Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.
However I suppose too many people won't accept my idea just calling it stupid.

We have colleges, community colleges, Ivy League or private schools ... which tuition would you have covered by taxpayers?

Should the government regulate tuition and what standards would they place on them?

What about those who don't qualify based on educational performances, should government lower standards in order to allow everyone the same opportunity?

Unlike social security, to which every contributing taxpayer benefits, not every individual might feel the need to go to school. What about those taxpayers who choose not to attend?

There are a lot of variables which must be considered with regard to college tuition. Allowing government to control college tuition would lead to government controlling which topics or classes they would "endorse" that satisfies the ideological views of those politicians in office. Quite frankly I don't want a commitee of bureaucrats to have any more decision making control over my private life. Government has done enough damage to this country already.

I will give you the European answers to this:

We have colleges, community colleges, Ivy League or private schools ... which tuition would you have covered by taxpayers?
You can have private schools but the best are public. Why because only dumb kids with rich daddies have to pay.

Should the government regulate tuition and what standards would they place on them?
Actually they regulate that is fair and standards are in place. But the height of the standards is left to the institution. Everyone knows that all that entered the course hit a market driven standard (supply and demand)

What about those who don't qualify based on educational performances, should government lower standards in order to allow everyone the same opportunity?
No. The entrance is blind on only education standards. No race, gender,... quota... It is on pure merit (exam based) of the student (be he from Compton or Hamptons)

Unlike social security, to which every contributing taxpayer benefits, not every individual might feel the need to go to school. What about those taxpayers who choose not to attend?
Look at every study, educated student contribute more to society and pay more tax on a whole than uneducated. The return on investment is around 9 to 1. So we won't charge uneducated ones.

Universities set the courses. They set courses which attract students (all course cost app $2500 fees a year). If the university/college put on an attractive course then it fill up and the college gets more money (more students, more money). Guess what being a doctor, vet, lawyer... is very popular(out of best universities). But students don't always pick the best they could get some prefer to be an engineer than a doctor... The logistics is you have a list and you offered on points gained and demand for the course.
Business really gets involved with what courses they want on, Intel, Google, IBM, Microsoft are great for commenting and telling potential students to go for the tech subjects (supplying computer and all)... Biomed is also big...

The big thing is that there is a market, with competition between students for the best courses based on exam based results only.
You get to the points (the points needed for every course are advertised in the newspaper et all), your in.

This is a stupid OP- Should be, "higher taxes on the rich and giant corps ..."
Then send your buddy Ted a bill to make up for the tax losses when he ships jobs (and tax money) overseas for personal profit.

And he's not even an American.

This is the laugh. You need a environment to make money. The GOP doesn't offer that, the want the business to be too unstable.

Nice boring predictable supply of customers and staff is generally best...

Which purposes do our taxes go to? This is kind of regarding the controversy in the US. For higher taxes (how high would you allow? 30% or more?) Instead of payment changes per school district, a fixed amount budget per school. College at no cost as in tuition is 0, still paid by taxes. No payment per semester/quarter. Don't need loans for education.

There are a lot of variables which must be considered with regard to college tuition. Allowing government to control college tuition would lead to government controlling which topics or classes they would "endorse" that satisfies the ideological views of those politicians in office. Quite frankly I don't want a commitee of bureaucrats to have any more decision making control over my private life. Government has done enough damage to this country already.

You can have private schools but the best are public. Why because only dumb kids with rich daddies have to pay.

Actually they regulate that is fair and standards are in place. But the height of the standards is left to the institution. Everyone knows that all that entered the course hit a market driven standard (supply and demand)

No. The entrance is blind on only education standards. No race, gender,... quota... It is on pure merit (exam based) of the student (be he from Compton or Hamptons)

Look at every study, educated student contribute more to society and pay more tax on a whole than uneducated. The return on investment is around 9 to 1. So we won't charge uneducated ones.

Universities set the courses. They set courses which attract students (all course cost app $2500 fees a year). If the university/college put on an attractive course then it fill up and the college gets more money (more students, more money). Guess what being a doctor, vet, lawyer... is very popular(out of best universities). But students don't always pick the best they could get some prefer to be an engineer than a doctor... The logistics is you have a list and you offered on points gained and demand for the course.
Business really gets involved with what courses they want on, Intel, Google, IBM, Microsoft are great for commenting and telling potential students to go for the tech subjects (supplying computer and all)... Biomed is also big...

The big thing is that there is a market, with competition between students for the best courses based on exam based results only.
You get to the points (the points needed for every course are advertised in the newspaper et all), your in.
That still doesn't explain why US taxpayers should subsidize a foreign business.

Face it, you have an agenda, and it's to get your hand in US taxpayers' pockets.

Then send your buddy Ted a bill to make up for the tax losses when he ships jobs (and tax money) overseas for personal profit.

