POLL: Do you WANT to heal our divisions?

Do you WANT to see our divisions healed?

• Total voters
Obviously that's all you bothered to read.

Okay, I knew I was wasting my time.

I read your responses to conservative posts. I don't see any criticism of those on the left and what they post. You support Biden and his policies, if you don't, point to any posts you've made in agreement with those on the right criticizing him? You won't be able to do that, because you've never done it. Your posting history speaks for itself. And yes, you're wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise, you can't.

That’s the least of the problems; the childlike “good v. evil” bromides.

As you have done, you show them a quote from Trump’s campaign manager saying he wants to destroy the institution of government and it has zero effect on them. Why? I guess some don’t believe it which is bad. But I think most of them simply don’t care. They grew up watching TV and professional wrestling and think that somehow, this is all a show and next Saturday night, everything will be reset. If there is a government that backs their money today great. If that government is gone tomorrow...they think that is great too because...somehow in their mind; none of this matters. You see it every few months in specific relief on the debt ceiling which passed without a mention from 2017 to 2020...now it’s a sign that the apocalypse is upon us if it is increased.

Unproven
Unproven
About this rating

In February 2017, an image macro featuring President Donald Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, along with a purported quote of his began to circulate online, holding that Bannon had once proclaimed:

I'm a Leninist. Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that's my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's establishment.

Unlike other image macros of its ilk, this one did replicate a seemingly documented quote, one recorded in an article published by the Daily Beast. On 22 August 2016, writer Ronald Radosh recounted a conversation he reportedly had with Bannon at a party he attended in 2013:

[...] we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant.
“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

Bj - Recap
The Daily Beast - pushes notoriously false propaganda.
Bannon wished to minimize the power of The Establishments, The Duopoly of the two parties.
That is a very common sentiment of the country and many posters here.
Old Mac might be #1 here.
Maybe he is actually Bannon.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

We were at least as divided in the 60s and 70s. Both parties started out committed to segregation and vietnam. People changed. Today we just have minorities on left and right who don't want to compromise. Are people going to change on not allowing other people to have abortions? I think that one's pretty set. But Trump's trying outreach to blacks and .... mebxicans. RuPaul wants to be mainstream. But his act was to be opposite. We'll see. In the 60s and 70s people defended being antigay as being pro-defense.

Biden's weak cause the progs blew up inflation. But dem economists see a 2% inflation as too low to promote wage growth. Trump's weak because .... he's Trump. Will JD Vance be able to articuate what American First means? Who knows. But the largest pol party is unaffiliated.

I'm just an Independent. Nothing special. I'm not ideological.

You're invited to read a couple of posts starting at #527 here: Can we heal the divide?

Or you can read the posts beginning at #85 on this thread.

Or you can read this link in my sig: Where does Mac1958 actually stand on the issues?

I don’t need to read those. I’d rather read the other threads by doing a search on your name that make it appear you are more aligned with the left.

It doesn’t matter though, that’s, not the point of this thread. So fine, if it’s not you, that’s ok, my point remains the same. “People” on the left using all of the dirty tricks to remove their opposition. It’s going to be hard to heal any kind of rift with this kind of mindset.

As long as (a) collaboration & cose are equated with weakness, and (b) so many of us really don't want our divisions healed, we're in serious trouble.AA
Sure. But is Alito about compromise? AIPAC is calling kids concerned about 20k dead kids antisemitic. At least some glbt folks want diverstiy taught in grade school. Some of those books in libraries are not appropriate .... most agree.

So, imo, what we have is people on both spectrums wanting to divide. Biden's a centrist but he's old. I don't see a unifier, but in 1976 I thought Reagan was unelectable.

LoLing @ all these "I don't want to heal divisions w/X people" who've been the ONLY ones always declaring the "that's so divisive" statement when an argument isn't going their way.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC #AllRepublicansHaveForAmericaIsMORECultureWarBS

Anyone's polictics shouldn't matter for the thread. But you hit a nerve by suggesting some may need to compromise. kudos

I’m willing to compromise…you tell me what compromise you want and I’ll tell you what compromise I’d make..

