Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

I went school by earning scholarships, taking out loans, and working 40+ hours a week...

And now you want me to pay for yours???

Get a fucking life, loser.
You went when school was affordable. It was $5k a year when I went. Graduated with $1500 debt.

You went to school when government subsidized and kept college affordable so yes asshole I want you to do the same for the next generation you greedy ignorant fuck.
Hey drippy nose. College is STILL subsidized. Public universities have been grabbing government handouts for decades. And THAT is the primary reason the cost to students has skyrocketed. These schools have no incentive to control costs. So they keep raising tuition. The school administrators are well aware that as long as the flow of money to them is non stop, they have no reason to make it more affordable. The federal student loan programs make college affordable in that the borrower has decades to repay.....
Greedy? you want others to pay for YOUR education because you think you're entitled to one. THAT is greed.
You want a college education? Pay up....

Conservatives have continued to slash government funding to public universities...that is why the tuition keeps increasing

They want college only for the rich

The truth is that funding has increased dramatically. Tuition keeps increasing because government keeps spending more and more money subsidizing college tuition. The more demand there is for a product, the higher the price goes.
How come competition doesn't lower costs?
Because there is no competition for students.

You went when school was affordable. It was $5k a year when I went. Graduated with $1500 debt.

You went to school when government subsidized and kept college affordable so yes asshole I want you to do the same for the next generation you greedy ignorant fuck.
Hey drippy nose. College is STILL subsidized. Public universities have been grabbing government handouts for decades. And THAT is the primary reason the cost to students has skyrocketed. These schools have no incentive to control costs. So they keep raising tuition. The school administrators are well aware that as long as the flow of money to them is non stop, they have no reason to make it more affordable. The federal student loan programs make college affordable in that the borrower has decades to repay.....
Greedy? you want others to pay for YOUR education because you think you're entitled to one. THAT is greed.

Conservatives have continued to slash government funding to public universities...that is why the tuition keeps increasing

The truth is that funding has increased dramatically. Tuition keeps increasing because government keeps spending more and more money subsidizing college tuition. The more demand there is for a product, the higher the price goes.
What do you do?

College is no different than any other commodity: supply and demand.

When demand is high and supply is low, prices rise. When demand is low but supply is plentiful, prices decrease.

As a 70's teen, I can only remember a handful of fellow students who went to college. Lord knows how many made it all the way through. Today, much of a graduating class goes to college.

Why compete in price when there really is no competition?
Gas should be $7 a gallon
Ok, I'll bite....Why?
The OP is correct...Over one million people in the US earn college degrees. There are not enough of the kind of jobs they have been told they are entitled to, to go around. So only those degreed people with marketable degrees find careers. The rest wallow in their poor decisions. Which was to borrow a ton of money to earn a virtually worthless sheep skin...
So expensive gas will do what?
You're an asshole
Whatsa matter? Can't back up your own statement? So you call me an asshole?
Typical. You libs lose every argument.
Ya know what? I think you libs should all have to pay a special premium price for your gas. Let's make it seven bucks a gallon.....

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

I'll be happy to answer your question. How high a tax would I accept to pay for some dumbass stranger I don't know, don't care about, have no obligation to, to go to college without paying a red cent himself? That would be 0%. Can't imagine why this even needs to be talked about.

If I wanted to send someone to college on my dime, I have children I actually gave birth to.

I'm getting increasingly tired of the notion that I'm supposed to "invest" more and more and more of my money so that people can coast through life on the assumption that I'm getting some apocryphal "return on investment" that used to just be called "people being productive members of society", and was considered an obligation on their part to provide, not an obligation on my part to purchase.

You will notice, by the way, that I never once "just called it stupid". Although it is.

What do you do?
Sole proprietor business.
What difference does it make?
Why do you care? You said "you're an asshole".....

When demand is high and supply is low, prices rise. When demand is low but supply is plentiful, prices decrease.

As a 70's teen, I can only remember a handful of fellow students who went to college. Lord knows how many made it all the way through. Today, much of a graduating class goes to college.

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
The OP is correct...Over one million people in the US earn college degrees. There are not enough of the kind of jobs they have been told they are entitled to, to go around. So only those degreed people with marketable degrees find careers. The rest wallow in their poor decisions. Which was to borrow a ton of money to earn a virtually worthless sheep skin...
You're an asshole
Ya know what? I think you libs should all have to pay a special premium price for your gas. Let's make it seven bucks a gallon.....
I was just commenting on your uncaring view of things. You really are an asshole.

