Would You Pretend to be Gay to Belong?

In my youth I used to pretend to be from England all the time. Was great fun . . . until a girl who really was from England showed up. :mad:

My friend Lisa and I once convinced someone that my grandfather was black. :lol:

I have pretended to be a lesbian so some guy would stop talking to me.

Hmmm....pretend to be gay to belong to what?

Pretend to belong to, or get, anything your heart desires at the moment...

Well, I've done it to get left alone as Luissa said. But it didn't work out too well. Why do men have such a thing for lesbians anyway?

Never mind, on second thought I really don't need details. :lol:

So I guess the answer is a qualified "yes", assuming the pretense was temporary, very short term and rationally related to my goal.

In my youth I used to pretend to be from England all the time. Was great fun . . . until a girl who really was from England showed up. :mad:

My friend Lisa and I once convinced someone that my grandfather was black. :lol:

A buddy and I once convinced a cocktail waitress that we were twins who were separated at birth and reunited by accident.

Fun is an AWESOME reason to pretend!!!

Hmmm....pretend to be gay to belong to what?

Pretend to belong to, or get, anything your heart desires at the moment...

Well, I've done it to get left alone as Luissa said. But it didn't work out too well. Why do men have such a thing for lesbians anyway?

Never mind, on second thought I really don't need details. :lol:

So I guess the answer is a qualified "yes", assuming the pretense was temporary, very short term and rationally related to my goal.

Same reason women have a thing for expensive shoes... the likelihood of getting them. :D

Not to belong, no. What would the point of being fake to appeal to others if the fake part is the only thing they are interested in?

Sounds to me like "pretending" in this instance is actually.."lying".

I'm trying to think why I'd have to lie about my color, my sexual orientation, or my religion to "belong" to something. There's nothing I'd want to belong to that would require me to do that. If I have to lie, I don't want it.

As far as pretending to be lesbo to get rid of guys, all women know that doesn't work; the ones who do it actually do it to attract more attention. And it works.

I've certainly had guys pick up on me, have me set them down, and then had lesbians try to pick up on me, lol. That's always kinda funny. I think maybe when they see a woman say no to a guy they think she's gay?

So you knew that if you said a Black person was in your family the guy would leave you alone. Afterall, he wouldn't want to have anything to do with someone who had Black genes. Very smart!! I am a Black woman whose eyes are green, with long light brown hair and very, very light skin. Where do you think they came from? I have never pretended to be another race b/c I knew it would help me get out of a situation I did not want to be in. I hope you know that what you did is going to come back on you? The saying is "you reap what you sow". I am so glad I am not in your shoes.

Last edited:
How many of us pretend to give a shit about our work?

Most of us, I imagine.

I know damned well I did most of my life.

Ph I went through the motions and often make my bosses rich, and I pretended to actually care about the job, but I didn't.

What I cared about was my paycheck.

Not to belong, no. What would the point of being fake to appeal to others if the fake part is the only thing they are interested in?

The point would be whatever your heart desired, assuming your heart did not desire a long-term relationship based on mutual trust at that given moment.

Sometimes you know a relationship will be short term from the get-go.

Would you lie to a crazy person with a gun and claim to be a Muslim, if doing so would save your life now, enabling you to fight again another day?

I would.

Forum List

Back