17-mile long Russian troop convoy headed to Kiev

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
This appears to be the big push. One of two things will happen: The convoy gets decimated by Ukrainian drones and aircraft today and tonight, or the convoy makes it to Kiev. If the latter happens, it's all over.

A large convoy of Russian armed forces is moving closer to Kyiv, about 20 miles north of Antonov airport on the outskirts of Kyiv. The convoy is stretched out over at least 17 miles, with some gaps. By @ckoettl. Live Updates: Initial Talks End Between Russia and Ukraine pic.twitter.com/s7boTVYKBu
Christiaan Triebert
Christiaan Triebert (@trbrtc) February 28, 2022

SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A RUSSIAN MILITARY CONVOY STRETCHING 17 MILES JUST 30 MILES FROM KYIV -NYT
FXHedge
FXHedge (@Fxhedgers) February 28, 2022

Live Updates: Initial Talks End Between Russia and Ukraine

1646073309238.png

1646073328645.png

Last edited:
I'm not a combat military strategist, but I hope they have a bulldozer in that convoy because a block of that road could buy hours.

Hopefully the full might of the Russian army comes down on these fascist rats and this war is concluded quickly.

The Russians may be able to take Kyiv, but the attrition of Russian occupiers will massive from the Ukrainian street to street fighting, sniping and firebombings. They aren't fighting on the orders of dictator who wants to reunify the Soviet Union, they are fighting for their homeland.

Not only that, but the Russian economy is in the shitter now. They're getting hit with sanctions from all over the world, and their Ruble has dropped to nothing. There's no way they can afford to maintain an occupation for any extended amount of time.

The Russians may be able to take Kyiv, but the attrition of Russian occupiers will massive from the Ukrainian street to street fighting, sniping and firebombings. They aren't fighting on the orders of dictator who wants to reunify the Soviet Union, they are fighting for their homeland.

Not only that, but the Russian economy is in the shitter now. They're getting hit with sanctions from all over the world, and their Ruble has dropped to nothing. There's no way they can afford to maintain an occupation for any extended amount of time.
Maybe the plan is not for long occupation. Maybe it is to secure Donbass which it seems they already have and also the other separatist province. I do not know. i am guessing.

Yeah I mean why is the road even still there?.... Wouldn't it have been smart to make huge gaps in the road?
If it's going quicker than imagined for the Russian side, then it's possible that there is a very large resistance element at work against Zlenesky's government?

That 'could' explain a very large spin effort on the part of US/Nato supporting media.

I wouldn't make that claim but I will say that that particular claim has been raised several times before by Russian propagandists.

I'm not sure what it is that Putin wants.... But the Western block Nations have known for a long time that he did not want to be surrounded by NATO satellites and they ignored that. I guess that's up to them. There is no way they did not know this was coming because they kept pushing for it. Projecting forward it really looks like they intended to cut Russia off one way or another anyway. The options given to Russia were basically:

1.) Sit quietly and shut up while we surround you in suffocate you.
2.) Defend yourself and we will simply come after you and suffocate you now.

Faced with those options I'm pretty sure the United States would react the same way.

Jo

If it's going quicker than imagined for the Russian side, then it's possible that there is a very large resistance element at work against Zlenesky's government?

That 'could' explain a very large spin effort on the part of US/Nato supporting media.

I wouldn't make that claim but I will say that that particular claim has been raised several times before by Russian propagandists.
Yeah we really don't know what the deal is just yet do we?

In before all the rehashed 2014 videos.

I saw yesterday where they tried passing off the Molotov attack on Ukrainian police BMPs as Russian. Good example of what a swarm of Molotovs can do but it happened in 2014 when they were fighting each other.
66vrzi.jpg

Maybe the plan is not for long occupation. Maybe it is to secure Donbass which it seems they already have and also the other separatist province. I do not know. i am guessing.
Although it never was Russia's plan to go to war with the Ukraine, there's probably little doubt that once Putin was pushed into war, he would have resolved to take the Ukraine and keep it!

Do you understand why Russia was being pushed into a war with Crimea but avoided it by relying on popularity?

Only a Russian propagandist would surmise that the invasion is going quicker for the Russians. Putin has lost around 5,000 troops so far and the Ukrainian losses have been nowhere near that high.

Forum List

Back