You might be a Christian fundamentalist...

So why not write us off as hopeless lunatics and stop starting anti religion thread after anti religion thread? You militant atheists are more irritating than the bible toters that walk up to your house. At least they're polite.

And at least half sane.

yzzjH0M.jpg

You might be a moon bat atheist if you constantly whine about Christians

You might be an atheist if you never go door-to-door trying to convert theists to atheism.

:)
atheists use the courtroom instead......

Link, please.
????....you need a link to be convinced atheists file law suits?......Madelyn would be so embarrassed......

Lawsuits to convert people to atheism?

Or lawsuits to protect freedom of religion?

You might be an atheist if you never go door-to-door trying to convert theists to atheism.

Link, please.
????....you need a link to be convinced atheists file law suits?......Madelyn would be so embarrassed......

isn't protection from religion the atheist's religion?.....

Link, please.

No. It's a constitutional right.

Link, please.

yes.....the atheists religious rights are also protected.....however they want to use the courts to impose their beliefs upon others......things like crosses must be banned from hilltops.....and school officials are not allowed to pray....

Link, please.

Freedom from religion is a basic right that this nations founders recognized as a requirement for their independence from England. The nations founders had direct experience with christian religious oppression and knew full well the dangers that theocracies presented to people of conscience.

I'm grateful to be protected from you more excitable and hate promoting of the Fundie christian ailment. You Pat Robertson clones are as much a danger to each other as you are to me.

Last edited:
Link, please.

yes.....the atheists religious rights are also protected.....however they want to use the courts to impose their beliefs upon others......things like crosses must be banned from hilltops.....and school officials are not allowed to pray....

You've been sitting, glassy-eyed and slack-jawed in front of 700 club reruns.

Link, please.

If an atheist group sues to have a cross removed from a hilltop, they are bound to lose that case. If the hilltop is public land, then whoever allowed it or put it there has broken the law. The constitution prohibits school officials from conducting prayer, but doesn't prohibit them from praying. If someone breaks civil law, they should expect to be sued.

Do these lawsuits force anyone to stop worshipping or believing as they choose? No.

Quit with the hysterics.

Why are you atheists not outraged at the Muslim prayer in the Oklahoma capital building? Where is your faux outrage at the Muslims? ...

Not to speak for the atheists (strident pantheist here), but from what I've seen over the years (especially post-9/11), about the only people more demonized by Christians than atheists...are Muslims. So, maybe there's a basis for some degree of empathy between atheists and Muslims. :dunno:

There's also the fact, that at least here in the US, Christianity in its various forms has traditionally held a great deal of political sway over the nation's lawmakers, which has resulted in the promotion of certain 'Christian values' in the legislative arena (always carefully designed to worm out of the intrinsic unconstitutionality of such legal influence, of course), so there's good reason for atheists and other groups to see the Christian Faith as more threatening to a free and open society than any other relgious faction in the United States.

For the most part though, of all the so-called 'strong atheists' I've personally interacted with, their enmity for "religious nuts" has extended to people of all faiths (myself included).

Capstone, I looked up pantheist and it said one who is a pantheist believes in all gods "equally" but your response here does not reflect that because I still detect a strong aversion to Jesus Christ (who is God and there is none other).

The other thing I would like to point out to you is that while you claim that the Christian faith is more threatening to a free and open society than any other religious faction in the USA I would say the facts of history prove you wrong.

Look at any nation that has removed the bible - freedom to own a bible and the more oppression you see against Christianity? The more closed and prison like the society. Whether it be China? Russia? Romania? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Iran? North Korea? It's always the same. No bible? No freedom!! Great freedom of the bible and preaching the Gospel? Great freedom to the nation and prosperity in all ways. That is how it has been down through history. That is how it shall continue to be.

Hahaha, please explain then how Christendom was so backwards for more than 1000 years (dark ages) until the sequential stages of the renaissance, enlightenment, and the industrial revolution? All changes of which which were characterized by secular humanism more-so than religion.

Link, please.

No. Lawsuits to prevent freedom of religion.
The Constitution has no guarantee of freedom FROM religion, only an amendment stating that Congress shall pass no laws prohibiting the free exercise of it.

Was it a Christian who drew that cartoon? I rest my case. Yelling and screaming about a few Christians protesting sacrilegious art is exactly what the cartoon accuses Christians of doing. There are a whole lot more atheists here starting anti Christian threads than vice versa.

Link, please.

No. Lawsuits to prevent freedom of religion.
The Constitution has no guarantee of freedom FROM religion, only an amendment stating that Congress shall pass no laws prohibiting the free exercise of it.

