Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

Seeing that every single one of the top 10 best educational systems on earth are public...Well, it is up to us to fix our colleges and schools.

Cutting and gutting isn't the solution!

I doubt that the current public education system is top tier. Our children attend private schools and their scores rank in as some of the highest in the state.
Public school teachers make more. How do you attract the best without paying the best? This goes against all logic.
Then why are so many public school systems failing???

You have to look at the quality of the teachers, instead of just throwing money at them.
Mainly where SOCIETY is failing...those lazy, stupid blacks again...

Part of their failing is the single parent family that can't raise them right. That is very true,,but it is also our educational system and we should demand better quality teachers.

That of course means more pay.

Seeing that every single one of the top 10 best educational systems on earth are public...Well, it is up to us to fix our colleges and schools.

Cutting and gutting isn't the solution!

I doubt that the current public education system is top tier. Our children attend private schools and their scores rank in as some of the highest in the state.
Public school teachers make more. How do you attract the best without paying the best? This goes against all logic.

You have to look at the quality of the teachers, instead of just throwing money at them.

Part of their failing is the single parent family that can't raise them right. That is very true,,but it is also our educational system and we should demand better quality teachers.

Some of the highest pay scales in the nation are in cities with failing schools. Get rid of the fuck-ups before we talk money.

We need enterprise zones in cities, forgiveness of non-violent records in employment, a living wage, better public transportation etc to fix up inner city SOCIETY. Also training programs for the 3-4 MILLION tech jobs going begging.

How does either party hold any sway over college tuition fees?
Article and paragraph, please
I'm on a smart phone. It's a fact. Government use to subsidize state schools and teabaggers demanded cuts. What do I have to fucking educate you? You giving me homework? I'm your bitch now? Google boy.
No
I'm not your bitches to verify your claims.

You made a Bullshit claim that a political party played a role in controlling tuition costs.
I asked what authority either party has to do such a thing.

Your claim = your burden of proof
It was all too easy to fucking find you lazy piece of shit.

Having bankrupted his state with tax cuts over the last four years, Kansas’ Republican Governor, Sam Brownback, proposed on Feb. 5th to fill his budget gap by cutting $45 million from Education. That same day in Louisiana, Tea Party favorite Bobby Jindal faced an even larger shortfall, and for the same reason. He proposed cutting education by as much as $300 million. These cuts are more than just the ill-advised application of faulty economics the GOP is famous for; they represent the latest aspect of the Republican War on Education.
We were talking about tuition costs.
Are the STATE cuts specific to colleges or are we talking about public schools? Or both?

In either case, if we're talking about STATE colleges, GREAT :clap2:
That is the responsibility of the state, NOT the Fed Gov't.
And the reason they doubled in cost was Pubs cutting Fed aid under W, and before. Brilliant. And all to cut taxes on the bloated rich and corps. Great job.

How would a reduction in demand cause an increase in price?

No. The corrrupt politicians you would be giving the tax money to would steal, lose or waste that money and give you crappy education and healthcare in return.

Better to keep your own money and provide both for yourself.
Really? Even though collage is now $20k a year? Cons never realize when things are broke cause they usually got there's already.

And seldom do I see a liberal admit that they are the ones that broke it, ok never.

I'm on a smart phone. It's a fact. Government use to subsidize state schools and teabaggers demanded cuts. What do I have to fucking educate you? You giving me homework? I'm your bitch now? Google boy.
No

You made a Bullshit claim that a political party played a role in controlling tuition costs.

Having bankrupted his state with tax cuts over the last four years, Kansas’ Republican Governor, Sam Brownback, proposed on Feb. 5th to fill his budget gap by cutting $45 million from Education. That same day in Louisiana, Tea Party favorite Bobby Jindal faced an even larger shortfall, and for the same reason. He proposed cutting education by as much as $300 million. These cuts are more than just the ill-advised application of faulty economics the GOP is famous for; they represent the latest aspect of the Republican War on Education.
Are the STATE cuts specific to colleges or are we talking about public schools? Or both?

