Windows 10 is

You don't live in the US........
Don´t you have magazines and onlinemags that report about programs like Libre Office?
Yeah but like you we have typical users who don't know or even care to look for them and that's the vast majority of users in the world. They want to turn their computer on and have it just work, they don't care how it works as long as it works. Stop projecting your interests and knowledge base on everyone, we are in the minority..........
Open Office has almost 30 million downloads from a single page:
Büro-Software Top 100 Downloads aller Zeiten - CHIP

If I add the many other portals and the original webpage, every German computer user has downloaded at least one copy on his own.
You're joking right, that's the metric you're basing your bull shit on? Downloads averaged.........? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
What?
Your making assumptions with numbers only then extrapolating to make up the difference, kinda Microsoft like.......... What's the breakdown of the numbers, how many multiple downloads per household? How many German speaking peoples worldwide downloaded? Hell you had 56 million people in Germany in 2015, I'm sure the number has risen over 60 million by now so that's half the population going by numbers only. For some reason you see to think that Germany and everything that happens in Germany with German peoples is the center of the world, that everyone else in the world knows what you know and thinks what you think........ Talk about exceptionalism.

Don´t you have magazines and onlinemags that report about programs like Libre Office?
Yeah but like you we have typical users who don't know or even care to look for them and that's the vast majority of users in the world. They want to turn their computer on and have it just work, they don't care how it works as long as it works. Stop projecting your interests and knowledge base on everyone, we are in the minority..........

If I add the many other portals and the original webpage, every German computer user has downloaded at least one copy on his own.
You're joking right, that's the metric you're basing your bull shit on? Downloads averaged.........? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
What?
Your making assumptions with numbers only then extrapolating to make up the difference, kinda Microsoft like.......... What's the breakdown of the numbers, how many multiple downloads per household? How many German speaking peoples worldwide downloaded? Hell you had 56 million people in Germany in 2015, I'm sure the number has risen over 60 million by now so that's half the population going by numbers only. For some reason you see to think that Germany and everything that happens in Germany with German peoples is the center of the world, that everyone else in the world knows what you know and thinks what you think........ Talk about exceptionalism.
You are being paranoid. We have over 80 million people by the way. I just proved that Open Office is widely known and am not responsible for your strange reaction.

What?
You are being paranoid. We have over 80 million people by the way. I just proved that Open Office is widely known and am not responsible for your strange reaction.
You just reported that Open Office is widely known in Germany, I've already stated at least once in this thread that Linux and open source is more popular (therefore better known) in parts of Europe and Asia, Germany is one of those areas. You appear to be attempting to extrapolate that knowledge and popularity world wide, you couldn't be more wrong. What is normal for you is not normal for the rest of the world. Deal with it.

I am using Win 10 for my work computers but I do have one running on XP and It works just fine....Unfortunately my business software requires Win 10 now.

I am using Win 10 for my work computers but I do have one running on XP and It works just fine....Unfortunately my business software requires Win 10 now.

I'm also still using XP. Lol. We are rebels. :D Seriously though, after finally getting used to XP, they want me to "upgrade" again? Give me a break!

That doesn't make sense. I cannot imagine any business system that would require 10 now

That doesn't make sense. I cannot imagine any business system that would require 10 now
Yeah that makes no sense unless his Microsoft trained IT manager is making that claim......... Or he works for Microsoft........ :D

After testing multiple distros and ultimately having a run off between Ubuntu Gnome and Mint Cinnamon I finally went with Mint Cinnamon with the Cinnamenu applet. Much more configurable and I really like the Cinnamenu (semi Gnome 3 style menu).

After testing multiple distros and ultimately having a run off between Ubuntu Gnome and Mint Cinnamon I finally went with Mint Cinnamon with the Cinnamenu applet. Much more configurable and I really like the Cinnamenu (semi Gnome 3 style menu).
OooOo...must check out

OooOo...must check out
Once installed you have to log out then log back in to make it work.

Windows 10 really is a pile of crap though. Ahh the old days:

Not long ago I loaded XP on an older computer. While I loved XP way back when it's window layout now looks like something drawn in a comic book for people who need reading glasses, Win 7 beats XP hands down.
The only thing that really makes Win 10 a "pile of crap" is Microsoft's insistence on using it to turn everyone's PCs into Microsoft "workstations" other than that it's a fairly solid OS.

Not long ago I loaded XP on an older computer. While I loved XP way back when it's window layout now looks like something drawn in a comic book for people who need reading glasses, Win 7 beats XP hands down.
The only thing that really makes Win 10 a "pile of crap" is Microsoft's insistence on using it to turn everyone's PCs into Microsoft "workstations" other than that it's a fairly solid OS.

Yeah my joke was meant to be sarcastic, like an old guy pining for the old days. Gotta have windows 10 to play the latest vidya games anyways. 10 isn't bad after you modify it to your liking. My father won't leave windows 7 lol.

Yeah my joke was meant to be sarcastic, like an old guy pining for the old days. Gotta have windows 10 to play the latest vidya games anyways. 10 isn't bad after you modify it to your liking. My father won't leave windows 7 lol.

There's hardly any games out yet that require Win 10 to run so Win 7 is still more than enough. Microsoft continually removes our ability to modify 10 to our liking unless one is a coder and can rewrite Win 10 code, I'm not. That's why I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer and Linux on everything else (except my wife's laptop and the Lenovo). The Lenovo is for sale........ :eusa_whistle:

There's hardly any games out yet that require Win 10 to run so Win 7 is still more than enough. Microsoft continually removes our ability to modify 10 to our liking unless one is a coder and can rewrite Win 10 code, I'm not. That's why I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer and Linux on everything else (except my wife's laptop and the Lenovo). The Lenovo is for sale........ :eusa_whistle:

I like 7 better than ten but build a new comp I'm going with the new operating system too. I just try to disable most of microsoft's bullshit.

I like 7 better than ten but build a new comp I'm going with the new operating system too. I just try to disable most of microsoft's bullshit.

I did that then Microsucks began removing those blocks one at a time with their forced updates, when I could no longer completely block Cortana I reverted this laptop back to 8.1 but not long after that Microsucks placed their Store on 8.1 and I couldn't get rid of it, that was the last straw.

I did that then Microsucks began removing those blocks one at a time with their forced updates, when I could no longer completely block Cortana I reverted this laptop back to 8.1 but not long after that Microsucks placed their Store on 8.1 and I couldn't get rid of it, that was the last straw.

That fucking store is the biggest pain in the ass. It's not hard to mute Cortana. I have 10 pro gives you more control.

That fucking store is the biggest pain in the ass. It's not hard to mute Cortana. I have 10 pro gives you more control.
Not mute it, completely block it and all their telemetry. I could care less that M$ claims their data mining is harmless and helps the users more than M$, I'm not interested in providing it because they demand I do.

Not mute it, completely block it and all their telemetry. I could care less that M$ claims their data mining is harmless and helps the users more than M$, I'm not interested in providing it because they demand I do.
I know, every update makes it harder to block the data mining. You are convincing me to get better with Linux lol.

I know, every update makes it harder to block the data mining. You are convincing me to get better with Linux lol.
I moved over to Linux when Vista came out (bit of a learning curve back then) but returned to Windows with 7. It's only recently that I've jumped back over to Linux and in doing so tested out numerous Linux distros before settling on the one I like.

Forum List

Back