Montana man begs for moratorium on property taxes after paying 8K ‘to live in our own house’

Harpy Eagle is planning on retiring to a South American country at retirement. The money from selling his house will probably pay for a new place and leave a very hefty amount of cash left over.

Thanks, but it is Central America, not south.

And I am not sure we will ever own again after we sell this house. We want to be able to move on a whim, and owning a house makes that very hard.

Doing quick math of how much we will pocket from selling our house, if we just put it in an low yield, low risk investment account, we could use it to pay rent for about 12 years at least before it ran out of money.

Thanks, but it is Central America, not south.

And I am not sure we will ever own again after we sell this house. We want to be able to move on a whim, and owning a house makes that very hard.

Doing quick math of how much we will pocket from selling our house, if we just put it in an low yield, low risk investment account, we could use it to pay rent for about 12 years at least before it ran out of money.

mea culpa

:)

WW

A senior from Montana has delivered a viral speech about the sorry state of property taxes in the Treasure State.

"I'm on Social Security, I'm 68-years-old and working just to pay my taxes," says Kurt, in a clip shared on TikTok by Ryan Busse, who is running to be the next governor of Montana.

Kurt claims that over the last couple of years, his annual property taxes have soared from $895 to almost $8,000 an increase of around 790% which he says is like paying almost "$700 a month rent to the state to live in our own house." The state has an Elderly Homeowner/Renter Tax Credit, and the maximum credit is $1,150.

"There needs to be a moratorium on what we have to pay," he says, adding that he's had to continue working into what should be his retirement golden years to cover his mounting property costs. "I'm stubborn enough [that] I don't want to dig into my bank account to pay them."

Kurt is one of thousands of Montana homeowners suffering sticker shock over recent property tax hikes. He says: "We just can't take this anymore. This was a great place and it still is, but the people that made it great can't afford to live here anymore."

Most of this is driven by the Cult of Public "Education."

Teacher and administrative salaries and benefits, massive school construction projects, etc., that no one dares to question because it's "for the children," when it is actually for all the adults attaching themselves to the government teat to the tune of 75% of all county budgets.

No one over 65 who has lived in a location for 25+ years should have to pay a full boat property tax regardless of the value of their property.....They've paid their "fair share" to the "school cult" many, many, times over.

Gov't prefers that you either leave or die upon retirement. That's an actual fact, they see you as a financial liability otherwise.
The leftist want him out so they can bring in more wealthy leftists.

Forum List

Back