Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

No...

I don't want to pay for your erratic lifestyle' you making poor decisions in eating habits, your erratic driving..

Your poor cowardly decisions in going for a liberal arts degrees.

No......

Pay for that crap yourself I am not your daddy...

Problem is you DO pay for that already, you pay for it with a dysfunctional society.

So you encourage it?

Again why the heck do I have to pay $1,200 a year on car insurance, a grand a year now in health insurance and God knows how much I put in the system in social security when I will never use it?

I hate this crap.

Sometimes you have to pay for things just in case. You could move to China, you don't pay for this, you get cancer, well, tough sheet, if you haven't saved up the money you die.

No...

I don't want to pay for your erratic lifestyle' you making poor decisions in eating habits, your erratic driving..

No......

Problem is you DO pay for that already, you pay for it with a dysfunctional society.

So you encourage it?

Again why the heck do I have to pay $1,200 a year on car insurance, a grand a year now in health insurance and God knows how much I put in the system in social security when I will never use it?

I hate this crap.

Sometimes you have to pay for things just in case. You could move to China, you don't pay for this, you get cancer, well, tough sheet, if you haven't saved up the money you die.

You ever hear of being a man and being proactive?

BTW not afraid to die, I believe in god, Jesus Christ...

That's the liberal arrogant atheist fear

To die.

No...

No......

So you encourage it?

I hate this crap.

To die.

What?

No...

No......

So you encourage it?

I hate this crap.

To die.
Breaking for angry hater dupes- SS is going nowhere, insurance is a damn good idea, a grand a year for ACA is a helluva deal. Go get your free tests and live, dingbat.

Breaking for angry hater dupes- SS is going nowhere, insurance is a damn good idea, a grand a year for ACA is a helluva deal. Go get your free tests and live, dingbat.

Give us the option to opt out and get no benefits from SS. Insurance is a privilege not a right and I will prefer to die before I take a penny of Government health care.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

Probably.

Take the UK. The UK government spends the same percentage of GDP on health as the US federal government. Yet the US spends DOUBLE on healthcare, and much of this goes on corruption anyway.

For the same money the US could have an amazing healthcare system that is also not messing people over, as happens all the time.

The corruption" in our system all involves defrauding the government, and you're terminally naive if you don't think the UK system has corruption. UK outcomes are grossly inferior to outcomes with our system. You pay for what you get, unless you're paying the government, that is.

No...

No......

Government is what makes society dysfunctional.

No. The corrrupt politicians you would be giving the tax money to would steal, lose or waste that money and give you crappy education and healthcare in return.

Better to keep your own money and provide both for yourself.
Really? Even though collage is now $20k a year? Cons never realize when things are broke cause they usually got there's already.
I went school by earning scholarships, taking out loans, and working 40+ hours a week...

And now you want me to pay for yours???

Get a fucking life, loser.
You went when school was affordable. It was $5k a year when I went. Graduated with $1500 debt.

You went to school when government subsidized and kept college affordable so yes asshole I want you to do the same for the next generation you greedy ignorant fuck.
Hey drippy nose. College is STILL subsidized. Public universities have been grabbing government handouts for decades. And THAT is the primary reason the cost to students has skyrocketed. These schools have no incentive to control costs. So they keep raising tuition. The school administrators are well aware that as long as the flow of money to them is non stop, they have no reason to make it more affordable. The federal student loan programs make college affordable in that the borrower has decades to repay.....
Greedy? you want others to pay for YOUR education because you think you're entitled to one. THAT is greed.
You want a college education? Pay up....

Conservatives have continued to slash government funding to public universities...that is why the tuition keeps increasing

They want college only for the rich

The truth is that funding has increased dramatically. Tuition keeps increasing because government keeps spending more and more money subsidizing college tuition. The more demand there is for a product, the higher the price goes.

No. The corrrupt politicians you would be giving the tax money to would steal, lose or waste that money and give you crappy education and healthcare in return.

Better to keep your own money and provide both for yourself.
Really? Even though collage is now $20k a year? Cons never realize when things are broke cause they usually got there's already.
I went school by earning scholarships, taking out loans, and working 40+ hours a week...

You went when school was affordable. It was $5k a year when I went. Graduated with $1500 debt.

You went to school when government subsidized and kept college affordable so yes asshole I want you to do the same for the next generation you greedy ignorant fuck.
Hey drippy nose. College is STILL subsidized. Public universities have been grabbing government handouts for decades. And THAT is the primary reason the cost to students has skyrocketed. These schools have no incentive to control costs. So they keep raising tuition. The school administrators are well aware that as long as the flow of money to them is non stop, they have no reason to make it more affordable. The federal student loan programs make college affordable in that the borrower has decades to repay.....
Greedy? you want others to pay for YOUR education because you think you're entitled to one. THAT is greed.

Conservatives have continued to slash government funding to public universities...that is why the tuition keeps increasing

College is no different than any other commodity: supply and demand.

When demand is high and supply is low, prices rise. When demand is low but supply is plentiful, prices decrease.

As a 70's teen, I can only remember a handful of fellow students who went to college. Lord knows how many made it all the way through. Today, much of a graduating class goes to college.

Why compete in price when there really is no competition?

The truth is that funding has increased dramatically. Tuition keeps increasing because government keeps spending more and more money subsidizing college tuition. The more demand there is for a product, the higher the price goes.
How come competition doesn't lower costs?

When demand is high and supply is low, prices rise. When demand is low but supply is plentiful, prices decrease.

As a 70's teen, I can only remember a handful of fellow students who went to college. Lord knows how many made it all the way through. Today, much of a graduating class goes to college.

Gas should be $7 a gallon

Yes, in a NY second. Germany is making it work.
And their taxes are confiscatory. No thanks.
Once again another liberal views all income as the property of government.

The left hates the right, they have no tolerance for anyone on the right, but they want our money to pay their bills.

Huh!!

The Red States are the leeches on the system.... Blue States are the net payers...
Bullshit. And what's that idea got to do with anything?
Whenever the subject of social programs and handouts is discussed, you lefties drag out this nonsense.

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
The OP is correct...Over one million people in the US earn college degrees. There are not enough of the kind of jobs they have been told they are entitled to, to go around. So only those degreed people with marketable degrees find careers. The rest wallow in their poor decisions. Which was to borrow a ton of money to earn a virtually worthless sheep skin...
So expensive gas will do what?

Yes, in a NY second. Germany is making it work.
And their taxes are confiscatory. No thanks.
Once again another liberal views all income as the property of government.

The left hates the right, they have no tolerance for anyone on the right, but they want our money to pay their bills.

Huh!!

The Red States are the leeches on the system.... Blue States are the net payers...

You realize that's an intentionally dishonest liberal talking point that's not true right?
Shit. You have to realize that once a lib is found to be fabricating their arguments, they will go on the attack. Honey BO BO is at her boiling point right now. She's getting ready to open her little lavender book of insults.
As far as these libs are concerned, only the talking points matter. As long as THEY control the narrative, all is well.

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
The OP is correct...Over one million people in the US earn college degrees. There are not enough of the kind of jobs they have been told they are entitled to, to go around. So only those degreed people with marketable degrees find careers. The rest wallow in their poor decisions. Which was to borrow a ton of money to earn a virtually worthless sheep skin...
So expensive gas will do what?
You're an asshole

Forum List

Back