LoLing @ all these "I don't want to heal divisions w/X people" who've been the ONLY ones always declaring the "that's so divisive" statement when an argument isn't going their way.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC #AllRepublicansHaveForAmericaIsMORECultureWarBS
What's with the bold face, 2nd grader?

That’s the least of the problems; the childlike “good v. evil” bromides.

As you have done, you show them a quote from Trump’s campaign manager saying he wants to destroy the institution of government and it has zero effect on them. Why? I guess some don’t believe it which is bad. But I think most of them simply don’t care. They grew up watching TV and professional wrestling and think that somehow, this is all a show and next Saturday night, everything will be reset. If there is a government that backs their money today great. If that government is gone tomorrow...they think that is great too because...somehow in their mind; none of this matters. You see it every few months in specific relief on the debt ceiling which passed without a mention from 2017 to 2020...now it’s a sign that the apocalypse is upon us if it is increased.
You sure have a lot of time on your hands.

let’s define getting along:
Democrats demand capitulation to their agenda and policies, their way or the highway, or they cry foul and stomp their feet.
Republicans: demand adherence to the constitution, “freedom to choose” yet define “freedom to choose” based on their beliefs. They often capitulate and are willing to sacrifice the economic health of the country to promote the notion of getting along.
Both Republicans and Democrats fail to realize the future financial impact their policies will have on succeeding generations. Both fail to address the elephant in the room and kick the can down the road. Neither is willing to balance the budget and make tough decisions due to their narcissistic need to remain in control.
So can they find common ground and think of anyone but themselves? Nope it’s what politics is all about and why the best and brightest stay clear of elected office.

Some people say our divisions are not that big a deal, that we've seen them before. Personally I don't think that's true. One thing that concerns me the most is the amount of people who don't seem to WANT our divisions healed. It seems they'd rather have some kind of final, winner-take-all war, thinking the other side can somehow be eliminated.

Do you want to see our divisions healed? It would certainly require communication with people who disagree with you, and you would have to bend somewhat, regardless of where you stand politically.

Do you WANT to heal our divisions?​

I’ve found that anytime a Leftist such as yourself asks that question what they really mean is… ……”Hey core American…do you want to stop complaining about the illegals we shove down your throat, stop complaining about the chicks with dicks in your bathrooms, your kids classrooms and in women’s sports because if you do and you just look the other way while we transform your nation into the shithole we long for we can then heal the divide.”

Last edited:

Do you WANT to heal our divisions?​

I’ve found that anytime a Leftist such as yourself asks that question what they really mean is… ……”Hey core American…do you want to stop complaining about the illegals we shove down your throat, stop complaining about the chicks with dicks in your bathrooms, your kids classrooms and in women’s sports because if you do, and you just look the other way while we transform your nation into the shithole we long for we can then heal the divide.”

Democrats have changed a lot of words - one that remains unchanged though is that to a Democrat "compromise" means capitulation to Democrat Positions.

This isn't a joke. This a large reason we're sucking hind tit. Fear sells. Fear entertains. Fear motivates.
Shouldn’t core Americans “fear” the idea of their nation becoming Mexico? Shouldn’t they ”fear” moral decay? Shouldn’t they “fear” the idea of chicks with dicks in their children's restrooms, classrooms and in womens sports? Shouldn't they “fear” higher taxes, lawlessness, more homelessness and degradation?
What conservative ideals should Libs “fear”?

Shouldn’t core Americans “fear” the idea of their nation becoming Mexico? Shouldn’t they ”fear” moral decay? Shouldn’t they “fear” the idea of chicks with dicks in their children's restrooms, classrooms and in womens sports? Shouldn't they “fear” higher taxes, lawlessness, more homelessness and degradation?
What conservative ideals should Libs “fear”?

Religious fanatics won't let some places sell alcohol before noon on Sunday.

Forum List

Back