This is the laugh. You need a environment to make money. The GOP doesn't offer that, the want the business to be too unstable.

Then educate your own workers and quit trying to stick US with the bill.

Angry old white a-hole hater dupes....wonder why the world hates them...lol

Franco,
I am presuming you taught better than this..

The right wingers on this forum are unhirable in our industry. We need people who can behave in discussions. These guys start to get a knock and they resort to personal insults and ridicule. Could you imagine them in front of a corporate client?

So we have to take what they say with a pinch of salt...
Nope, Franco's a typical Lib....

Want to hire him???

Well Franco has at least the manners to know how to behave.

Sassy thinks I am funded like it is charity. It is business and in business there is a way to behave and insults and grandstanding is unacceptable.
Franco as a businessman, I hope you would agree.
Lol, the employees you get from over here even get a huge tax credit, so we don't get a return on the investment.

It varies, nothing as good as in Europe.. Ireland especially.

I can hire a guy in Ireland for 9 months if he is on welfare for nothing and then get €10,000 if take him on for 6 months.

That really takes away my risk... It still costs me other stuff and invest a lot in new employees, but I like investing in people.

Some European countries are very business friendly especially if you are in the manufacturing or R&D. They promote high end jobs which drive an economy. The government actually try and help at every chance.

That still doesn't explain why US taxpayers should subsidize a foreign business.

Face it, you have an agenda, and it's to get your hand in US taxpayers' pockets.

I provide jobs, you bitch when they go to China but when they come to you you bitch as well...

You live in a global market place.

Is the GOP line: We don't want jobs?

Turning down jobs again.. You are not on any local enterprise board, are you?

Angry old white a-hole hater dupes....wonder why the world hates them...lol

Franco,

The right wingers on this forum are unhirable in our industry. We need people who can behave in discussions. These guys start to get a knock and they resort to personal insults and ridicule. Could you imagine them in front of a corporate client?

Want to hire him???

Sassy thinks I am funded like it is charity. It is business and in business there is a way to behave and insults and grandstanding is unacceptable.
Lol, the employees you get from over here even get a huge tax credit, so we don't get a return on the investment.

I can hire a guy in Ireland for 9 months if he is on welfare for nothing and then get €10,000 if take him on for 6 months.

That really takes away my risk... It still costs me other stuff and invest a lot in new employees, but I like investing in people.

Some European countries are very business friendly especially if you are in the manufacturing or R&D. They promote high end jobs which drive an economy. The government actually try and help at every chance.
Then invest in them and your business, and quit acting like a lazy welfare Lib looking for a handout from US taxpayers.

We were talking about tuition costs.
Are the STATE cuts specific to colleges or are we talking about public schools? Or both?

In either case, if we're talking about STATE colleges, GREAT :clap2:
That is the responsibility of the state, NOT the Fed Gov't.
And the reason they doubled in cost was Pubs cutting Fed aid under W, and before. Brilliant. And all to cut taxes on the bloated rich and corps. Great job.

Even the Army are saying that the education system isn't giving them enough educated candidates.
The Army?
The branch of service that has the lowest ASVAB requirements?
:lol:

http://history.army.mil/events/ahts...minar6/sem6_MarkFry_text_ImpactOfEdLevels.pdf
You still haven't addressed my question of why AMERICAN taxpayers should foot the bill for educating those people in order for YOU to turn a profit working them overseas, where we can't even get a return on the investment through taxes.

Employees pay taxes.

Turning down jobs again.. You are not on any local enterprise board, are you?
Depends on what you mean by local. Shipping jobs overseas to enrich you doesn't qualify.

And the reason they doubled in cost was Pubs cutting Fed aid under W, and before. Brilliant. And all to cut taxes on the bloated rich and corps. Great job.

Even the Army are saying that the education system isn't giving them enough educated candidates.
The Army?

http://history.army.mil/events/ahts...minar6/sem6_MarkFry_text_ImpactOfEdLevels.pdf
You still haven't addressed my question of why AMERICAN taxpayers should foot the bill for educating those people in order for YOU to turn a profit working them overseas, where we can't even get a return on the investment through taxes.

Employees pay taxes.
We have an overseas tax credit, so guess again. You should know that if you actually run a business, since you would have to deduct taxes from your employees' paychecks.

Franco,

Want to hire him???

Then invest in them and your business, and quit acting like a lazy welfare Lib looking for a handout from US taxpayers.

I am not.. I did not complain, I just pointed out the difference.

I am in business in America having to take higher risks there than I do in Ireland. I still do it. The risk is calculated.

I do invest in US staff but I am just pointing out that some GOP policies make it harder to do business rather than easier.