And the reason they doubled in cost was Pubs cutting Fed aid under W, and before. Brilliant. And all to cut taxes on the bloated rich and corps. Great job.

Why is it such a great thing to keep people out of college? Businesses are begging for h1b's and yet your solution is cut aid.

No

Why is it such a great thing to keep people out of college? Businesses are begging for h1b's and yet your solution is cut aid.

Businesses are begging for H1-Bs because they can pay then half of what they would have to pay an American with similar skills.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

We have colleges, community colleges, Ivy League or private schools ... which tuition would you have covered by taxpayers?

Should the government regulate tuition and what standards would they place on them?

What about those who don't qualify based on educational performances, should government lower standards in order to allow everyone the same opportunity?

Unlike social security, to which every contributing taxpayer benefits, not every individual might feel the need to go to school. What about those taxpayers who choose not to attend?

There are a lot of variables which must be considered with regard to college tuition. Allowing government to control college tuition would lead to government controlling which topics or classes they would "endorse" that satisfies the ideological views of those politicians in office. Quite frankly I don't want a commitee of bureaucrats to have any more decision making control over my private life. Government has done enough damage to this country already.

I will give you the European answers to this:

We have colleges, community colleges, Ivy League or private schools ... which tuition would you have covered by taxpayers?
You can have private schools but the best are public. Why because only dumb kids with rich daddies have to pay.

Should the government regulate tuition and what standards would they place on them?
Actually they regulate that is fair and standards are in place. But the height of the standards is left to the institution. Everyone knows that all that entered the course hit a market driven standard (supply and demand)

What about those who don't qualify based on educational performances, should government lower standards in order to allow everyone the same opportunity?
No. The entrance is blind on only education standards. No race, gender,... quota... It is on pure merit (exam based) of the student (be he from Compton or Hamptons)

Unlike social security, to which every contributing taxpayer benefits, not every individual might feel the need to go to school. What about those taxpayers who choose not to attend?
Look at every study, educated student contribute more to society and pay more tax on a whole than uneducated. The return on investment is around 9 to 1. So we won't charge uneducated ones.

Universities set the courses. They set courses which attract students (all course cost app $2500 fees a year). If the university/college put on an attractive course then it fill up and the college gets more money (more students, more money). Guess what being a doctor, vet, lawyer... is very popular(out of best universities). But students don't always pick the best they could get some prefer to be an engineer than a doctor... The logistics is you have a list and you offered on points gained and demand for the course.
Business really gets involved with what courses they want on, Intel, Google, IBM, Microsoft are great for commenting and telling potential students to go for the tech subjects (supplying computer and all)... Biomed is also big...

The big thing is that there is a market, with competition between students for the best courses based on exam based results only.
You get to the points (the points needed for every course are advertised in the newspaper et all), your in.

Actually if public schools were "better" we wouldn't have students in European nations graduating with the achievement of learning more than one foreign language. They are more often in a better position to compete globally than many high school graduates in this country. Public education doesn't have a very good proven record in comparison, yet that's the direction you now want our college education to follow.

If (as you have stated) an educated student contributes more to society and pays more tax on a whole than the uneducated, then what is your response to those who are public school drop outs and never graduate? This only supports what I have stated previously, not everyone feels the need to persue additional education.

Taxpayers paying for college education is not a simple cut and dry answer, and is just another excuse to grow government into having more and more influence and reach into our private lives. We don't need government to put their hands in college tuition, only to turn around and use it as leverage to dictate what courses, ideology, and political propaganda they want our universities to follow. We have the GI Bill, grants, financial loan programs, and minority groups that assist in giving those who can't afford it opportunities to achieve higher education. I'd prefer those who seek higher education, work to attain those achievements and pursue it through those venues that can assist them with meeting that goal. We have enough debt in this country, what we don't need is another Federal program that gives an excuse for our government to spend more. I believe, after seeing the national debt under this administration plunge into the trillions, that we've certainly spent more than enough.