I really don't know why they don't charge $4 a gallon at least. They know they can get it so why don't they?

What do you do?
Oh it matters what you do. Now it's all making sense. You aren't a worker nor do you probably even have a degree.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.

I'll be happy to answer your question. How high a tax would I accept to pay for some dumbass stranger I don't know, don't care about, have no obligation to, to go to college without paying a red cent himself? That would be 0%. Can't imagine why this even needs to be talked about.

If I wanted to send someone to college on my dime, I have children I actually gave birth to.

I'm getting increasingly tired of the notion that I'm supposed to "invest" more and more and more of my money so that people can coast through life on the assumption that I'm getting some apocryphal "return on investment" that used to just be called "people being productive members of society", and was considered an obligation on their part to provide, not an obligation on my part to purchase.

You will notice, by the way, that I never once "just called it stupid". Although it is.
Actually, not your money, only the rich and giant corps now getting away with murder, shortsighted Pub boob.

"Affordable nationalized healthcare"...

Ghetto dwellers actually believe it. Lol

Yeah, well, what can you expect from people whose grasp of the English language - putatively their mother tongue - is so bad their conversations are literally one step above chimps screeching and grunting?

Holy cats, I captioned a phone call like that last Saturday. Lasted an hour and a half, and I think I actually understood a grand total of MAYBE 15 minutes of it. And when I say "understood", I mean there were individuals words that sounded like English, but were strung together so ungrammatically that my computer actually packed it in and gave up. I didn't want to live anymore if people like that were actually allowed to vote and think they were . . . well, people.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why we are spending money to keep such violent, valueless primates alive, rather than simply letting Darwinism - which leftists claim to be the pinnacle of scientific fact - take its course.

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
You're an asshole
I was just commenting on your uncaring view of things. You really are an asshole.

I really don't know why they don't charge $4 a gallon at least. They know they can get it so why don't they?
Uncaring? About what?.....
Now, what is your reasoning behind your wish for expensive fuel?
"you know they can get it. so why don't they"......
Umm, gasoline is a commodity. Prices subject to market forces.
"they" , assuming you mean the oil companies right down to the retailers, do not set prices.
"They" don't charge $4 per gallon because at current market conditions, gasoline is not worth $4 per gallon..
Now, what is your incentive behind expensive fuel? Just answer the question...
What don't I care about that you think I should care about?

Actually, not your money, only the rich and giant corps now getting away with murder, shortsighted Pub boob.

Right, dumbfuck. Individuals don't pay any taxes. The corporations do. And unicorns farting glittery rainbows are flying out of your ass right now.

Piss off, loser.

Shut the fuck up. You master of vapidity.

Right, dumbfuck. Individuals don't pay any taxes. The corporations do. And unicorns farting glittery rainbows are flying out of your ass right now.

Piss off, loser.
Franco is flatulence on a keyboard.

What do you do?
If I care
Ok, I'll bite....Why?
You're an asshole

Uncaring? About what?.....
Now, what is your reasoning behind your wish for expensive fuel?
"you know they can get it. so why don't they"......
Umm, gasoline is a commodity. Prices subject to market forces.
"they" , assuming you mean the oil companies right down to the retailers, do not set prices.
"They" don't charge $4 per gallon because at current market conditions, gasoline is not worth $4 per gallon..
Now, what is your incentive behind expensive fuel? Just answer the question...
What don't I care about that you think I should care about?
Cost of college, degrees that are worthless, cost of schools. You're such an ass I don't even want to get into it with you. Wouldn't know where to begin and I'm certainly not going to let you control the conversation.

So are you super successful?

Piss off, loser.
On the other hand, the bloated rich are individuals, you ain't them, and 55% of giant corps pay no taxes at all, dumbasses. And no Dem is talking about raising taxes on YOU, only your Pub heroes are.

Last edited:

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
You're an asshole

You called that one dang the very next post.

Piss off, loser.
On the other hand, the bloated rich are individuals, you ain't them, and 55% of giant corps pay no taxes at all, dumbasses. And no Dem is talking about raising taxes on YOU, only your Pub heroes are.

Calm down before you burst a blood vessel.

Ok, I'll bite....Why?
You're an asshole

Because they don't set the prices.

Can't raise taxes to pay for it then say you're receiving it at no cost. Unless you expect the 49% of Americans who pay taxes to cover your tuition for you.

-Geaux

Forum List

Back