15 semi pileup

Isn't that what these political discussions were about.

Now if a posse of Millionaires had rode in on their dressage Horses in response to this accident and saved a bunch of people like superheroes, you might have a point.

But, nope, it was paramedics and cops and fire-fighters, you know, those government workers.

This is a current event discussion, not political.

Unless, that is, you think that weather is political.

Are you off your meds again?

Frankly, I was praising the fine work of the GOVERNMENT employees. The firefighters, police officer, EMT's and tow truck drivers who responded to this emergency.

Oh, yeah, they are all in unions, get paid from taxes and stuff. How horrible.

Unless you were one of the hundreds of people trapped inthat accident, because the Posse of Dressage-Horse calvary wasn't coming to save you.

Frankly, you were daring anyone that has ever been to the DMV to call you an idiot.

Saw this on the news and didn't say a word to the Mrs. H.

We drive this corridor monthly, as daughter is in school in northern Michigan.

We're headed back that way on Sunday.

A couple weeks ago, we drove it at night. Never prayed so hard LOL.

Oofah.

This particular stretch of road is south of Lake Michigan, and this time of year, it has really bad "lake effect" snow.

Then you would expect the people have experienced it before and know what to expect. People routinely drive in inclement weather like the roads are high and dry. One of the scariest things in the world is to be the only cautious driver and have people up your ass and passing you like a lunatic. Very scary.

I almost got rear ended when I pulled off to the side of the road because I couldn't see the hood ornament on my car. I do not understand why anyone keeps moving in conditions like that, much less drives at normal highway speeds.

You mean idiots like this? It's smoke from a brushfire, but the same mentality.

LiveLeak.com - Idiot can't see road, but never slows down...

This is a current event discussion, not political.

Unless, that is, you think that weather is political.

Frankly, I was praising the fine work of the GOVERNMENT employees. The firefighters, police officer, EMT's and tow truck drivers who responded to this emergency.

Unless you were one of the hundreds of people trapped inthat accident, because the Posse of Dressage-Horse calvary wasn't coming to save you.

Frankly, you were daring anyone that has ever been to the DMV to call you an idiot.

Last time I was at the DMV, they had me in and out in half an hour.

I'm really wondering why you guys keep citing the DMV as an example of government awfulness.

I'm really wondering why you guys keep citing the DMV as an example of government awfulness.

Let me see, 30 minutes to take your picture verses going to McDonald's, ordering a meal, waiting for them to cook it, and eating it, all in the same amount of time.

You are right, there is absolutely no reason to view the DMV as incompetent.

Let me see, 30 minutes to take your picture verses going to McDonald's, ordering a meal, waiting for them to cook it, and eating it, all in the same amount of time.

You are right, there is absolutely no reason to view the DMV as incompetent.

Not really even comparable...

First, you really do want the DMV to be able to verify your identity.

Second, you want them to be able to verify that you are still capable of operating a vehicle. (In your case, I suggest taking all your meds before you go down.)

I think taht's a little more important than serving you an unhealthy meal of pre-prepared food.

But, hey, you probably think the government is putting a chip in your ass when you go to the DMV or something....

Driving a long ways one winter day, I decided to take the scenic route, little country roads, roughly parallel to the interstate. Major snow squall suddenly hit, 20-foot visibility. I cursed my luck, but crept on through it. Got home, to see on the news about the huge pileup on the interstate I had chosen not to go on that day.

The lesson I took from that is that God recognizes my awesomeness, and thus gives me special protection.

Forum List

Back