Businesses are begging for H1-Bs because they can pay then half of what they would have to pay an American with similar skills.

This is why we need to tariff the shit out of all imports and make sure no more h1b's come here. Americans deserve to be paid enough to survive within our own country.

Some of the highest pay scales in the nation are in cities with failing schools. Get rid of the fuck-ups before we talk money.
Would you go work in the hood? The citizens get low payed teachers because the families don't make a lot so they don't pay a lot of taxes. Now add to that corporations don't want to pay to educate their future work force. Lansing needs to help fix Detroit.

Thank Pubs for refusing a good SS ID card for about 40 years...they actually LOVE illegals, Pub dupe.

Yup. They post an application for so many months but ask for the perfect candidate. When they don't find someone perfect, they apply for a h1 visa and pay Indians half.

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.
NO!......Pay your own way....

No. The corrrupt politicians you would be giving the tax money to would steal, lose or waste that money and give you crappy education and healthcare in return.

Really? Even though collage is now $20k a year? Cons never realize when things are broke cause they usually got there's already.
HA!...If this is what you believe, then you are out of touch with reality.

What makes you think a college education is an entitlement?

What's with all these liers? Anyone who works for a living knows taxes were raised 2% and Obama care tax.
First they were lowered, dumbass, and Pubs blocked continuing it. O-Care tax, bs, and wasn't for 5 years ANYWAY. What planet do you live on? BS Pub World, of course.

I live on planet earth it's obvious you live on Uranus....

2013, most Americans had a good bit less money, after adjusting for taxes, than the year before. That's because in 2013, a huge tax increase affecting ordinary workers took effect, raising the employee payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent. A worker earning $50,000 a year saw disposable income decline by $1,000.
So, Obama raising taxes on the poor within 2 months turned out to be PUBS raising taxes on them after 4 years? lol

No Obama slammed the poor and middle class with a big ass tax increase in Feb 2009...then...wait for it...yes several of the greedy liberal run states followed his lead increasing the state taxes even more. With friends like liberals the poor and middle class don't need enemies.
Link? You are out of your tiny brainwashed little mind. He reduced the payroll tax, period.

You need a link to what's widely reported in the news and is a matter of public record? Do you also need a link to find the toilet in your house?

It's $20k a year because of people like you.

I went school by earning scholarships, taking out loans, and working 40+ hours a week...

And now you want me to pay for yours???

Get a fucking life, loser.
You went when school was affordable. It was $5k a year when I went. Graduated with $1500 debt.

You went to school when government subsidized and kept college affordable so yes asshole I want you to do the same for the next generation you greedy ignorant fuck.
Hey drippy nose. College is STILL subsidized. Public universities have been grabbing government handouts for decades. And THAT is the primary reason the cost to students has skyrocketed. These schools have no incentive to control costs. So they keep raising tuition. The school administrators are well aware that as long as the flow of money to them is non stop, they have no reason to make it more affordable. The federal student loan programs make college affordable in that the borrower has decades to repay.....
Greedy? you want others to pay for YOUR education because you think you're entitled to one. THAT is greed.
You want a college education? Pay up....

No Dem is talking about taxing the nonrich more, just the bloated rich and giant corporations.
Even the tea baggers see the GOp are trying to raise our taxes after cutting taxes on the rich and they are now in favor of or open to raising corporate taxes instead of doing what the GOP want and that's raise ours.

And this is after bushanomics made guys like trump billions of dollars. Think about that. Trump goes from $1 billion to $8 billion, it does not trickle down like they said it would, we're broke, and now the GOP want to raise middle class taxes?
Oh stop complaining.....Jesus Christ.. all you people do is whine like babies.

Forum List

Back