15 semi pileup

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Holy Hannah!

At least three dead in accident involving 15 semis on Indiana freeway - U.S. News

Complete white-out.

Sullivan said the victims are a 66-year-old Chicago-area man, who had a dog with him that also died, and a couple from Grand Rapids, Mich. The names were withheld until families are notified.

Twenty other people were hurt and taken to local hospitals, state police said. At least three were in critical condition.

All told, the crash -- which closed busy Interstate 94 for hours -- involved more than 40 vehicles, state troopers said. The freeway was expected to reopen westbound late Thursday.

Kudoes, though, to the first responders who reacted to this tragedy and saved dozens of lives.

I want to hear a wingnut spew about "lazy government workers" again.

And the award for turning any thread into a pointless, shameless political rant goes to...

Isn't that what these political discussions were about.

Now if a posse of Millionaires had rode in on their dressage Horses in response to this accident and saved a bunch of people like superheroes, you might have a point.

But, nope, it was paramedics and cops and fire-fighters, you know, those government workers.

Last edited:
Kudoes, though, to the first responders who reacted to this tragedy and saved dozens of lives.

And the award for turning any thread into a pointless, shameless political rant goes to...

Now if a posse of Millionaires had responded to this accident and saved a bunch of people like superheroes, you might have a point.

But, nope, it was paramedics and cops and fire-fighters, you know, those government workers.

It isn't a political thread.
Get over it.

It's pretty rare that incidents like this do not contain a huge element of driver carelessness. I sometimes have to drive over a very high mountain that is notorious for dense fog, and I've driven in conditions where visibility is under 100 feet, and still there are people driving 70mph.

It's amazing actually that there are not more massive pileups on the highways with the plethora of psychotic douchebags abusing the roads.

It's pretty rare that incidents like this do not contain a huge element of driver carelessness. I sometimes have to drive over a very high mountain that is notorious for dense fog, and I've driven in conditions where visibility is under 100 feet, and still there are people driving 70mph.

It's amazing actually that there are not more massive pileups on the highways with the plethora of psychotic douchebags abusing the roads.

This particular stretch of road is south of Lake Michigan, and this time of year, it has really bad "lake effect" snow.

Now if a posse of Millionaires had responded to this accident and saved a bunch of people like superheroes, you might have a point.

It isn't a political thread.
Get over it.

It should be.

When you guys put Chris Christie or Scott Walker on a pedestal for wanting to cut the pensions and wages and collective barganing rights of "government workers", just remember, these are the people you are going after.

The ones who risked life and limb to save lives last night.

Now, again, you guys would have a point if a posse of billionaires road in like Batman on their Dressage Horsies, but that never happens.

This particular stretch of road is south of Lake Michigan, and this time of year, it has really bad "lake effect" snow.

Then you would expect the people have experienced it before and know what to expect. People routinely drive in inclement weather like the roads are high and dry. One of the scariest things in the world is to be the only cautious driver and have people up your ass and passing you like a lunatic. Very scary.

We drive that stretch a lot between Grand Rapids and Chicago. Any time of the year that few miles can be a mess for a variety of reasons, but when winter's lake effect snow hits it can be brutal as we saw yesterday.

But I'm with the above poster. Way too many idiots on the road seem to be oblivious to the dangers of snowy/icy conditions and barrel along like they're on a summer drive or something. They deserve whatever fate awaits them for doing so, but unfortunately it's the innocent folks who are likely to get caught up in their stupidity.

We often have plans to make that drive in the winter to visit friends in Chicago but always add the caveat that the drive depends on the weather forecasts. If there's even a hint of lake effect snow we cancel or opt for Amtrak instead.

Usually, rdean takes the award, the cake, and the last bit of sanity. I guess poor Joe was feeling left out.

Now if a posse of Millionaires had rode in on their dressage Horses in response to this accident and saved a bunch of people like superheroes, you might have a point.

This is a current event discussion, not political.

Unless, that is, you think that weather is political.

Holy Hannah!

At least three dead in accident involving 15 semis on Indiana freeway - U.S. News

Complete white-out.

Sullivan said the victims are a 66-year-old Chicago-area man, who had a dog with him that also died, and a couple from Grand Rapids, Mich. The names were withheld until families are notified.

Twenty other people were hurt and taken to local hospitals, state police said. At least three were in critical condition.

All told, the crash -- which closed busy Interstate 94 for hours -- involved more than 40 vehicles, state troopers said. The freeway was expected to reopen westbound late Thursday.

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. Once it gets icy, there's no such thing as control. Just awful.

Then you would expect the people have experienced it before and know what to expect. People routinely drive in inclement weather like the roads are high and dry. One of the scariest things in the world is to be the only cautious driver and have people up your ass and passing you like a lunatic. Very scary.

I almost got rear ended when I pulled off to the side of the road because I couldn't see the hood ornament on my car. I do not understand why anyone keeps moving in conditions like that, much less drives at normal highway speeds.

This is a current event discussion, not political.

Unless, that is, you think that weather is political.

Are you off your meds again?

Frankly, I was praising the fine work of the GOVERNMENT employees. The firefighters, police officer, EMT's and tow truck drivers who responded to this emergency.

Oh, yeah, they are all in unions, get paid from taxes and stuff. How horrible.

Unless you were one of the hundreds of people trapped inthat accident, because the Posse of Dressage-Horse calvary wasn't coming to save you.

Forum List

Back