How does either party hold any sway over college tuition fees?
Article and paragraph, please
I'm on a smart phone. It's a fact. Government use to subsidize state schools and teabaggers demanded cuts. What do I have to fucking educate you? You giving me homework? I'm your bitch now? Google boy.
No
I'm not your bitches to verify your claims.

You made a Bullshit claim that a political party played a role in controlling tuition costs.
I asked what authority either party has to do such a thing.

Your claim = your burden of proof
“Public education is under attack. We are living through a movement in which schooling is being radically re-envisioned as a private rather than a public enterprise, with little debate over whether the ideology of the free market belongs in American schools in the first place.”

Diane Ravitch – Former US Assistant Secretary of Education

Turds like you never question whether the ideology of big government belongs in schools, do they?
See every one? Once you prove to a Republican that the GOP is anti public schools, they will switch from denying it to defending it. So at least now we have one fucktard who admits they are anti public education. Thanks bripat9643 for at least being honest.

We already had this debate, about 200 fucking years ago. And moderates and independents need to realize what the Republican agenda is. And what it is IS no good for middle class and poor Americans. If you are rich this works great because it will lower your taxes and you can afford private school for your kids.

I remember a system like that before America. It was called England. The rich had great schools. The small working class merchants didn't complain but the masses commonly referred to as the rabble didn't have it so good. This is what you will return us to you fuck. And are you sure you, your neighbors, your kids, your other relatives and your friends will all do well in this new America? I say they won't. You're dumb.

We had universal public education in America 200 years ago? I'll be damned! I didn't know that.

BTW, you never answered my question: do you ever question whether the ideology of big government belongs in schools?

Want to hire him???

I am in business in America having to take higher risks there than I do in Ireland. I still do it. The risk is calculated.

I do invest in US staff but I am just pointing out that some GOP policies make it harder to do business rather than easier.
Then invest in your business, instead of looking for a government handout.

Education and other public services have become a corrupted money making scam like pretty much everything government touches. Pretty sweet deal retire at 55 or even earlier with a fat pension and free healthcare for life courtesy of the taxpayers. And in some liberal states those state pensions, yep not subject to state income tax.

That just sounds like jealousy.

Yes liberal countries are better educated, lower crime rates, better access to healthcare and education... They also retire earlier and have a higher quality of life.

And they are going broke doing it

No better or worse than the US....

All the more reason to stop the insanity, you want to go to college then YOU pay for it. I have no desire to fund you

Equal access to Education gives every child a more equal access at life. If a child is smart & studies hard he has an equal chance of advancement as a child who parents are rich.

Public education is generally cheaper than Private. Education pays a 9 to 1 on extra taxes collected later in life.

So you might not want to pay for it but US society needs Engineers, Doctors, Nurses.... then US deserve the best ones...

GOvernment schools are vastly more expensive than private schools. Where did you get this crap that they're cheaper? Also, where did you get this factoid that education pays a 9 to 1 on extra taxes collected later in life? That sounds entirely made up to me.

IF you believe public schools give a kid an "equal chance" ad advancement, you are delusional. Half the students graduate from public schools without even being able to read.

The Army?

Employees pay taxes.
We have an overseas tax credit, so guess again. You should know that if you actually run a business, since you would have to deduct taxes from your employees' paychecks.

Right I have Irish, UK, Czech and US employees... They pay taxes in their home countries...

That is what I said... We book some profits in the US (accountant told us it is probably best to pay something) but most of it is in Ireland where our headquarters are.

And they are going broke doing it

No better or worse than the US....

All the more reason to stop the insanity, you want to go to college then YOU pay for it. I have no desire to fund you

Equal access to Education gives every child a more equal access at life. If a child is smart & studies hard he has an equal chance of advancement as a child who parents are rich.

Public education is generally cheaper than Private. Education pays a 9 to 1 on extra taxes collected later in life.

So you might not want to pay for it but US society needs Engineers, Doctors, Nurses.... then US deserve the best ones...
And we also pay for useless degrees with no demand...

Do we get a refund for those???

Besides, if you are a Doctor, Nurse, or Engineer, you're knocking off a pretty good paycheck (if you're not a dud)... Scholarships are available to get you started (if you're bright enough), and you can afford to repay your loans.

Useless degree are not applied for when all degrees are affordable,
This system is in nearly every country in Europe. College courses cost about $2500 a year, for every course.

How much debt do you want students to accumulate at such a young age. Do banks trust them? Why does the student have to risk all, they can't even claim bankruptcy on it.

Scholarships are method of one group offering charity on to another. The receiver is not getting it by right. It means that rich can alway put themselves at the top and give scraps... By the way the rich receive most of the scholarships any way.

It's amazing how much fallacious crap you can cram into a single post.

Then invest in your business, instead of looking for a government handout.

Again not asking, just pointing out the GOP policies are making US uncompetitive.

Forum List

Back