Would You Pretend to be Gay to Belong?

Only to save my or anothers life would I pretend to be anything other than who I am at my soul.

I have never been good at deception.

It was never Fun for me to lie about anything.

I have lied like every human who is old enough to understand the differance between lie and truth but I never considered it fun and always felt like shit when I did do it.

I find it much easier to just tell the truth as best I can.

I sleep great because of it.

Not to belong, no. What would the point of being fake to appeal to others if the fake part is the only thing they are interested in?

The point would be whatever your heart desired, assuming your heart did not desire a long-term relationship based on mutual trust at that given moment.

Sometimes you know a relationship will be short term from the get-go.

Would you lie to a crazy person with a gun and claim to be a Muslim, if doing so would save your life now, enabling you to fight again another day?

I would.

Last statement is a given though. That is not to belong but to get out of a bad situation. Belonging suggests some sort of length involved. Most guys that are trolling for a one night stand will say all sort of lies like 'I'm not married' but those have nothing to do with 'belonging.' Those are to attain a short term goal. If that is what you are referring to then the answer would be yes, for everyone. I do not believe that anyone here is so adverse to a white lie that they would not use it in certain situation and that makes the OP rather silly.

Not to belong, no. What would the point of being fake to appeal to others if the fake part is the only thing they are interested in?

The point would be whatever your heart desired, assuming your heart did not desire a long-term relationship based on mutual trust at that given moment.

Sometimes you know a relationship will be short term from the get-go.

Would you lie to a crazy person with a gun and claim to be a Muslim, if doing so would save your life now, enabling you to fight again another day?

I would.

Last statement is a given though. That is not to belong but to get out of a bad situation. Belonging suggests some sort of length involved. Most guys that are trolling for a one night stand will say all sort of lies like 'I'm not married' but those have nothing to do with 'belonging.' Those are to attain a short term goal. If that is what you are referring to then the answer would be yes, for everyone. I do not believe that anyone here is so adverse to a white lie that they would not use it in certain situation and that makes the OP rather silly.

Call it "Poetic License" with regards to the title.

"... Pretend to Be Gay to Belong".

Kind of rolls off the tongue, don't you think? The thesis of the thread is not a definition of what it is to "Belong", it's a discussion of how easy it is and for what purpose any one of us is capable of telling sweet little lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretended to be straight throughout my adolescence. Even in the 70s it was not an option. It was an absolute requirement in all the communities I was transferred to (being a military dependent of an army sergeant) that absolutely no one knew who I was attracted to.

It wasn't until my mid thirties I was able to break free of all of that, and be who I am.

So really, is any one really being prosecuted for being straight? They really need to change their friendslist.

I'm having a hard time trying to imagine how this might come up. An all lesbians investment club? Gay gardeners?

Sure - all of the above. Would you pretend to be a bitch to belong to the bitchy book club? Would you pretend to be gay because lonely is miserable?

I'm having a hard time trying to imagine how this might come up. An all lesbians investment club? Gay gardeners?

Sure - all of the above. Would you pretend to be a bitch to belong to the bitchy book club? Would you pretend to be gay because lonely is miserable?

No, Avg-Joe, I would not. If the group was designed to be exclusive to GLBT people then I'd feel I was intruding.

BTW, I do not have to pretend to be a bitch....comes natural to me.

LOL.

No, Avg-Joe, I would not. If the group was designed to be exclusive to GLBT people then I'd feel I was intruding.

BTW, I do not have to pretend to be a bitch....comes natural to me.

LOL.

Yet even in your bitchiest moments you sparkle plenty! Kudos!

Hmmm....pretend to be gay to belong to what?

Pretend to belong to, or get, anything your heart desires at the moment...

Well, I've done it to get left alone as Luissa said. But it didn't work out too well. Why do men have such a thing for lesbians anyway?

Never mind, on second thought I really don't need details. :lol:

So I guess the answer is a qualified "yes", assuming the pretense was temporary, very short term and rationally related to my goal.

Lesbian sex does nothing for me. Nekkid women are great but together not a turn on.
A former team mate of mine stated in the early 70s that straight men should F E A R lesbian women. WTF and why I stated and asked as a hormoned raged straight 20 year old. "They will make the rest of the women realize that men are not necessary at all".

I guess it is that lesbian sex is continuous and long lasting and runs like that 396 Chevelle I used to drive, a long, long, long, long time.
Men are like bottle rockets. AWWWWWWWWW..........GAWD!!!.......................SPOOSH, BANG....over.

ymca.gif

This thread.

Pretend to belong to, or get, anything your heart desires at the moment...

Well, I've done it to get left alone as Luissa said. But it didn't work out too well. Why do men have such a thing for lesbians anyway?

Never mind, on second thought I really don't need details. :lol:

So I guess the answer is a qualified "yes", assuming the pretense was temporary, very short term and rationally related to my goal.

Lesbian sex does nothing for me. Nekkid women are great but together not a turn on.
A former team mate of mine stated in the early 70s that straight men should F E A R lesbian women. WTF and why I stated and asked as a hormoned raged straight 20 year old. "They will make the rest of the women realize that men are not necessary at all".

I guess it is that lesbian sex is continuous and long lasting and runs like that 396 Chevelle I used to drive, a long, long, long, long time.
Men are like bottle rockets. AWWWWWWWWW..........GAWD!!!.......................SPOOSH, BANG....over.

You have a point, for women you dont have to be a lesbian to enjoy sex with another woman.

Forum List

Back