That's not the discussion.

Religion.

yeah, let's make suicide *cool*. That's a great idea.

In his case cool is not an issue. He is suffering, and day after day waiting to die. His life, His choice. It cant be made wrong from a Christian stand point, and no one can offer any reason why a person of sane mind can not end there own life. Whats there for him to live for ? We are not talking about a befuddled teenager, but a terminal ill adult. Suicide for him, and others like him is a valid option.

Who the guy was in the OP, does matter. Unfortunately he thinks who he was, does not. How sad. Leaving a legacy matters

Still waiting for the evidence that people who want to kill themselves are prevented from doing so if we don't make a law saying it's ok.

Fiddlesticks. Kevorkian was a serial killer and he did time because of it.

Again. Please provide the stats that back up the claim that without the state assisting and condoning murder, people cannot die if they want to.

Still waiting for the evidence that people who want to kill themselves are prevented from doing so if we don't make a law saying it's ok.

There is none. It says that no one can help them.

If they're doing it themselves, why do they need help? Isn't doing it yourself pretty much what distinguishes suicide from, say, murder, or accidental death, or natural death?

If they're doing it themselves, why do they need help? Isn't doing it yourself pretty much what distinguishes suicide from, say, murder, or accidental death, or natural death?

Well we know that many like to re invent the meanings of words, when it comes to pushing an agenda

Well we know that many like to re invent the meanings of words, when it comes to pushing an agenda

With slaves and Jews, the excuse for killing them was "It doesn't matter, they're not HUMAN". Now it's "It doesn't matter, they're diseased! We're doing them a FAVOR!"

Though with abortion it's still, "It doesn't matter, they're not human".

They are prevented from getting help. There doctors are prevented from getting the patent set up to do the job them selves. When a patent is not conscious and not expected to live the Dr.'s will "make them comfortable" with massive doses of morphine, and cut off there hydration until they die. The Dr.'s finish off there patents like this all the time. So why is it bad for a terminally ill individual who is lucid to receive the same consideration ?

Fiddlesticks. Kevorkian was a serial killer and he did time because of it.

Again. Please provide the stats that back up the claim that without the state assisting and condoning murder, people cannot die if they want to.

A serial killer is typically defined as an individual who has murdered three or more people[1][2] over a period of more than a month, with down time (a "cooling off period") between the murders, and whose motivation for killing is largely based on psychological gratification.[3][4] Other sources define the term as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone" or, including the vital characteristics, a minimum of at least two murders.[4][5] Often, a sexual element is involved with the killings, but the FBI states that motives for serial murder include "anger, thrill, financial gain, and attention seeking."[5] The murders may have been attempted or completed in a similar fashion and the victims may have had something in common; for example, occupation, race, appearance, sex, or age group.

Serial killers are not the same as mass murderers, who commit multiple murders at one time; nor are they spree killers, who commit murders in two or more locations with virtually no break in between. Coinage of the English term serial killer is commonly attributed to former FBI Special Agent Robert Ressler in the 1970s.[6][7] The concept had been described earlier, e.g. by German police inspector Ernst Gennat coining the same term in 1930.[8] Author Ann Rule postulates in her 2004 book Kiss Me, Kill Me that the English-language credit for coining the term "serial killer" goes to LAPD detective Pierce Brooks, mastermind of the ViCAP system.[9]

Kevorkian does not fit the profile. All of his patents were video taped asking him for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back