You might be a Christian fundamentalist...

Was it a Christian who drew that cartoon? I rest my case. ...

Yeah, it's not like any of the board's Christians have ever posted their bigoted nonsense in the form of cartoons...to the tune of a 37-page thread! ;)

Ernie s. said:
...Yelling and screaming about a few Christians protesting sacrilegious art is exactly what the cartoon accuses Christians of doing. ...

I think the cartoon's main message hinges on the irony of the persecution complex that seems to underpin modern Christian propaganda. About the only thing that makes 'irony' a more appropriate word than 'hypocrisy' is the fact that many Christians are blinded to the conflicted nature of their behavior by virtue of the irrational paradigm from which they routinely persecute others (albeit in the most loving ways possible!) as a matter of doctrine.

Ernie S. said:
...There are a whole lot more atheists here starting anti Christian threads than vice versa.

Not to concede the point (If not explicitly, isn't every Christian thread implicitly opposed to secularism on some level?), but even if that's true, I think it's more indicative of a few people blowing off some steam than anything else; which is both harmless and far less socially obtrusive than...say, the ongoing political activism/lobbyist efforts of the 'religious right'.

Besides, if this sort of thread didn't tend to generate such amusing responses from Christians and their defenders, the tide would probably ebb and recede out to sea. I hate to admit it, but nothing puts a grin on my face quicker than watching Christians climb up onto their crosses for their maudlin passion plays and figurative cries of "Persecution!" in these discussions. :laugh:

Christofascism (the name being a portmanteau of Christian and fascism) is a concept in Christian theology first mentioned by Dorothee Sölle, a Christian theologian and writer, in her book Beyond Mere Obedience: Reflections on a Christian Ethic for the Future in 1970.[1][2][3] To Sölle, Christofascism was caused by the embracing of authoritarian theology by the Christian church. According to Sölle, it is an arrogant, totalitarian, imperialistic attitude, characteristic of the church in Germany under Nazism, that she believed to be alive and well in the theological scene of the late 20th and turn of the 21st century.[4][5] Usage of the term became much more prominent in 2006–08,[6] as a backlash against increasing usage of the word Islamofascism by conservatives in the U.S., for example David Horowitz.[7]
Christofascism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

atheists use the courtroom instead......

Link, please.
????....you need a link to be convinced atheists file law suits?......Madelyn would be so embarrassed......

Lawsuits to convert people to atheism?

Or lawsuits to protect freedom of religion?
isn't protection from religion the atheist's religion?.....

Freedom from religion is a basic right that this nations founders recognized as a requirement for their independence from England. .
odd then they worded it "freedom OF religion" instead.......

speaking of examples, wouldn't it be irrational to believe someone could be vindictive AND self-loathing at the same time?......

speaking of examples, wouldn't it be irrational to believe someone could be vindictive AND self-loathing at the same time?......
Not when speaking of your vindictive, self-loathing christian zealots.

Hate, hate, hate. It's the engine that drives your pathology. You hate yourselves, you hate each other and you hate your miserable, fear imbibed lives.

Not when speaking of your vindictive, self-loathing christian zealots.

Hate, hate, hate. It's the engine that drives your pathology. You hate yourselves, you hate each other and you hate your miserable, fear imbibed lives.
then wouldn't I be vindictive against myself?......

hug an atheist....its's the only love their ever going to get......
and you know this..how?
do you know anyone who actually likes atheists?......except maybe another atheist of course.....
I am not an atheist and I like atheist a lot.....my brother is an atheist .... I believe in OSOTU [Operating System of The Universe]...I also refer to OSOTU as Tetragrammaton which is an ancient Hebrew names I think it means the four sounds of G*d....I shorten it to "tetra" and even Tets this force does not mind your nomenclature....

I am very familiar with Christian faith and dogma...Christians are supposed to love even their enemies so I do not see why Christians would not love an atheist.. Atheist are not even 'enemies" as such they simply do not believe in the existence of a God...Tetra says it "does not make no never mind" to him that atheist do not believe ...he shrugs that off ...says "whatever"

Forum List

Back