Can you tell me what lawsuits prevent freedom of religion?

Inherent in freedom of religion is not having one forced on you.

Fundamentalism is just the process of straining gnats, whilst swallowing camels.

Why are you atheists not outraged at the Muslim prayer in the Oklahoma capital building? Where is your faux outrage at the Muslims? ...

Not to speak for the atheists (strident pantheist here), but from what I've seen over the years (especially post-9/11), about the only people more demonized by Christians than atheists...are Muslims. So, maybe there's a basis for some degree of empathy between atheists and Muslims. :dunno:

There's also the fact, that at least here in the US, Christianity in its various forms has traditionally held a great deal of political sway over the nation's lawmakers, which has resulted in the promotion of certain 'Christian values' in the legislative arena (always carefully designed to worm out of the intrinsic unconstitutionality of such legal influence, of course), so there's good reason for atheists and other groups to see the Christian Faith as more threatening to a free and open society than any other relgious faction in the United States.

For the most part though, of all the so-called 'strong atheists' I've personally interacted with, their enmity for "religious nuts" has extended to people of all faiths (myself included).

Capstone, I looked up pantheist and it said one who is a pantheist believes in all gods "equally" but your response here does not reflect that because I still detect a strong aversion to Jesus Christ (who is God and there is none other).

The other thing I would like to point out to you is that while you claim that the Christian faith is more threatening to a free and open society than any other religious faction in the USA I would say the facts of history prove you wrong.

Look at any nation that has removed the bible - freedom to own a bible and the more oppression you see against Christianity? The more closed and prison like the society. Whether it be China? Russia? Romania? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Iran? North Korea? It's always the same. No bible? No freedom!! Great freedom of the bible and preaching the Gospel? Great freedom to the nation and prosperity in all ways. That is how it has been down through history. That is how it shall continue to be.

Hahaha, please explain then how Christendom was so backwards for more than 1000 years (dark ages) until the sequential stages of the renaissance, enlightenment, and the industrial revolution? All changes of which which were characterized by secular humanism more-so than religion.

Easily owned another ignorant atheist noob.

Actually the Dark Ages Never Existed by Marc Cortez Church History

Top 10 Reasons The Dark Ages Were Not Dark - Listverse

Medieval history Why are the Middle Ages often characterized as dark or less civilized

"So the idea that there was no innovation in the Middle Ages is simply wrong—it was a period of remarkable inventiveness. And the idea that Greek and Roman learning was forgotten until the Renaissance is complete nonsense. It had always been preserved by the church, and when conditions in Europe stabilized in the later 11th century, Western Christian scholars went in search of the works that had been lost. The revival came in the 12th century, long before the Renaissance. What the scholars and artists of the Renaissance movement did do is elevate the idolization of the Greeks and Romans to a new and, at times, strangely regressive level. So they denigrated the beautiful and technically advanced architecture of the later Middle Ages as barbaric (it's still called "gothic" to this day) and aped Greek and Roman styles. They also didn't pay much attention to Greek and Roman science, logic, and philosophy, since that had already been revived in the Middle Ages, but they idolized Greek and Roman literature, drama, and history instead.

The idea of the whole Middle Ages as a "dark age" therefore actually comes from the early modern Renaissance and humanist movements and their denigration of their immediate forebears and idolization and idealization of the Greeks and Romans. Thus, the period between the Romans and this idealization in the early modern era became called the medium aevum—the "ages in the middle," or the Middle Ages. They became traditionally characterized as a backward step, where art became "primitive" (because only realistic art could be "good" art), architecture was "barbaric" or "gothic," and innovation was stagnant.

These false ideas are still current partly because historians have only begun to revise our understanding of the Middle Ages quite recently and this is taking some time to seep into popular consciousness. But the prejudice against the Middle Ages is also driven by some strong cultural currents in our own time. Those with an animus against Christianity in general and the Catholic Church in particular like to cling to the old idea of the Middle Ages as a "dark age" because it suits their preconceptions about religion and forms a neat little fable where modernity is "good" and the medieval period is "bad." Historians avoid these simplistic value judgments and reject the assumptions on which they are made, but simple pseudo historical fairy tales are hard to budge."

... Freedom from religion is a basic right that this nations founders recognized as a requirement for their independence from England. ...

The word "religion" is not part of the declaration of the independence of the USA. What is your source? As far as I can see is "freedom from religion" not a human right but a form of antihuman antiright. The Nazis for example liked to be free from Jews.

Forum List

Back