3 people shot, man with concealed carry license steps in, shoots gunman

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
The gunman who shot three people standing in a South Austin alley on the Fourth of July may have gotten away with the brazen attack that left a woman dead — had a witness with a concealed carry license not stepped in, a Chicago police statement suggests.

Officers were called to the first block of North Menard Avenue around 10:45 p.m. Sunday and found a total of four people shot, a police notification said. But one of the injured men was alleged to be the gunman who had shot the other three people before an uninvolved witness pulled his own gun and shot the attacker, officials said.

Nearby, a second, uninvolved 49-year-old man witnessed the attack, police said. He had a concealed carry license, which allowed him to legally possess a weapon. That man drew his weapon and shot at the gunman who had allegedly killed the woman and wounded the two men, officials said.

It's the Wild West!

Would you have stepped in?

Even the worst shot in the world can occasionally shoot someone right between the eyes. There's always a risk in a gun fight.

The gunman who shot three people standing in a South Austin alley on the Fourth of July may have gotten away with the brazen attack that left a woman dead — had a witness with a concealed carry license not stepped in, a Chicago police statement suggests.

Officers were called to the first block of North Menard Avenue around 10:45 p.m. Sunday and found a total of four people shot, a police notification said. But one of the injured men was alleged to be the gunman who had shot the other three people before an uninvolved witness pulled his own gun and shot the attacker, officials said.

Nearby, a second, uninvolved 49-year-old man witnessed the attack, police said. He had a concealed carry license, which allowed him to legally possess a weapon. That man drew his weapon and shot at the gunman who had allegedly killed the woman and wounded the two men, officials said.

It's the Wild West!

Even the worst shot in the world can occasionally shoot someone right between the eyes. There's always a risk in a gun fight.

The west wasn't as wild as democrat party controlled Chicago.....people didn't shoot each other as often back then.

Hmmmmm, I wonder how many times the shooter was released by democrat party judges before this. citizen stopped him.....

It's the Wild West!

The city is going to go after the CCW holder with a vengeance.

IMO the shooting falls under the protection of others corollary to self defense laws.

As for the question if I would have gotten involved, I don't ever see myself in that situation because I tend to try to avoid hanging around in alleys after dark

If the CC holder was black there's no problem. Chicago police probably don't do background checks in and around chicago for CC permits. If they did, no one could get them.

If the CC holder was black there's no problem. Chicago police probably don't do background checks in and around chicago for CC permits. If they did, no one could get them.

Concealed Carry License Q & A​

Category: Concealed Carry

Q: How many hours of training are required to obtain a Concealed Carry License?
A: Sixteen hours of training, including a session at a gun range, are required. Credit may be given for prior training as specified in the Prior Training Credit document.

Q: How long is the Concealed Carry License valid?
A: Your CCL is good for 5 years.

Q: How much does it cost to obtain a Concealed Carry License?

A: The total cost would include training, State fee, and, optionally, fingerprints.
The cost of the training can vary greatly, possibly up to $300 or so.
In addition, the State of Illinois charges $150 for the CCL for Illinois residents
($300 for out of state residents).
Obtaining fingerprints is an additional cost of possibly up to $60.

Q: What does that on-line application for CCL look like? Is it complicated?
A: The Illinois State Police website has an on-line process to apply for CCL.
It's hard to see what the pages look like unless you are actually in the process of applying,
but the ISP has a PDF document to show you what to expect:
ISP CCL Overview: ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/CCLOverview.pdf

Q: How long does it take to obtain a Concealed Carry License after my application has been submitted?
A: The State is given up to 90 days to issue, or deny, the CCL. An additional 30 days is allowed if electronic fingerprints are not submitted with the application.

Q: Where am I not permitted to carry my firearm?
A: In addition to schools, playgrounds, and on public transportation, there is a fairly lengthy list of places where you can not legally carry a firearm. The “Prohibited Areas” are listed in Section 65 of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

Q: Does my Illinois Concealed Carry License allow me to carry a firearm in other states?
A: Your Illinois CCL will also allow you to carry in other states that recognize it, approximately 20 other states currently.

Concealed Carry License Q & A​

Category: Concealed Carry

Q: How many hours of training are required to obtain a Concealed Carry License?
A: Sixteen hours of training, including a session at a gun range, are required. Credit may be given for prior training as specified in the Prior Training Credit document.

Q: How long is the Concealed Carry License valid?
A: Your CCL is good for 5 years.

Q: How much does it cost to obtain a Concealed Carry License?

A: The total cost would include training, State fee, and, optionally, fingerprints.
The cost of the training can vary greatly, possibly up to $300 or so.
In addition, the State of Illinois charges $150 for the CCL for Illinois residents
($300 for out of state residents).
Obtaining fingerprints is an additional cost of possibly up to $60.

Q: What does that on-line application for CCL look like? Is it complicated?
A: The Illinois State Police website has an on-line process to apply for CCL.
It's hard to see what the pages look like unless you are actually in the process of applying,
but the ISP has a PDF document to show you what to expect:
ISP CCL Overview: ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/CCLOverview.pdf

Q: How long does it take to obtain a Concealed Carry License after my application has been submitted?
A: The State is given up to 90 days to issue, or deny, the CCL. An additional 30 days is allowed if electronic fingerprints are not submitted with the application.

Q: Where am I not permitted to carry my firearm?
A: In addition to schools, playgrounds, and on public transportation, there is a fairly lengthy list of places where you can not legally carry a firearm. The “Prohibited Areas” are listed in Section 65 of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

Q: Does my Illinois Concealed Carry License allow me to carry a firearm in other states?
A: Your Illinois CCL will also allow you to carry in other states that recognize it, approximately 20 other states currently.
To purchase a CCW license/permit, depends upon what state you are in. Some states require safety classes, while others don't. Some require range time, some don't. It boils down to the determination of the states, which it should be, not the federal government.

If you are referring to dems they were always (historically) at the heart of a lynching. ;)

Of course, and nothing has changed. Keep in mind the DemoKKKrats made sure this guy is still the sitting governor of Virginia.

1641238442163.png

It's the Wild West!

If I am in that situation, I only draw my weapon in defense of myself.

Others who get shot by a gunman are shit out of luck for not carrying themselves. They can die. Fuck'em.

My guns are for MY protection only.

It's the Wild West!

New Topics

Forum List

Back